AppleIntelPIIXATA kext fully working for all ICHx Mobo (All Sata Channels working)

-DuNe-

418 posts in this topic

Hi Dune,

Your kext works great to get all SATA ports working, but my IDE drive no longer shows up. I have a P35-DS3L mobo, and the address for the IDE drive is 0x2368197b.

I tried sticking the address along with others including the ICH9 entries and others, but it didn't work. I am using Kext Helper to install the kexts, and I deleted Extensions.mkext everytime... Still doesn't work.

Please help! I used to get the PATA drive to work with AppleVIAATA.kext

Thanks!!

Hi Dune,

Your kext works great to get all SATA ports working, but my IDE drive no longer shows up. I have a P35-DS3L mobo, and the address for the IDE drive is 0x2368197b.

I tried sticking the address along with others including the ICH9 entries and others, but it didn't work. I am using Kext Helper to install the kexts, and I deleted Extensions.mkext everytime... Still doesn't work.

Please help! I used to get the PATA drive to work with AppleVIAATA.kext

Thanks!!

0x2368197b is the signature for jmicron controller, did you set it up in bios to ide ?

Yes, this driver will recognise all 4 sata ports, you have to use Enhanced Ide mode.

you will have no more kernel panics with it. :hysterical:

Don't forget to remove the buggy AppleViaAATA kext.

i read this on the first page of this topic...

so i want to ask you is AppleViaAATA.kext preinstalled...???or only those will have to remove who have installed it...???

if its preinstalled..plz tell me how to remove it..???

thnx.. :rolleyes:

I am using GA-P35-DS3P (ICH9R) and 3 SATA HDD and one SATA DVD-RW in AHCI mode with 8Gbyte RAM.

Everytime when heavy memory load is applied to Leopard 10.5.2 by Kalyway, I have kernel panic!!!

In the BIOS, extra SATA port by Jmicron is disabled, so there is no reason for JmicronATA.kext is cause of this kernel panic.

Is new IOATAFamily.kext (by DuNe) is helpful to me?

Or Do I have to try to find another solution?

I'm not sure as i did not make the kext... but if you're running on ich7R and AHCI mode, this kext should be useless, but you can try.

I also use ICH7R on my gigabyte g33m-ds2r mb and i never had any of those kernel panics when using AHCI, but maybe the difference is that i have only 4go of ram.

I once tried to use a IOATAFamily.kext (from podarok and allsop) in which they just added alternate ids to make it work, and i only got my first two sata channels working when disabling AHCI (they do work in AHCI mode, but booting time increases a lot with AHCI on because of the AHCI bios initialisation). Do you think using this could make the 6 sata ports woking in ide mode and avoid the kernel panics i got with the kalyway? I know i have to try but as ichxR are not supposed to work, i'm just asking before breaking my system :(

I am using GA-P35-DS3P (ICH9R) and 3 SATA HDD and one SATA DVD-RW in AHCI mode with 8Gbyte RAM.

Everytime when heavy memory load is applied to Leopard 10.5.2 , I have kernel panic!!!

In the BIOS, extra SATA port by Jmicron is disabled, so there is no reason for JmicronATA.kext is cause of this kernel panic.

Is new IOATAFamily.kext (by DuNe) is helpful to me?

Or Do I have to try to find another solution?

Do you think using this could make the 6 sata ports woking in ide mode and avoid the kernel panics i got with the kalyway? I know i have to try but as ichxR are not supposed to work, i'm just asking before breaking my system :wacko:
Yes, it will work, and i never said that it doesn't work with IchxR. i do not know when you read that !!!!I only said that the IChxR has AHCI and in this mode all channels are seen.But this fix works perfectly with ICHxR in IDE mode. I used an ICH9R board for making it.....
Hi. sorry i'm still pretty new to this, but if i install this kext does it mean osx will start detecting my ide hard drives? its not now, can only see my sata drives. im running a marvell controller.
This fix is for ICHx® Sata controllers not for Marvell. If your board's got also ICHx Sata controller( I know that badaxe boards got ICHx and marvell for exemple) it will work but only for ICHx side.
Everytime when heavy memory load is applied to Leopard 10.5.2 by Kalyway, I have kernel panic!!!In the BIOS, extra SATA port by Jmicron is disabled, so there is no reason for JmicronATA.kext is cause of this kernel panic.Is new IOATAFamily.kext (by DuNe) is helpful to me? Or Do I have to try to find another solution?
Are you sure your memory is OK ? did you try a memtest on it. I heard that for some memory model you have to increase voltage for stability.Furthermore if you use AppleViaAta it is why you have kernel panic.Anyway, you can use my kext , it is kernel panic free...and way way better than the AppleViaAta

Greeeeaaaaaatttttttt!!! i'll try this tonight and post results! Thanks for your great work!

Yes, it will work, and i never said that it doesn't work with IchxR. i do not know when you read that !!!!I only said that the IChxR has AHCI and in this mode all channels are seen.But this fix works perfectly with ICHxR in IDE mode. I used an ICH9R board for making it.....This fix is for ICHx® Sata controllers not for Marvell. If your board's got also ICHx Sata controller( I know that badaxe boards got ICHx and marvell for exemple) it will work but only for ICHx side.Are you sure your memory is OK ? did you try a memtest on it. I heard that for some memory model you have to increase voltage for stability.Furthermore if you use AppleViaAta it is why you have kernel panic.Anyway, you can use my kext , it is kernel panic free...and way way better than the AppleViaAta

THIS IS WORKING PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy i finally works without kernel panics or partial sata channels recognition, thanks for your good work and your little tuto.

Tu viens de faire un heureux!!!

Hi all,

i tried this driver on a P5K-SE, on an existing drive with kalyway installed, removing the original kext, but the system hangs after "Got boot device" like with the kalyway.

On the bios i've set sata as enhanced and compatible but no way; i'm even unable to go ahead with the kalyway dvd it just hangs, i have a sata dvd.

Cheers

Hi all,

i tried this driver on a P5K-SE, on an existing drive with kalyway installed, removing the original kext, but the system hangs after "Got boot device" like with the kalyway.

On the bios i've set sata as enhanced and compatible but no way; i'm even unable to go ahead with the kalyway dvd it just hangs, i have a sata dvd.

Cheers

This kext works perfectly with P5K-SE and Kalyway distro (i use myself Kalyway , i am part of the team). So i do not know what you did wrong in your install.

The fact that you cannot even boot your dvd show certainly that some settings in your bios are not correctly set: ACPI 2.0, disble max cpu id, etc etc

Hi, dune, your kext works perfectly for the disks, but after a long time of usage, i'm loosing all the usb ports that were in use (mouse and keyboard). Did someone noticed that before? i did not get that with ahci enabled...

This kext works perfectly with P5K-SE and Kalyway distro (i use myself Kalyway , i am part of the team). So i do not know what you did wrong in your install.

The fact that you cannot even boot your dvd show certainly that some settings in your bios are not correctly set: ACPI 2.0, disble max cpu id, etc etc

Hi DuNe,

thank you for your prompt reply, it are days that i'm trying over tons of kexts and bios settings; so let me show you my config so maybe you can give me some help.

The problem is that both, an hard disk with kalyway installed and the kalyway CD hang after saying BSD Root: /dev/disk0s2

I installed kalyway on that hard disk with vanilla kernel only; from a GA-P35-DS3P and was working nicely, but it broken, waiting for RMA; i also tried your updated ioata kext.

cheers,

Deffie.

Motherboard: P5K-SE

Processor: E8400

Ram: 2/4gb (Tried both)

DVD/HDD: both SATA, HDD on port 1

Bios settings:

Sata configuration: Enhanced

Configure SATA as IDE

USB Configuration:

USB Functions: Enabled

USB 2.0 Controller: Enabled

Bios EHCI Hand-Off: Disabled (tried both)

Port 64/60: Disabled

Legacy USB: Disabled (tried both)

CPU Configuration:

CPU Ratio Setting: AUTO

C1E Support: Enabled

Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled

Vanderpool Technology: Enabled

CPU TM function: Enabled

Execute disable bit: Enabled

Intel SpeedStep: Disabled

North Bridge Chipset Configuration:

Memory Remap Feature: Disabled

Initiate Graphic Adapter: PEG/PCI

PEG Port Control: AUTO

PEG Port Force x1: Disabled

Onboard Device Configuration:

High Definition Audio: Enabled

Front Panel Type: AC97

Marvell IDE Controller: Disabled

Onboard PCIE GbE LAN: Enabled

LAN Option ROM: Disabled

Serial Port 1 Address: Disabled

Plug and play O/S: NO

Power:

Suspend Mode: S3 Only

Report Video on S3 Resume: Disabled

ACPI Version: Enabled

ACPI Apic: Enabled

APM: all Disabled

Boot:

Quick boot: Disabled

Full Screen Logo: Disabled

AddOn ROM Display Mode: Force BIOS

Bootup Num-Lock: On

Wait for F1 if Error: Enabled

Hit DEL Message Display: Enabled

Interrupt 19 Capture: Disabled.

The problem is that both, an hard disk with kalyway installed and the kalyway CD hang after saying BSD Root: /dev/disk0s2I installed kalyway on that hard disk with vanilla kernel only; from a GA-P35-DS3P and was working nicely, but it broken, waiting for RMA; i also tried your updated ioata kext.cheers,Deffie.
Your memory remap feature should be enable for handle 64 bits (if you are using 4Gb).The others settings seems good. i still do not understand why you have boot problems.But it doesn't come from my kext because the kalyway dvd is handled by appleviaata.So you seem having the same problem with the both kext
Hi, dune, your kext works perfectly for the disks, but after a long time of usage, i'm loosing all the usb ports that were in use (mouse and keyboard). Did someone noticed that before? i did not get that with ahci enabled...
?????never had such problems here. Sometime there is problem with usb after a sleep/wake but in no case due to this fix.

Hey dune, have a p5k here

the 2 red ports work fine for both my leopard disk and vista disk

my 2 black ports are where it's kind of weird, system profiler lists that it find my sata DVD drive but when I boot up my leopard drive and get to desktop, it says it couldnt mount my 3rd HD that's on the 2nd black sata port, (it asks to ignore, initialize, etc...) I usually press ignore since I don't want to accidentally wipe the HD

Any thoughts?

Have tried this kext with

Kallyway 10.5.2 (comboupdate + vanilla update)

mobo P5B

2 HDD's - 500Gb each formated to RAID0 on ICH8R controller (NTFS)

Leo installed on 20Gb IDE HDD on JMicron (Mac Journaled)

------------------------------

The thing is that it doesn't see RAID0 =( Is it possible to make kext which understand RAID0?

?????never had such problems here. Sometime there is problem with usb after a sleep/wake but in no case due to this fix.

It's strange, it happened twice and now it doesn't anymore... anyway, i don't care, since it's working :(

lol!

Like that noise that your car makes, but when you take it in to service it stops!

Everything else works so good on my Hackintosh that I am hesitant to change anything. I have 2.2TB of HD and all drives are recognized. The only problem is the KP under heavy load with over 3 GB of ram.

Even with 3GB of ram, the Hack box blows my iMac away in performance. Sleep, shutdown, restart, time machine... it all works perfect.

I have a GA-P35C-DS3R mobo and I am using an IDE DVD and I have a 400GB IDE HD in there for time machine. WIll I have to replace the IDE drives with these kexts?

I'm not sure, but other users seem to report kp if they use ide, but depending on the controller the problems seem to comme if it's jmicron. Anyway, if you use ahci you should get everything to work properly will the amount of ram you want on this board.