New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2

EqUaTe

143 posts in this topic

Any idea why iATKOS 10ir2 would be timing out and reporting "Installation Failed ... please restart your PC" on attempts to install to an external USB drive? (Dell e1705, Intel 945PM chipset, NV 7900GS. I removed the internal SATA drive as a safeguard. The same thing happens whether I select Darwin or EFI bootloader, but the progress bar on the install gets to different places before it times out and the "Install Failed" message appears. The exact same configuration permits the older Brazilmac DVD to install the whole OS.)

i have to report i dont know what's wrong but iAtkosv 1.0ir2 can detect, find outofthe box my sata drive , but patched 1.0ir3 won't find it anymore, tired it again and again, no luck. I have Fujistsu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile U9200. iAtkosv 1.0ir2 works like a charm, but i cant boot without the DVD. I will post also my specs and all availibe BIOS settings. Specs: HDD Seagate 120 GB S-ATA 150, graphics Intel X3100, NIC Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g, Marvell 88E8055, memory 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM, 667 MHz, cpu T7250 (2,0 GHz), chipset Intel® GM965- ICH 8-M, audio Realtek ALC262, Bios settings: for drive i can change 32 bit I/O(i have it disabled), SATA controller is enabled, AHCI configuration is enabled, Sata mode is Native(Also Compatibility mod is present) but then no AHCI, IDE channels BOTH(also primary, seconday and none avail.), and XD bit functioanilty is Enabled. That's all i can alter....... Help much appreciated. :-)

Hey ppl :(

I am trying to install os x on my Inspiron dell 9300 and it is abit of a hassle. I´ve tried installing iATKOS version 1.0i and the install works like a charm, untill my first reboot after installation. I can never actually get to the point where i am loading OS X.

The installer works, i can format my drive and install the os, but when i reboot, i can not get past "PBR 2"...

can someone point me in the right direction here? srry if i am posting in the TOTALLY wrong place but my browser wouldnt let me search on this forum.

Kringon :huh:

EqUaTe Please can you do a patch for me I have and ICH8D0 chipset, i get that information from cpu-z my chipset Vendor ID is 8086 and DEVICE ID is 2820 i can't boot any MAC OS X DVD that so far been created on earth on it. everyone does not work my chipset is not an ICH8R but and ICH8D0 and above are the Device ID and Vendor ID

Please even if u can add it so a kext for me to put on my USB installatio nthat i havedome on a friend's Laptop .

Please

thanks

Does the USB install work if you do it on another system?

I don't know a whole lot about installing on usb at the moment - it's not something I've done as of yet.

Any1 knows how to update iATKOS v1.0ir2 to 10.5.2 no pc_efi?

To be honest, this isn't really the right thread for that. Why no efi?

Netkas guide is probably still largely relevant, but you'll need to backup your kernel as well.

i have to report i dont know what's wrong but iAtkosv 1.0ir2 can detect, find outofthe box my sata drive , but patched 1.0ir3 won't find it anymore, tired it again and again, no luck. I have Fujistsu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile U9200. iAtkosv 1.0ir2 works like a charm, but i cant boot without the DVD. I will post also my specs and all availibe BIOS settings. Specs: HDD Seagate 120 GB S-ATA 150, graphics Intel X3100, NIC Intel� PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g, Marvell 88E8055, memory 2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM, 667 MHz, cpu T7250 (2,0 GHz), chipset Intel� GM965- ICH 8-M, audio Realtek ALC262, Bios settings: for drive i can change 32 bit I/O(i have it disabled), SATA controller is enabled, AHCI configuration is enabled, Sata mode is Native(Also Compatibility mod is present) but then no AHCI, IDE channels BOTH(also primary, seconday and none avail.), and XD bit functioanilty is Enabled. That's all i can alter....... Help much appreciated. :-)

32bit IO is worth turning on (just for perfomance).. Your wifi won't work for now, nic should, rest should be fine.

Do you have a linux livecd?

Hey ppl :D

I am trying to install os x on my Inspiron dell 9300 and it is abit of a hassle. I´ve tried installing iATKOS version 1.0i and the install works like a charm, untill my first reboot after installation. I can never actually get to the point where i am loading OS X.

The installer works, i can format my drive and install the os, but when i reboot, i can not get past "PBR 2"...

can someone point me in the right direction here? srry if i am posting in the TOTALLY wrong place but my browser wouldnt let me search on this forum.

Kringon :)

Kringon: get the r2 ppf, patch your iso with that, then get my patch above and patch with it as well. Don't use the bad bios patch - you don't need it.

EqUaTe

Done as instructed, the resulting ISO is bootable, but.... that is it, install will not proceed, as it does not have HFS+ partition (also will not mount on already installed Leo)

sebus

cant u use diskutility within the installer to create a hfs+ partition? i did it when i tried to install leopard the first time on my dell laptop

Done as instructed, the resulting ISO is bootable, but.... that is it, install will not proceed, as it does not have HFS+ partition (also will not mount on already installed Leo)

sebus

Did you verify the md5's? If the iso won't mount in OSX then something is very wrong.

Sounds like you may have missed a step out - was your iatkos iso prepatched with r2?

Did you follow the instructions in the readme file? (it's there for a reason folks! :D )

Yes, it was me. I destroyed the original iso by applying wrong patch.

It should be iATKOS_v1.0ir2.ppf

Then iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf & all is FINE (as far as the disk is concerned, my install is a different matter)

Sorry for the b**t comment

sebus

Equate USB install does not work i tried usb install it does not work. The issue is that it can't from an Install DVD neither can it boot from and installation i have made on a External USB Drive. I think the problem is from the chipset if u can find a way to added it to the install CD i would be glad

To be honest, this isn't really the right thread for that. Why no efi?

Netkas guide is probably still largely relevant, but you'll need to backup your kernel as well.

Sorry if this is not the right thread,

Anyhow, My pc is SSE2 only that's why i cant use EFI

guess i have to figure it out on how to upgrade no efi to 10.5.2 base on netkas guide

any idea what are the specific things that i have to backup?

Yes, it was me. I destroyed the original iso by applying wrong patch.

It should be iATKOS_v1.0ir2.ppf

Then iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf & all is FINE (as far as the disk is concerned, my install is a different matter)

Sorry for the b**t comment

sebus

No worries. What problems are you having with the install?

Equate USB install does not work i tried usb install it does not work. The issue is that it can't from an Install DVD neither can it boot from and installation i have made on a External USB Drive. I think the problem is from the chipset if u can find a way to added it to the install CD i would be glad

Are you trying to use GPT (GUID) ? iATKOS has no support for that.

you rule man.....

badbios patch fixed all my unbootable motherboad issues

(currently intalling under intel 845 chipset)

bootproblems gone man.... ;-) awesome release bro....awesome!!!!

Cool. Glad it's working :(

Sorry if this is not the right thread,

Anyhow, My pc is SSE2 only that's why i cant use EFI

guess i have to figure it out on how to upgrade no efi to 10.5.2 base on netkas guide

any idea what are the specific things that i have to backup?

Generally, take a backup of /System/Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Frameworks

Also make a backup copy of your kernel - you'll need it. The copy will need to be in / , but with a different name, such as mach_sse2

Then after patching you'll need to boot with mach_sse2

well... i tried the "kalyway" and it didnt work. I could boot his DVD, run his installer and select the proper custom addons (SSE2, GUID or MBR), but when i was supposed to boot from HDD into OS X i only got the blinking _ at the top left corner

I have now sucsessfully downloaded the iatkos image and patched it with your new patch Equate (even checked all files and steps with MD5 and it is all correct.)

I am now gonna try to install this version. Crossing my fingers!!@

EDIT: Installing it now, although i am NOT sure of what i am supposed to select in the "customize" area. I selected as few as possible drivers (none in vga, audio, network etc), as i suppose i can correct these later...the less fuss at the installer, the better

mzn123: Can you be more specific about this? Not sure what you mean.

kringon: drivers depends on your hardware.. you should always go into this knowing what hardware you have :(

How did you get on?

EqUaTe, great patch gets my nforce SATA drives recognised by the installer, but now since introducing the patch, i get while the installer varifies the payload (see in installer log) it stops saying the intel package could not be successfully varified. Before the patch it worked fine, but what can do to either skip the varification or get it successfully varified. if you would like details im happy to go get them.

Note this is not the varification pop-up, i can skip that, this is the payload varification where it stops installing.

If you can help i would appreciate it. If this has already been asked i do applolgise, but the computer im writing from is truely a silicon slug.

I am trying to apply you patch to my iATKOS iso, but I understand you must first patch it 'r2'. I have downloading this from the link you provided to rapidshare. Before I patched the iso to 'r2' the MD5 was: 166c9e104115ac7e6d6ee0a634b91471 which was correct. After I apply the 'r2' patch the MD5 is now: 49d4cfb34461c90902e2df377695ee07 which is wrong!

Does anyone have any idea why this is? or how I can fix this?

Thanks

Shaun

Hello there,

I've tried to install iAtkos 1.0i r2 on my PC but my mobo is nForce chipset so I grabbed the "r3" addon patch that gives support to nForce SATA drivers.

I've installed iAtkos MacOS perfectly on my HD, using Darwin EFI Bootloader. When I boot the gray screen appears but after a minute or two the loading icon freezes.

I did boot using -v (and later -v -x) commands to check what was the problem but no error is shown. It freezes after it gives the command to load the logon screen.

*Actually I have shown some NVInject errors, so I've reinstalled without grabbing NVIntect drivers, now no error is shown, but won't boot anyway.

My PC specs are:

ASUS P5N-SLI (have Nforce SATA chipset)

Intel Core Duo 2 E6750 2.66Ghz FSB800Mhz

250GB SATA

2Gb RAM DDR2-800

Geforce 8600GT 128Mb

Any insights that could help me get Leopard working? Should I change any configuration? Should I use another Leopard Build (like BrazilMac, Kalyway, etc)?

Thanks

Is it possible to have this as a separate package for those of us who installed v1.0ir2 (as in not a .ppf to apply to the ISO, but a post-installation.pkg)?

- Sabr. :angel:

Edit: Or is it possible to extract a .pkg from this .ppf?

EqUaTe, great patch gets my nforce SATA drives recognised by the installer, but now since introducing the patch, i get while the installer varifies the payload (see in installer log) it stops saying the intel package could not be successfully varified. Before the patch it worked fine, but what can do to either skip the varification or get it successfully varified. if you would like details im happy to go get them.

Note this is not the varification pop-up, i can skip that, this is the payload varification where it stops installing.

If you can help i would appreciate it. If this has already been asked i do applolgise, but the computer im writing from is truely a silicon slug.

Did you verify the md5sum both before and after patching? If so, and they were correct, it means you have a bad burn.

If you haven't checked them, check the patched iso now - see the readme for what it should be. If this matches, you have a bad burn. If it doesn't match, your patching process went awry or you had a bad iso to start with.

I am trying to apply you patch to my iATKOS iso, but I understand you must first patch it 'r2'. I have downloading this from the link you provided to rapidshare. Before I patched the iso to 'r2' the MD5 was: 166c9e104115ac7e6d6ee0a634b91471 which was correct. After I apply the 'r2' patch the MD5 is now: 49d4cfb34461c90902e2df377695ee07 which is wrong!

Does anyone have any idea why this is? or how I can fix this?

Thanks

Shaun

Use this r2 instead: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1yidk9mmdy5

As always - take a backup of your ISO before you patch, in case something goes wrong.

Hello there,

I've tried to install iAtkos 1.0i r2 on my PC but my mobo is nForce chipset so I grabbed the "r3" addon patch that gives support to nForce SATA drivers.

I've installed iAtkos MacOS perfectly on my HD, using Darwin EFI Bootloader. When I boot the gray screen appears but after a minute or two the loading icon freezes.

I did boot using -v (and later -v -x) commands to check what was the problem but no error is shown. It freezes after it gives the command to load the logon screen.

*Actually I have shown some NVInject errors, so I've reinstalled without grabbing NVIntect drivers, now no error is shown, but won't boot anyway.

My PC specs are:

ASUS P5N-SLI (have Nforce SATA chipset)

Intel Core Duo 2 E6750 2.66Ghz FSB800Mhz

250GB SATA

2Gb RAM DDR2-800

Geforce 8600GT 128Mb

Any insights that could help me get Leopard working? Should I change any configuration? Should I use another Leopard Build (like BrazilMac, Kalyway, etc)?

Thanks

What happens with cpus=1 -v ?

What installer options (especially relevant is the kernel) did you choose? Which bootloader did you use?

Is it possible to have this as a separate package for those of us who installed v1.0ir2 (as in not a .ppf to apply to the ISO, but a post-installation.pkg)?

- Sabr. ;)

Edit: Or is it possible to extract a .pkg from this .ppf?

Honestly, I'm not repacking it as a standalone pkg for several reasons.

1) Too much effort required

2) Most/all is freely available on the forums anyway.

3) My time is better spent working on my release :P

You should be able to install pretty much any of it from the forums into your own install.

If you need a hand with something specific, or want a particular part of the patch, send me a pm.

It's not that I'm against the idea - it'd just take far too much time to be worth it right now.

Cheers,

EqUaTe

What happens with cpus=1 -v ?

What installer options (especially relevant is the kernel) did you choose? Which bootloader did you use?

I haven't tried cpus=1 -v, i can try, but the loading screen didn't show any cpu error.

The thing is, with cpus=1, won't I just be using 50% of my processor capacity? I got core2, does this mean I'll only run Leo with one core, or it's just a crazy maniac setting that will make both cores run smooth?

I've chose EFI bootloader. When I selected all the sub-options, after the instalation MacOS was refusing to boot at the Darwin screen. When I selected only EFI it started the boot, but freezes now in where I told you.

Should I try x86 boot loader? I've heard I have to use EFI bootloader to be able to run Vanilla and a lot of Apple stuff that I'm needing to run, like Final Cut Pro.

I haven't tried cpus=1 -v, i can try, but the loading screen didn't show any cpu error.

The thing is, with cpus=1, won't I just be using 50% of my processor capacity? I got core2, does this mean I'll only run Leo with one core, or it's just a crazy maniac setting that will make both cores run smooth?

I've chose EFI bootloader. When I selected all the sub-options, after the instalation MacOS was refusing to boot at the Darwin screen. When I selected only EFI it started the boot, but freezes now in where I told you.

Should I try x86 boot loader? I've heard I have to use EFI bootloader to be able to run Vanilla and a lot of Apple stuff that I'm needing to run, like Final Cut Pro.

You can't use the vanilla (apple) kernel with nforce. Not possible. Won't ever be possible either, unless apple start broadening their hardware base (highly unlikely).

You need to tick _JUST_ the efi bootloader, and the nforce sse3 kernel.

I also recommend you install macdotnub's applesmbios afterwards.

You shouldn't need cpus=1, but if the nforce sse3 kernel doesn't work, then try that.

No real point in using x86 bootloader imo.

Thanks for that EqUaTe, that version works correctly!

I have now developed a new problem however, whenever I try and apply the 'r3' patch to my iso, it crashs my windows machine!

So I am trying to do it on my Mac, but Ive never used terminal and im not sure how to copy the ApplyPFF file into /usr/dir?

Any help would be great or if you know the reason why my windows machine crashes would be even better?

Thanks

Shaun