Driver/app to use non-numbers on keypad?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

S.SubZero

S.SubZero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I got a Sager 5793 laptop recently which is pretty OS X friendly. One issue though is the keyboard. While all of the keys work, the numeric keypad is stuck in numeric mode. I understand why this is; Macs don't have alternate functions for the keypad. I really want access to the alternate functions for these keys.

Is there a driver or app for Leopard that will let me either get back numlock functionality or let me re-map the keys to PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, and arrows?

mattiL

mattiL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I got a Sager 5793 laptop recently which is pretty OS X friendly. One issue though is the keyboard. While all of the keys work, the numeric keypad is stuck in numeric mode. I understand why this is; Macs don't have alternate functions for the keypad. I really want access to the alternate functions for these keys.

Is there a driver or app for Leopard that will let me either get back numlock functionality or let me re-map the keys to PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, and arrows?

Perhaps DoubleCommand will work for you, it can remap keys and probably more than that.

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
check your bios, mine has an option to "numlock on" wich should be disabled

SticMAN

S.SubZero

S.SubZero

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
DoubleCommand doesn't have anything for this, and my BIOS has no Numlock function but defaults to being off. That doesn't seem to matter though, as even if I toggle numlock before the boot loader, OS X just sets it to numbers anyway.

The problem like I said, is that the Mac keyboards by default don't have a numlock key, and don't have alternate functions for the numbers on the keypad.

(see: http://cache.gizmodo...-keyboard-1.jpg )

So even if I could somehow toggle numlock, OS X probably has no idea what other function to give the keys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy