New patch for iATKOS v1.0ir2

EqUaTe

143 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT NOTE: Kabyl and myself are now subject to a campaign of slander by eskurza, because we disagreed with him and decided to go independant. I'm not going into it, but it is getting ridiculous now.END NOTE

http://tinyurl.com/2zs65w

The above is my patch for iATKOS v1.0i r2.

Here is the changelog:

iATKOS 1.0ir2 Post-Update by EqUaTe

These patches are designed to be appled to the iATKOS v1.0i r2 ISO.

The first could be considered the unofficial r3, but I shall not refer

to it as such again.

iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf

* Adds support for NForce chipsets

* NForceATA

* NForce SSE3 and SSE2 kernels

* Installer support for NForce

* Automatic installation of NForce requirements when you select

either of the NForce Kernels

* Fixes ALL bootloader issues exhibited by r2

* More advanced script than seen in original release and r2

* Will preserve your existing bootloader rather than overwrite it

- You will no longer have to reinstall grub or the xp bootloader

if you want to use them. Merely add the chainloader commands.

* On a blank disk/partition table will install completely, making the

disk bootable. No more blinking cursor!

* Adds OPTIONAL support for PCCard/CardBus/PCMCIA

* Uses customised kexts by Chun-Nan

* Don't install this package unless you have a CardBus controller

* Doesn't work for everyone - work is ongoing on this

* Adds PCIUtils for OSX

* Ported from Linux

* lspci and setpci now available

* update-pciids to update the PCI ID database

* Automatically installed

* Adds TempMonitor

* Program for reporting temperature from available sensors

* Type tempmonitor at the terminal

* Adds package for Bad BIOS support.

* Not available in installer - needs to be used on another machine

* Fixes the freeze at the buffers count (10495).

* Uses old ACPI and APIC kexts

* Removes FireWire kexts to prevent conflicts

* Don't use if you don't have to!

* Installer support available in 2nd PPF.

iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1+BadBIOS.ppf

* Adds Bad BIOS support to the installer

* Don't use on machines that work normally

* Try it if you can't boot even with cpus=1 -v -x

This has been tested, and is working well. Enjoy folks!

EDIT: Adding link to Mysticus' guide.

It is recommended you follow this for installing on NForce (and largely in general). It is a good step by step guide, and should help you solve any issues you come across during install.

There is also some very useful information in it!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

Note that dev1 and r3 refer to this patch, and will no longer exist. Internally you will find the install identified as r3 - this is due to changes I made earlier in the development stages, prior to politics becoming involved.

Thanks mysticus!

i will try the patch today, but I don't think I will try any more patches after this one, I've wasted 4 dvd's so far and trust me it aint worth it with the blinking curser thingy, I hate failing but I'm not a loser, I will keep trying. :(

This fixes the blinking cursor :)

We've tested it quite thoroughly ;)

i got iaktos v1.0i release...which patch do i need to apply before applying this one?

You need the r2 patch. If you don't have it, you can get it from here: http://tinyurl.com/24xef8

MD5's, readme and such are here: http://tinyurl.com/2bmgbv

Ok I'm a bit confused here :)

I downloaded iATKOS v1.0i. I then need to apply the 1.0ir2 patch to it, right? And once I've done that, I have to apply your iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf patch to it?

Another question if you don't mind. If what I mentioned above is correct, what if I still can't boot to the DVD? As I have read from your readme files, that iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1+BadBIOS.ppf should resolve the issue, BUT, do I need to apply this patch after applying the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf or do I need to apply it on the iATKOS v1.0ir2 ?

Thank you for your time :(

Had original iATKOS v1 disk, patched --> v2, then to v3 + bad bios patch.

Completely erased and made one leopard partition using the disk utility.

Set up as: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1172/picture2ht1.png

Except unchecked all patches and tools (btw LSCPI does not show up :-/)

Selected drivers appropriate for my laptop (vid card / wireless / nic, check siggy )

Installed, was able to boot, get stuck at "Do You Already Have a Mac?" + infinite welcome/transfer loop.

No sound (expected :D ), can't check on other stuff since I cant create user acct.

I had to disable NIC on BIOS.

That's all I got to report for now, feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions ;p

EDIT: boots slow, but runs pretty slow: hello rainbow swirly of death :3

EDIT: rebooted and was able to get past do you already have a mac.

Ok I'm a bit confused here :D

I downloaded iATKOS v1.0i. I then need to apply the 1.0ir2 patch to it, right? And once I've done that, I have to apply your iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf patch to it?

Another question if you don't mind. If what I mentioned above is correct, what if I still can't boot to the DVD? As I have read from your readme files, that iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1+BadBIOS.ppf should resolve the issue, BUT, do I need to apply this patch after applying the iATKOS_v1.0ir2-EqUaTe1.ppf or do I need to apply it on the iATKOS v1.0ir2 ?

Thank you for your time :D

The BadBIOS patch, as described in the Readme in the zip, is applied _after_ the EqUaTe1 patch.

Basic process: get v1.0i. Patch to r2. Patch with EqUaTe1. Optionally, patch with +BadBIOS.

Had original iATKOS v1 disk, patched --> v2, then to v3 + bad bios patch.

Completely erased and made one leopard partition using the disk utility.

Set up as: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1172/picture2ht1.png

Except unchecked all patches and tools (btw LSCPI does not show up :-/)

Selected drivers appropriate for my laptop (vid card / wireless / nic, check siggy )

Installed, was able to boot, get stuck at "Do You Already Have a Mac?" + infinite welcome/transfer loop.

No sound (expected :P ), can't check on other stuff since I cant create user acct.

I had to disable NIC on BIOS.

That's all I got to report for now, feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions ;p

EDIT: boots slow, but runs pretty slow: hello rainbow swirly of death :3

EDIT: rebooted and was able to get past do you already have a mac.

The do you already have a mac loop is well known - you do just have to disable the nic usually.

What chipset do you have? Have you worked out what makes it slow?

LSPCI isn't supposed to show up - it's just installed.. ;)

ALWAYS installed :D

EqUaTe

Yeah I read somewhere I would have to disable the NIC to make the install work, no big deal at all. And after I was able to create my user account, reboot, and login, Leopard is running fast... Off to *learn how to* install NIC/Wireless/Video drivers :)

Oh the chipset is Intel 945PM, I know that's not all of it, but I don't know how to find the "suffix" :-P

Oooh this is nice... Seriously, once I got some extra cash it's being donated to a few certain people... I really appreciate the hard work people put into these installers! (Not to mention the help provided here on the forums ^_^ )

Well, for reference, I won't be doing any more work on iATKOS.

Instead I'm going to do my own release with a few other folk.

What NIC do you have? If it's a broadcom 57xx, give up now. If you let me know about wifi & video, I may be able to help you :unsure:

Instead I'm going to do my own release with a few other folk.

Oh is that so... let me know if you need testers or something :) I may be able to be useful by the time I get accostumed with *nix again ^^ (tried linux and bsd on and off since '97, and I'm trying to get back into it ;) )

What NIC do you have? If it's a broadcom 57xx, give up now. If you let me know about wifi & video, I may be able to help you :)

EDIT: Yeah... I see we both have the same-ish wifi and NIC... I guess I'm without internet on Leo then, since your siggy reports these dont work >_>

• VIDEO: nvidia quatro nvs110m (titan drivers?)
  • SOUND: SigmaTel STAC9200 (tartuga?)
  • NIC: NetXtreme BCMS 5752 *cough* Uh uh *cough* Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (Broadcom) (no drivers?)
  • WIRELESS: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (*prays there are drivers for these*)

I'd like to thank Kubuntu for providing me with this info *bows*

Oh boy this is going to be fun :D

I tried installing the titan drivers following the help at:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan

When I reboot the computer to apply the changes, leopard reboots itself, then boots normaly. However there is much mouse lag, I have to wait maybe 2 seconsds for the mouse position to update.

Oh boy do I feel newbie!

Oh is that so... let me know if you need testers or something :) I may be able to be useful by the time I get accostumed with *nix again ^^ (tried linux and bsd on and off since '97, and I'm trying to get back into it :D )

Cool :) Am hoping to build up a decent team.. Going to take a while I suspect :P

EDIT: Yeah... I see we both have the same-ish wifi and NIC... I guess I'm without internet on Leo then, since your siggy reports these dont work >_>
  • VIDEO: nvidia quatro nvs110m (titan drivers?)
  • SOUND: SigmaTel STAC9200 (tartuga?)
  • NIC: NetXtreme BCMS 5752 *cough* Uh uh *cough* Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (Broadcom) (no drivers?)
  • WIRELESS: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (*prays there are drivers for these*)

I'd like to thank Kubuntu for providing me with this info *bows*

Heh. lspci ftw ;-) (which is installed on your osx if you used my patches :P)

Ok. Video should work. Check out natit and nvinject - iirc natit is on here, nvinject is http://nvinject.free.fr - I'd go there first.

Sound - tarugas hda patcher. You know how to get a codec dump?

NIC: not a chance in hell just now, at least imo. There are a few binary hacks, but they don't work for most people.

Wifi: possibly soon. There have been some interesting developments on the iwidarwin project recently.

Oh boy this is going to be fun :D

I tried installing the titan drivers following the help at:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan

When I reboot the computer to apply the changes, leopard reboots itself, then boots normaly. However there is much mouse lag, I have to wait maybe 2 seconsds for the mouse position to update.

Oh boy do I feel newbie!

Don't worry, you're doing better than most people :D

It's not uncommon for people to install osx then wonder why it's not like windows.. Or how they start applications.. Or install apps.. And so on.

Oooh. One thing. If you're using my patches, can you link them in your sig? (use http://tinyurl.com/2b6grt as it's a bit smaller :P

Ok. Video should work. Check out natit and nvinject - iirc natit is on here, nvinject is http://nvinject.free.fr - I'd go there first.

Sound - tarugas hda patcher. You know how to get a codec dump?

Sure do, I'm assuming I just have to drag it into the Taruga patch thing, and the Taruga thread is tooo long to read, so I'll try and see what happens, then troubleshoot ;p

For the wireless: I have installed the apps but they don't seem to "run" when I click them. I'll post on the thread for help.

Still no ICH9/ICH9R AHCI support, so for me is useless :(

I really don't understand why AHCI support is not in, after so many releases...it is on others but not on iATKOS..

My guess is that they are working on diferent features. Seems to be a good thing to me, more diversified distros so you can pick whichever one works best for you. Maybe later on efforts can be made to "merge" the features that each team has done exceptionally well at.

Still no ICH9/ICH9R AHCI support, so for me is useless :(

I really don't understand why AHCI support is not in, after so many releases...it is on others but not on iATKOS..

Hrm.. It should be.. Is this for booting the dvd, or post install?

Sure do, I'm assuming I just have to drag it into the Taruga patch thing, and the Taruga thread is tooo long to read, so I'll try and see what happens, then troubleshoot ;p

For the wireless: I have installed the apps but they don't seem to "run" when I click them. I'll post on the thread for help.

My guess is that they are working on diferent features. Seems to be a good thing to me, more diversified distros so you can pick whichever one works best for you. Maybe later on efforts can be made to "merge" the features that each team has done exceptionally well at.

The wifi stuff is far from finished at the moment.. But it's getting a good distance.. :)

Anyway - my main aim will be to provide a slim release, but with lots of hardware support. I'll be testing it on as much as I can... :-)

EqUaTe

Quick question since I am not able to find it anywhere else.

I recently saw a README kind of thing here on the forums that had the boot parameters, but can't find it anymore.

I could swear -S or -s would make leopard boot into console mode (no GUI). but when I type it, it brings me to the GUI (not safe mode) :-/ So what is it? Anyone care to enlighten me ^^

Quick question since I am not able to find it anywhere else.

I recently saw a README kind of thing here on the forums that had the boot parameters, but can't find it anymore.

I could swear -S or -s would make leopard boot into console mode (no GUI). but when I type it, it brings me to the GUI (not safe mode) :-/ So what is it? Anyone care to enlighten me ^^

-v == verbose

-x == safe mode

-f == rebuild mkext

-s == single user mode

cpus=1 == use single cpu/core

platform=ACPI

platform=X86PC

If you type just -s at the bootloader (after pressing a key so you can use options), you should get to single user mode.

Works fine for me and everyone else I know.

hey guys.

working on creating my 2nd hackintosh. p4 2.6 dell dimension 2400. anyway, I had 10.4.8 running on it, and i would like to get leopard on it. i am having problems patching the iatkos iso. im not too proficient with Terminal. If someone gets the chance, could you maybe post a little more detailed instructions on how to patch the iso.

thanks for the help

-d

EqUaTe Please can you do a patch for me I have and ICH8D0 chipset, i get that information from cpu-z my chipset Vendor ID is 8086 and DEVICE ID is 2820 i can't boot any MAC OS X DVD that so far been created on earth on it. everyone does not work my chipset is not an ICH8R but and ICH8D0 and above are the Device ID and Vendor ID

Please even if u can add it so a kext for me to put on my USB installatio nthat i havedome on a friend's Laptop .

Please

thanks

ronnsprocket: the readme in the zip has step by step instructions...

iullius: hrm.. Do you have a linux install at all? And it happens with ich9 in ahci mode?