XBMC on OS X! Leopard and Intel Only.

Torell

62 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Release 0.4.5 is out now

* NEW: High quality software upscaling is now supported. You can specify preferences in Video -> Player as to when the scaling is enabled and what scaling algorithm is used. This makes a huge difference when viewing SD content. It takes quite a bit of processing power, but the good news is that decoding SD content doesn’t.

* NEW: Monitor blanking is now supported. When selecting a full-screen mode, you have the option of telling XBMC to blank the other monitors. The preference is in Appearance -> Screen. I suspect Martin will be happy that he can stop throwing a sweater over his iMac, which sounded like a total fire hazard to me.

* NEW: The built-in web server now works. Among other things, it serves as an alternate remote control for those of you using a laptop as an expensive remote. Make sure to set a port above 1024.

* NEW: You can now store your own skins in the /Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin directory, to avoid having to move aside and reinstall skins every time you upgrade. Thanks to d4rk for coding this up!

* FIX: A crash when reading WMA files.

* FIX: The OS X mouse cursor sometimes made an unwelcome appearance in full-screen mode.

* FIX: Settings that made no sense for OS X have been removed to reduce confusion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an Update and to bump this to the top again

Release 0.5.0 beta 2 (http://www.osxbmc.com/)

NOTE NOTE NOTE: You MUST delete your Keymap.xml file, and probably should delete your entire Application Support/XBMC folder before upgrading.

i'll combine the beta 1 features unless people go to the site to look

NEW: Apple Remote support.

NEW: Universal Remote support.

NEW: XBox360 controller support.

NEW: SSA Subtitles.

NEW: Sleep displays and computer.

NEW/FIX: Unified upscaling, fixed problems with interlacing.

NEW: Skip to next/previous chapter in DVDs.

beta 2 fixes a whole bunch of bugs that i'm not going to list here

the second apple updates the mac minis, i'm buying one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
when start xbmc after the opening sound I obtain a grey window... help me

Have you figured this out. It has just started happening with me as well. The only thing I have changed is that now I have installed audio drivers (applehda).

• 1 year later...
when start xbmc after the opening sound I obtain a grey window... help me

Have you figured this out. It has just started happening with me as well. The only thing I have changed is that now I have installed audio drivers (applehda).

Make sure you have no DVD in the drive or DMG mounted...I have a DVD video in the drive and it kept locking until I removed it

• 3 weeks later...