Asus P5K Premium Wifi Black Pearl !ONLY!

spanakorizo

34 posts in this topic

can a mod plz move it to correct section? :rolleyes:

EDIT: 27/09/09

Snow Leopard is out not long time ago and this mobo is very good for installation

so let's continue this topic based in RETAIL SL + DSDT + 99% VANILLA

i dont care to write a guide etc (its full out there) but i can help others and PLEASE no discussions about Distros (kalyway,ipc etc)

only retail install

for now take this .dsl with my edits /compile it and u will have:

AHCI recongnized as Built in=Intel ESB2

USB recognized as Built in

Sleep/Wake Working+wake up keyboard,mouse

OnBoard ADI 1988B working with only 1 kext: AD1988b.Fix.kext

WITH OUT any hacked kext

spanakorizo.dsl.zip

And here is the DSDT.aml (drop it in /Extra)

DSDT.aml.zip

Still have to add p/c states+test cpu perfomance temps// newer version when finish testing will be uploaded

///////old post removed.///////

///adding this image temporaly for testing

post-59183-1254139681_thumb.jpg

sata disks appear as external with orange colour ,but i fixed this in the past,i need time.. (should i worry?)

xbench results 260 /without the Disk (80GB old disk so the results are low)

Don't worry. The disks are running in AHCI mode and are hot pluggable, so they show up as a removable disk. If it bothers there is a work around:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73039

Your Xbench scores do sound kinda low for a Quad.

I don't have the same board (P5K-E) and only a dual core chip (E6600 o/c to 3GHz) and my XBench scores are around 200

i fixed the orange disks this afternoon by replacing/removing some kexts and now i'm back in IDE ,if it's stable i'll leave it as it is

but thanks for the link.i remember this a long time ago

now ..how can you say that my xbench score is low for a quad?

i mean ..maybe my gfx card gets 50 and the cpu 500 ,but because of the card the total score is low :(

i didn't post separately the scores for all the hardware

anyway the cpu score in xbench is 190 ,and i think it's normal for a quad

if i;m mistaken someone correct me

anyway the cpu is what worries me most and i would like to be sure that everything is allright

i'm gonna dig again those huge topics about final cut

someone please test this:

boot normally in leopard and run xbench (only the cpu test)

and then reboot with "cpus=1" and run cpu test again

for me the score is the same

does it stress only the 1 core??

Yeah, total score is different. My bad. My 10k raptors and super tight memory timings probably effected my score a lot. My CPU score is only 179.

Sorry to invade your thread. I know I don't have the board in your subject. :)

hey spanakorizo,

I've been trying to figure out what the differences are between our boards (My p5k deluxe wifi vs Your p5k premium wifi) They look like they have the same networking, sound, etc...

is it something to do with the premium handling 1066 ram differently than the deluxe?

I see that newegg has a pic of some little cooling fans that come with the premium and not the deluxe... but...

Also, it looks like the deluxe is now selling for $10 more than the premium

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

my only issue with the p5k premium is that about this mac and systctl report the wrong speed if I OC more than 3.0ghz. If i OC to 3.2ghz it will report it as being at 3.0, but if I OC to 3.3 it reports 3.6.

Windows will report the prope number tho, i think maybe the default kernel has issues detecting proper cpu or fsb speeds if they're too high.

• 1 year later...
Ok ,thank you can go back to this topic...

your dsl file, you can explain how ?

ADI 1988B working with only 1 kext: AD1988b.Fix.kext ,this kext recovered in a distrib ?

I have install snow léopard ,way Generic.

Hi Flashe,

You asked stuff about kexts in the P5K PRO thread, and I noticed that you still had block storage kext (I forgot the exact name) but you can remove the kext when you use my LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

Sorry. I forgot the other things you talked about, but the idea was that you copied it to this thread so that we could have look at it. Never mind. It's fine like this.

Flashe if u are capable of dsdt just compile my .dsl attachment and u will get internal ahci-uhci without any modded kext

the less modded kexts=the better

In my Extra folder: Fakesmc.kext // UUID.kext //openhaltrestart.kext (i will remove it soon...)

Optional: AD1988B.Fix.kext (if i use onboard sound) VOODOOPS2.kext+AcpiPS2Nub.kext(still on ps2 keyboard)

Ok ,thank you can go back to this topic...

your dsl file, you can explain how ?

ADI 1988B working with only 1 kext: AD1988b.Fix.kext ,this kext recovered in a distrib ?

I have install snow léopard ,way Generic.

i reattached a DSDT.aml ,download it and unzip it in your root or /extra directory

Hello spanakorizo,

I have try your dsdt.aml, I had a kernel-panic:

sp_a0010.jpg

What software you use to test the performance of p/c states+test cpu perfomance,spanakorizo ?

FIRST THING: remove the nullcpupowermanagement.kext!! and try to boot again

i dont see any kp in your screenshot

actually what i see is that boot hangs there (i guess) and nothing happens?

also only the 2 cpus are loaded/configured, thats why i doesnt boot

u need to edit-mix my DSDT.dsl with YOUR cpu's values, then compile back with iaslme (drag&drop on it the .dsl file)

actually the only part u will keep will be in the beggining and u can find it easily in my .dsl (it's marked with //<--part u keep)

Hello spanakorizo,

I attached my dsdt.dsl,I wonder if there are changes to do.I have processor Core 2 Duo E8400

I get a boot with my dsdt file but no suspend activity,i have black screen ,impossible by pressing the power button to return desktop...

What is this software spanakorizo ?

Cup-i

What kexts you use for the suspend activity spanakorizo ?

Bitter to have to install snow, I have notice that the suspend activity does not work for me, I ask you if you can help me to resolve this problem.

I have nullCPUPowermanagemnt try to have to remove, install disabler and sleepenabler To make works the suspend activity but works always not.

Here is my dsdt.dsl makes ,I know if there are modifications has to make or kexts has to install.

Fix this problème possible via DSDT or ACPI ?

Thank you very much.

dsdt.dsl.zip

Hi

spanakorizo,I would have wanted to know if you made the fix of your peripheriques pcie and pci in your dsdt because in information systeme, they are not visible but work :example ethernet,wifi,son,ect...

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Thanks a lot

windpc10.jpg

can a mod plz move it to correct section? :)

Snow Leopard is out not long time ago and this mobo is very good for installation

i dont care to write a guide etc (its full out there) but i can help others and PLEASE no discussions about Distros (kalyway,ipc etc)

only retail install

WITH OUT any hacked kext

spanakorizo.dsl.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Still have to add p/c states+test cpu perfomance temps// newer version when finish testing will be uploaded

Hum how does your .dsl file work?

Could you simply tell me what extentions you used to make snow leopard install disk work and a list of post extentions.

Thank you.

2009-11-03 - Never Mind I figured it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you SO much! You made my system totally work like a number one! Your dsdt.aml is running so smooth...

Here my specs:

Mobo: p5k Premium Black Pearl Edition

CPU: q6600 :P

Graphics: 8800gt via efi injection

Kexts in Extra:

fakesmc.kext

AD1988b.Fix.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

Everything else WORKING OOB

I love running my system without installing ANY kext

You wanna be paid via paypal? B)

For all you guys out there searching for the AD1988b.Fix.kext - AD1988b.Fix.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hello YouDoMeIDoYou,

inputs and outputs are not available in info and sound system only works if you're on Unknow :(  

there are no entrances and exits :line out ,line in ect ect

uses 3 kexts to work on his :voodoohda,hdaenabler and AD1988b.Fix.kext.while on Leopard I have all the inputs and outputs, you'd have a solution for snow ?

preife10.jpg

son_en10.jpg

• 2 months later...

only retail install

WITH OUT any hacked kext

spanakorizo.dsl.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

can u make full instalation tutorial? did u use chameleon or ... ?

• 4 weeks later...

only retail install

WITH OUT any hacked kext

spanakorizo.dsl.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi there man, thanks a lot for the help!

Hmm, I am running Leopard 10.5 at the moment and preparing for a 10.6 upgrade.

I had to modify your dsl file because I have a E6600 processor, but I had never edited/fixed a dsdt file before, so I was a little lost. I changed the first parts of it which relate to the processor, and compared the two files with a diff program and I realized there were more diferences, namely some memory address, so I copied the memory address from my dsdt with my cpu values to yours, and it worked all right, but no usb built-in, only sleep halt and restart issues fixed.

There is two question I want to ask you:

Which kexts are you using right now ?

And, how/where can I learn to fix dsdt deeply, if you can point me to a good material(I googled a bit and found lots of specifics mods to specifcs mobos but no real learning).

I attached my files generated by DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e if you can give me a help, I promise to create a tutorial to install snow from scratch to help the community!

TIA!

alessandro.tar

Hello guys.

I have 10.6.2 retail on p5k premium wifi motherboard whith q6600.

My original DSDT file is same as spanakorizo. Sleep/restart work ok.

But i have error message in kernel.log and speedstep on my CPU not work.

2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
2/24/10 11:17:35 PM	kernel	ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I try to write universal CPU section by Master Chief and have nice result. Error message is lost. Speed step OK. CPU cool. But sleep is not work, fans not stop and pc freeze. And speed of system degrade, i have some freeze in sound when listen music ((.

Sory for my bad english (this is first post on it)), and please help me!

my attachment include

original dsdt - sleep ok, speedstep no

universalcpudsdt - sleep no, speedstep ok

2 system boot log

2 ioreg dump

Thank you !

asus_p5k_prem_wifi_q6600.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

HI,

I have the same board and cpu as you, I just wondered if you got further with testing cpu power states and temps?

youve done good work!, i am using your dsdt :(

I have a lpc device initialisation warning at boot so im not sure if the power states are working :P

anyway, cheers

babyjaws

HI,

I have the same board and cpu as you, I just wondered if you got further with testing cpu power states and temps?

youve done good work!, i am using your dsdt :(

I have a lpc device initialisation warning at boot so im not sure if the power states are working :)

anyway, cheers

babyjaws

what is the warning?

i cant see any warning for me in console with "lpc"

@budiy do u use a fakesmc kext?

anyway guys sorry, but not much time.. system is full stable so i use it only for money/job!

1 thing although: since some months now i have an external sound card m-audio 5.1 etc but now i need to return it.

what is the current progress of the onboard sound?

i remember i didnt use voodoohda but just only 1 adi1998b.kext and stereo only, but this long time ago

lot of things would change.. so?