Help! No Sound No Lan Abit IP35 PRO

Unknown User

9 posts in this topic

I am sure everyone is sick of the newb with dumb questions. So please no flamming.

I am very new to mac's Haven`t used them since early 90's. I have a little knowledge of unix commands, and I mean alittle.

I have a Abit IP35 Pro

Q6600 2.4 quad core

nvdia 8600gt

2gb Corsair 800mhz ram

Triple Boot vista,xp,leopard

Everything seems to be working fine except for ethernet and sound which seems to be a fairly common, issue. I have done some searching and hours of trying still no avail.

My board has dual built in realtek 8110/8139 Realtek Family PCI

which I believe some have been able to get to work. I have used the installer for the realtek1000 from this site and I can see a mac address and name of eth0 in system preferences however it still states cable not connected. I also have tried several .kext from this site and no luck. Has anyone had any luck or could someone point me in the right direction.

As far as sound goes I am not sure which drivers to use I have onboard Realtek HD Sound

has anyone made these work.

Also I am not sure I am installing the .kext correctly. I have been dragging them into the extensions folder. Is this correct.

Any help would be great. I am sorry for all the questions that may seem simple but like I said I have not used a mac in years.

Thank you in advance.

Tyler

As far as sound goes I am not sure which drivers to use I have onboard Realtek HD Sound

has anyone made these work.

I had great results on my IP35-E using Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher v1.20 and alc888.txt.

Also I am not sure I am installing the .kext correctly. I have been dragging them into the extensions folder. Is this correct.

That is only the first step. At a bare minimum you have to change the user to root:wheel, make sure the permissions are correct, delete the old kextcache/mkext, and reboot. Reminds me of the Windows registry but even more of a pain. I am so sick of typing Unix commands...

Not to sound more stupid than I already do. do i just go to terminal and type su~

then drag that text ontop of the hdapatcher?

Also if you have a ip35-e your network card is different I believe. Anyone have a realtek 8110/8139 family pci card working?

Sorry. I will get it eventually. :)

Not to sound more stupid than I already do. do i just go to terminal and type su~

then drag that text ontop of the hdapatcher?

Happily, I just dragged the alc888.txt file onto the HDApatcher, and it did all the unix kext work. Good luck with the network. If you don't need Gigabit speeds, I hear the $5 Realtek 10/100 cards just work out of the box.

i have the exact same board and kalyway dvd 10.5.1 with patches>10.5.2

i had no problems whatsoever with network, so i cant help u there, but i saw somewhere around a post, dealing with cable unpluged mesage. ppl told him, that maybe vista or xp is turning your net off when not in use to save energy. this way leo cannot access your lan which waits for windows call...but im not sure its truth and it works. i dont remember how to set it to work properly, sorry

as for sound... i used files from HERE

to install easy way, use kext helper - included in kalyway. if you dont have it, get it. mac ui...u just drag kext and type passwords, it installs kexts to right place and checks for permissions right away. safe way to do.