27 posts in this topic

My system:

Vostro 1400

C2D 1.4 Ghz

2 GB RAM

iATKOS 1.0i install

10.5.2 update through Apple's ComboUpdate

Sigmatel STAC 9228

I can install the kexts for Sigmatel 9228 in Taruga's thread with kext helper 0.7b by tagging cache update, and the first reboot works great. However, the second reboot will cause it to lose functionality.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks! :D

Edited by Taruga
post an ioreg dump after reboot to check it: ioreg -lw0 > /ioreg.txt

Hey Taruga, thanks for the quick reply.

Here is the ioreg.txt on the reboot after I install the kexts. After the first reboot, sound works fine, but I cannot mute it, even on the lowest sound level on the slider. Anything over the lowest is very loud.

Also attached is the ioreg.txt after second reboot, when sound is lost. At this point, no sound works at all.

Other issues:

Headphones do not cause internal speakers to mute.

ioreg_after_install.txt

ioreg_after_second_reboot.txt

Taruga, several users with this soundcard has the same problem, I had it once.

The soundevices are recognized, you can see them on the Prefernece Panel or with the Audio MIDI Setup app, and even volume controls work, but no sund from speakers or headphones.

There are several reports on the Guide at my signature.

Taruga, several users with this soundcard has the same proble, I had it once.

The soundevices are recognized, you can see them on the Prefernece Panel or with the Audio MIDI Setup app, and even volume controls work, but no sund from speakers or headphones.

There are several reports on the Guide at my signature.

Macgirl, you say you had it once. What did you do differently?

Perhaps there is a way to set a script to install these kexts upon startup or before shutdown, so this issue is somewhat nullified. I'm not a unix type of guy, so I wouldn't know how to do that.

EDIT:

Workaround: To any 9228 users with the sound never turning all the way down problem, you can select "internal headphones" on your sound control panel to turn off the sound. Inconvenient, but it works.

Well, I can reproduce the problem now.

mac.nub released a serires of patched AppleSMBIOS, and every time I boot without Extensions.mkext I get no sound from any port, nex reboot newly created Extensions.mkext I get sound.

But others say that they just make the display sleep and they have sound back.

• 2 months later...
ok to fix my sound problem, i selected "headphones" in the sound control panel as the output device, then rebooted. then i chose "internal speakers" in the sound ctrl panel and the sound came back!

that fixed my sound problem, thanks

EDIT: nevermind, restarted and sound AND sleep don't work now, oh well

Don't use the sleep button, use the Apple Menu and select Sleeppost-123-1211568462_thumb.png
Isn't that the same command? Anyway, it it just causing the laptop to restart, no sound at all. But i tried the suggestion to switch the output to headphones, to restart, then back to speakers and got sound back.Thank you all.
ok to fix my sound problem, i selected "headphones" in the sound control panel as the output device, then rebooted. then i chose "internal speakers" in the sound ctrl panel and the sound came back!
This worked for my Inspiron 1525. Thank you man!
This worked for my Inspiron 1525. Thank you man!
That worked for my Inspiron 1525, thank you Man!

that worked for me too, but only for few restarts.

Isn't that the same command?

No it isnt, there are no "Sleep Button" on real Macs, on real Macs you have the option to make the "Power Button" sleep the system.

PCs include a key as "sleep button" on the keyboard, and regualarly when they are PS/2 keyboards which is the case of Dell laptops but they are not mapped because ApplePS2keyboard.kext uses mappings to an ADB equivalent (because there are no PS/2 keyboards on real Macs), on ADB keyboards there is no "Sleep Button".

Also on some BIOS you can select Sleep when you press the "Power Button"

If you didn't set up the Power Button for sleep on Energy Saver pane when you press it a window appears with several options like restart, sleep or shutdown.

No it isnt, there are no "Sleep Button" on real Macs, on real Macs you have the option to make the "Power Button" sleep the system.

PCs include a key as "sleep button" on the keyboard, and regualarly when they are PS/2 keyboards which is the case of Dell laptops but they are not mapped because ApplePS2keyboard.kext uses mappings to an ADB equivalent (because there are no PS/2 keyboards on real Macs), on ADB keyboards there is no "Sleep Button".

Also on some BIOS you can select Sleep when you press the "Power Button"

If you didn't set up the Power Button for sleep on Energy Saver pane when you press it a window appears with several options like restart, sleep or shutdown.

Okay, but anyway both cause the system to restart.

So something is causing a crash, because it does not realy make a restart, I mean app don't shutdown properly then reboots, what does the system.log say?

• 4 weeks later...

no, some have the same issue, if you want to have sound on headphones after sleep you need to open the Sound pane in System preferences and select headphones, instead of Internal Speakers if both outputs appears of course.

Picture_17.png

no, some have the same issue, if you want to have sound on headphones after sleep you need to open the Sound pane in System preferences and select headphones, instead of Internal Speakers if both outputs appears of course.

post-123-1214074125_thumb.png

@macgirl

See this post: http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-view_forum_thr...ts_parentId=722

I belive i've solved, at least i have this issue and neither sending my laptop to sleep nor changing output worked for me. Feel free to include this into your guide.

• 3 weeks later...

[sOLUTION FOUND] I found i way how you will never need to put your pc to sleep or turn to headphones and back. The sound now just works.

After installing the patched kext, use the HDaPatcher with the codec provided in taruga's site.

From about a week i haven't experienced any problems.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 1525.

Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Well , I am new to hackintosh , and I found that booting with "cpus=1 -v" everytime enables the sound (speakers,earfones,and external mic jack too) . I have installed 9228 patch from the Dell Post Install package. Using HDApatcher , my mic and speakers would not work.

Is there any way to specify cpus=1 and -v automatically on every bootup!?

• 2 months later...