Driver/app to use non-numbers on keypad?

S.SubZero

4 posts in this topic

I got a Sager 5793 laptop recently which is pretty OS X friendly. One issue though is the keyboard. While all of the keys work, the numeric keypad is stuck in numeric mode. I understand why this is; Macs don't have alternate functions for the keypad. I really want access to the alternate functions for these keys.

Is there a driver or app for Leopard that will let me either get back numlock functionality or let me re-map the keys to PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, and arrows?

I got a Sager 5793 laptop recently which is pretty OS X friendly. One issue though is the keyboard. While all of the keys work, the numeric keypad is stuck in numeric mode. I understand why this is; Macs don't have alternate functions for the keypad. I really want access to the alternate functions for these keys.

Is there a driver or app for Leopard that will let me either get back numlock functionality or let me re-map the keys to PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, and arrows?

Perhaps DoubleCommand will work for you, it can remap keys and probably more than that.

DoubleCommand doesn't have anything for this, and my BIOS has no Numlock function but defaults to being off. That doesn't seem to matter though, as even if I toggle numlock before the boot loader, OS X just sets it to numbers anyway.

The problem like I said, is that the Mac keyboards by default don't have a numlock key, and don't have alternate functions for the numbers on the keypad.

(see: http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/...-keyboard-1.jpg )

So even if I could somehow toggle numlock, OS X probably has no idea what other function to give the keys.