Philips SAA7130 TV Tuner

Derek22x

12 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

lspci
05:02.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev d1)
05:02.0 0480: 1131:7133 (rev d1)

Perhaps someone is able to fashion something from the info above. If I knew about any TV Tuner cards for Mac that uses any kind of Philips chip, and also knew how to do legacy kexts or EFI strings, I'd be right on it myself.

And an additional idea: Maybe there's a generic kind of tv tuner driver for OS X that we could add our device IDs to?

(Sorry if I'm replying to an too-old-of-a post btw, wasn't sure which is worst; starting a duplicate topic or replying to "outdated" ones)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.I also have a tv-tuner. Mine is from PROVIDEO PV951 with bt878 and FM Radio module. It is a PCI card (and also have a remote controle). Now, on my Intel PC I installed MAC OS 10.5 Leopard and I want to know how can I make my tuner to run under MAC OS.

Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not only would you need to write drivers for any card, you'd also need to write some software around it, preferably with front row plugin.

That's why I use a terratec cinergy T USB XE dvb-t and Digital Everywhere dvb-c card with eyetv and pyetv frontrow plugin.

Eyetv is not open source and has the drivers build in, so that's not usable to us.

If someone starts writing drivers I'd suggest you start with philips chipsets, most cards have them and they're well documented.

Take a look at the floppydtv for example, it has a philips/nxp chipset and every major open source project supports it.

I got some good ideas for this regarding all of this, if you want to reach me I'll be on irc #osx86.nl :D

• 9 months later...
The driver is absent. :wacko:

If anybody help me with technical documentation for the chip, I shall try to write the driver.

I bought a PCI Tv Tuner from Zogis (Real Angel 220) with this chipset, Philips SAA7130.

What kind of information do you need?

You can find the manual here:

www.zogis.com/driver/Zogis_Real_Angel_220-PO-Manual_do_Usuario.pdf

• 6 months later...
I bought a PCI Tv Tuner from Zogis (Real Angel 220) with this chipset, Philips SAA7130.

What kind of information do you need?

You can find the manual here:

www.zogis.com/driver/Zogis_Real_Angel_220-PO-Manual_do_Usuario.pdf

No, it is user guide, but not a bit information for development.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...