New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2

EqUaTe

143 posts in this topic

You can't use the vanilla (apple) kernel with nforce. Not possible. Won't ever be possible either, unless apple start broadening their hardware base (highly unlikely).

You need to tick _JUST_ the efi bootloader, and the nforce sse3 kernel.

I also recommend you install macdotnub's applesmbios afterwards.

You shouldn't need cpus=1, but if the nforce sse3 kernel doesn't work, then try that.

No real point in using x86 bootloader imo.

Thanks Equate! It worked fine. Managed to boot it, played around a bit and already set up dual-boot. Now I need to get sound working and the proper drivers for GPU, but that I think I can handle my self in the forums. I think the main challenge will be making wireless networking run, but it will be fun.

A small question: how can I mound an USB device (pen-drive) to copy files from it and throw on my MacOS? I'm needing this to install some kexts.

Thanks again!

Honestly, I'm not repacking it as a standalone pkg for several reasons.

1) Too much effort required

2) Most/all is freely available on the forums anyway.

3) My time is better spent working on my release :)

You should be able to install pretty much any of it from the forums into your own install.

If you need a hand with something specific, or want a particular part of the patch, send me a pm.

It's not that I'm against the idea - it'd just take far too much time to be worth it right now.

Cheers,

EqUaTe

Yeah - that's fine. I think it'd work if I applied the ppf to the ISO and then opened it in Pacifist. So I'm going to do that. :D

Thanks for that EqUaTe, that version works correctly!

I have now developed a new problem however, whenever I try and apply the 'r3' patch to my iso, it crashs my windows machine!

So I am trying to do it on my Mac, but Ive never used terminal and im not sure how to copy the ApplyPFF file into /usr/dir?

Any help would be great or if you know the reason why my windows machine crashes would be even better?

Thanks

Shaun

That's a bit odd...

Google bash howto, or bash crib sheet..

But you want something like: cp ~/Desktop/patch/ApplyPPF /usr/bin

Assuming that you extracted the zip to a folder called patch on your desktop, and ApplyPPF is there. You should also be able to do it with the finder.

Is your windows install actually hanging? BSOD? Or is ppf-o-matic crashing?

Thanks Equate! It worked fine. Managed to boot it, played around a bit and already set up dual-boot. Now I need to get sound working and the proper drivers for GPU, but that I think I can handle my self in the forums. I think the main challenge will be making wireless networking run, but it will be fun.

A small question: how can I mound an USB device (pen-drive) to copy files from it and throw on my MacOS? I'm needing this to install some kexts.

Thanks again!

Make it FAT32, then it should just be a matter of plugging it in. If it isn't, you're lacking usb support.. Which would mean a fallback of cd/dvd rw's..

Yeah - that's fine. I think it'd work if I applied the ppf to the ISO and then opened it in Pacifist. So I'm going to do that. :)

Yeah, pretty much.. Some of the packages are a bit more complex though, so send me a pm if you need a hand ;)

My windows system crashes completely the only why to fix it is to turn off at the wall and let it reboot! When it does the iso file is about 30GB?

I've managed to copy the file on my Mac and patch it. It takes like 30 minutes to do so and then it is finished the file is 16GB? Is that correct? As I can not get the MD5 as it says the file is too large?

I am really struggling here!

Thanks Again

Shaun

Hey, my first post here so pardon any noobery.

I initially tried to install off a 1.0ir2 dvd, which worked kinda, but I got the blinking cursor bug.

So I stumbled onto this patch, which I applied (all the md5's checked out) and reburned.

Now I'm having an issue with disk utility not being able to see my hard drive. It was initially formatted in ext3 (which it was before the patch when it worked) and I just gparted it to unallocated space, but it still won't appear. Disk utility recognizes the cd, but it won't see the hard drive.

System info:

Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop

150G SATA WD HD

2 gig ram

centrino Duo proc

Nvidia 8400m

I'm running out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Something to note is that during boot with a -v parameter, it says something about the root filesystem being readonly. Not sure how or why that is.

Edit: jsut tried with unallocated partition and fat32 partition (note this is the entire drive, not dual boot) neither worked. Also a bit more on the, this is what I can remember;

Jettisoning (something)

Kextd[47]: root filesystem is readonly

Gonna try NTFS

Err...Equate I have iATKOS 1.0i but how to apply the r2 patch? :)

You can apply the r2 patch by downloading:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1yidk9mmdy5

Contained in this download is the r2 patch and ppf-o-matic which will apply the patch for you!

Do not forget to create a backup of you iso and check the MD5 or you will get the same problems I did!

Regards

Shaun

My windows system crashes completely the only why to fix it is to turn off at the wall and let it reboot! When it does the iso file is about 30GB?

I've managed to copy the file on my Mac and patch it. It takes like 30 minutes to do so and then it is finished the file is 16GB? Is that correct? As I can not get the MD5 as it says the file is too large?

I am really struggling here!

Thanks Again

Shaun

No, that's not correct. At most it should be a few megs larger.

Hey, my first post here so pardon any noobery.

I initially tried to install off a 1.0ir2 dvd, which worked kinda, but I got the blinking cursor bug.

So I stumbled onto this patch, which I applied (all the md5's checked out) and reburned.

Now I'm having an issue with disk utility not being able to see my hard drive. It was initially formatted in ext3 (which it was before the patch when it worked) and I just gparted it to unallocated space, but it still won't appear. Disk utility recognizes the cd, but it won't see the hard drive.

I'm running out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Something to note is that during boot with a -v parameter, it says something about the root filesystem being readonly. Not sure how or why that is.

Edit: jsut tried with unallocated partition and fat32 partition (note this is the entire drive, not dual boot) neither worked. Also a bit more on the, this is what I can remember;

Jettisoning (something)

Kextd[47]: root filesystem is readonly

Gonna try NTFS

The root filesystem being readonly during install is normally - you can't write to a dvd :D

What ide/sata controller do you have?

i just use this patch with badbios, and it finally can boot with installation.

after rebooting, it stops when it shows no firewire error.

without the patch it will stop when touching header custer.

Did you tick the ACPI/APIC patch? (fairly sure it's still optional, but can't remember.

If it wasn't there it means it was auto-installed.

Did you tick the box for the original ACPIFamily? If so, that's why it isn't working I suspect...

EqUaTe

yugiyao

Use MD5 checker tools. Tons of them on the net.

EqUaTe,

I am sorry to report that this PPF does not fix my bootloader problems. I get to "Press any key to install OS X", I press a key, it flashes to Loading Darwin/x86 for a sec and it returns to the message. Same problem with R2 and your patch, lots of people seem to have this.

Anyway, I really appreciate the work you put into it anyway, and I look forward to seeing your release :rolleyes: In the end I just did a Kalyway install and my machine is happily humming away now at leo.

Fogive me this is my first run at this.

Anyway When I boot from the iATKOS v1.0r2 .iso I get the "Hit any button to install OSX" and then it boot the apple logo on screen and just hangs forever.

So I downloaded this patch and Im not sure how to apply it. Do I have to extract the data from the .iso and build a new one or is there a patcher software that applies the fix for me?

Thank you in advanced for any help.

Edit: Sorry I didnt see the read me. Im doing the patch now Ill see how it works soon.

Also, Im assuming that because this adds support for sse2 and sse3 that AMD dual cores will work with it yes?

Ok so I did the patch and now it doesnt just hang at the apple window it now also has a white square with a ciricle and a line through it ........and it hangs.

Is this what the bad bios patch is for or does this mean something is incompatible?

EDIT: When I run it with -v it detects my Nforce and then hangs it says "Still Waiting For Root Device". Whats this mean? Is it waiting for a response from the Hard Disk?

2nd Edit: I Rebotted and this time it got one step further its trying to detect sleep compatibility and it repeats "Still Waiting For Root Device" over and over again about once every 4 minutes.

I'm going to run this patch, but if I still get the blinking cursor I'll give up for a couple of months.

I've literally got a stye on my eye because of getting so frustrated with this problem!

Must have reinstalled about 20 times now.

Dell M1330

2GB

1.5Ghz C2D

X3100

It does fix that. That was the main reason behind working on it.

yugiyao

Use MD5 checker tools. Tons of them on the net.

EqUaTe,

I am sorry to report that this PPF does not fix my bootloader problems. I get to "Press any key to install OS X", I press a key, it flashes to Loading Darwin/x86 for a sec and it returns to the message. Same problem with R2 and your patch, lots of people seem to have this.

Anyway, I really appreciate the work you put into it anyway, and I look forward to seeing your release :) In the end I just did a Kalyway install and my machine is happily humming away now at leo.

Did you apply just my base patch, or the bad bios patch as well? This sounds very much like you're a victim of a bad bios.. Kabyl may be able to help there ;-)

Ok so I did the patch and now it doesnt just hang at the apple window it now also has a white square with a ciricle and a line through it ........and it hangs.

Is this what the bad bios patch is for or does this mean something is incompatible?

EDIT: When I run it with -v it detects my Nforce and then hangs it says "Still Waiting For Root Device". Whats this mean? Is it waiting for a response from the Hard Disk?

2nd Edit: I Rebotted and this time it got one step further its trying to detect sleep compatibility and it repeats "Still Waiting For Root Device" over and over again about once every 4 minutes.

What ide/sata controller is your dvd drive connected to? When trying to install, this means it can't find the dvd...

EqUaTe

Right.

I have a Dell M1330. It has 2GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 1.5Ghz, 160GB drive, Intel crestline graphics & Dell wireless.

I must have tried reinstalling iatkos V1.0 r2 30 times, but all I got was blinking cursor. I tried in a number of different ways with different things selected in custom menu, different hard drives and different things selected in the bios.

I was delighted to see r3 has now come out. I patched my ISO last night in windows which went fine (well done for making it so easy!) I booted up on my laptop to the disk and went to format the hard drive, but it couldn't see my hard drive. R2 had never had an issue seeing it. I restarted, went into the bios and changed my drive to ATA, and disabled the flash cache module. I then booted to the disk again and it saw my drive. I formatted it to Mac OSX extended journalised and went to install. In the custom menu I selected :

picture2ht1.png

Except the Nforce and LSPCI (as it wasn't there.)

I installed the OS, restarted and went to boot into mac. I got really excited because this is the furthest I have got, but then it just sat on the mac boot screen for about 15 minutes. The cursor came and went. I left it on all night last night, and still the same this morning.

I'm not sure where to go from here! Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Ok. I changed some more things in the custom menu, now it boots past the mac boot screen, I get a blue screen for about 3 seconds and then the screen goes blank.

I've selected

Darwin EFI bootloader, stock appleacpiplatform.kext, stock kernel,

useful tools, temperature monitor.

I also selected drivers, intel GMA X3100, network broadcom 440x

Still trying!

EDIT: I've now found this advice

UNPLUG the computer. WAIT 20 seconds then shut the lid. SET A TIMER for 11 Minutes exactly. I tried everything from 2-15 minutes, and this is what works. It's the sweet spot right in between when the display shuts off and your computer goes to sleep forever. Listen to a few songs. Note: you should select something with an upbeat tempo to get your mind off your computer.

Good install. Compaq c712NR laptopStrange thing, patched would not see SATA HD (only drive in lappy) I had to disable SATA native in BIOS. Not an issue in unpatched r2 DVD. This causes no problem, just took a while to figure out. This patch and resulting DVD should work where the r2 DVD will.Nice work! :( Kenny

Hasn't worked :( Edit: Well I tried again, didn't work again. I plugged it into an external monitor and all I've got is the booting into mac screen but it has stopped loading. The rings aren't going round the circle.

OK try this:check these only

-iATKOS

Bootloader

+Darwin EFI bootloader

+Stock Kernel

Patches

+Remove Thermal kextDrivers

System

+netkas smbios

If that custom does not work try:

Bootloader

+Darwin X86 Bootloader

everything else the same

good luck

kenny

Hasn't worked :police:

Edit: Well I tried again, didn't work again. I plugged it into an external monitor and all I've got is the booting into mac screen but it has stopped loading. The rings aren't going round the circle.

What gfx do you have? Which gfx options did you tick?

Good install. Compaq c712NR laptopStrange thing, patched would not see SATA HD (only drive in lappy) I had to disable SATA native in BIOS. Not an issue in unpatched r2 DVD. This causes no problem, just took a while to figure out. This patch and resulting DVD should work where the r2 DVD will.Nice work! :wacko: Kenny

OK try this:check these only

-iATKOS

Bootloader

+Darwin EFI bootloader

+Stock Kernel

Patches

+Remove Thermal kextDrivers

System

+netkas smbios

If that custom does not work try:

Bootloader

+Darwin X86 Bootloader

everything else the same

good luck

kenny

Not sure why you have to disable AHCI.. That's strange, the majority of the kexts are the same..

I'll investigate that issue and be sure it works in both modes when I do my own release..

EqUaTe

Did you apply just my base patch, or the bad bios patch as well? This sounds very much like you're a victim of a bad bios.. Kabyl may be able to help there ;-)

EqUaTe

Hey Equate,

Thanks for the reply. I only applied the base patch, not the Bad BIOS. I don't understand how it could be bad BIOS, as I am using the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P motherboard, one of the most supported motherboards for OS X. If I had bad BIOS wouldn't kalyway not work either?

Appreciate the help :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Equate,

Thanks for the reply. I only applied the base patch, not the Bad BIOS. I don't understand how it could be bad BIOS, as I am using the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P motherboard, one of the most supported motherboards for OS X. If I had bad BIOS wouldn't kalyway not work either?

Appreciate the help :)

Hmm.. What I've seen suggests that the DS3P is less supported than some of the other variants (such as the DS3R).

Anyway, the symptoms you describe so far pretty much fit that.

Interestingly, some people that suffer from badbios issues are able to use kalyways release. Don't know why.

What happens with you use cpus=1 -v -x ?

So I switched out both of my Sata drives (Hard Drive and DVD) for IDE and Im still getting the read write fail.

Last message from you I can see you were saying you were getting 'waiting for root device'.

I repeat my original response to this, with a bit more:

What controller is this using? What nforce chipset/southbridge?

Is this AFTER install, or while trying to boot off the dvd?

What do you mean by 'read write fail' ?

EqUaTe

Hmm.. What I've seen suggests that the DS3P is less supported than some of the other variants (such as the DS3R).

Anyway, the symptoms you describe so far pretty much fit that.

Interestingly, some people that suffer from badbios issues are able to use kalyways release. Don't know why.

What happens with you use cpus=1 -v -x ?

EqUaTe

I tried all the flags I knew, cpus=1 -f -s -x -v, everything resulted in the same problem.