• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

Sp0oner

Sp0oner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Cheers for the reply. I fixed it :) I was on 10.6.3 and did the update to 10.6.4 and that didn't fix it either. However I then did the rest of the updates which included the airport update and after it did this and rebooted my wireless network was detected and it's been working fine since :D

So it was either one of the kexts I downloaded from other links or the kext mentioned above plus the airport update that gets it working :cool: I now have a fully working 311c 1101SA with bluetooth, ion graphics etc :o

visarr-mac

visarr-mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi for All. I have installed Mac os x 10.6.3 iATKOS , all right worked perfect but network can't work. I have Atheros L2.

Maikrio

Maikrio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

hi for All. I have installed Mac os x 10.6.3 iATKOS , all right worked perfect but network can't work. I have Atheros L2.

Chrck this out as they have got the Atheros AR9285 working
http://osx86.co/f5/a...4431/page3.html

datifasulli3

datifasulli3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I'm becoming crazy with an Atheros AR5007EG (168c:001c) on an Acer 5720z, with 10.6.5.

I've tried almost everything (AtherosFix.kext, LegacyAtheros.kext, AtherosAR5007EG.pkg, etc.) but none of these worked.
Basically, I get "unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13" and the card is not initialized.

I seem to get less "HAL status 13" errors if I turn the Acer 5720z off, instead of just rebooting, but the card never worked.

Is there a solution for this wireless card?

Regards
Enrico

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Hi,

I'm becoming crazy with an Atheros AR5007EG (168c:001c) on an Acer 5720z, with 10.6.5.

I've tried almost everything (AtherosFix.kext, LegacyAtheros.kext, AtherosAR5007EG.pkg, etc.) but none of these worked.
Basically, I get "unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13" and the card is not initialized.

I seem to get less "HAL status 13" errors if I turn the Acer 5720z off, instead of just rebooting, but the card never worked.

Is there a solution for this wireless card?

Regards
Enrico

i just rebranded to IBM device id and subvendor 1014:058a like codingrobot on my card and i got lucky.
it was originally id 001c A/B/G WLL4080 AR5BXB6 Fujitsu now it thinks its IBM which used to work in 10.5.6 OOB then 10.5.8 is missing but still works if added to the plist.
in 10.6.5 snow it works in atheros21 kext

tanner

tanner

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
How about the atheros 9287 driver can it be ported somehow (assuming that's how other drivers originated to osx86)

R4ME

R4ME

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
i've also expierenced what you are going through as well...

I get a kernel panic whenever I have my Atheros 5008 PCI wireless card in either PCI 1 or 2 and the computer freezes up...

If I take it out it works smooth as ice

I'm very sure someone can figure this out... please..

I have taken a lot of pictures of different panics with an HD camera...

http://jefrotone.imgur.com/all/

If you need anything else let me know ;)

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com
deleting the 32 bit atheros kext helped me.

With Atheros21.kext only i got no kp's.

andre_cl

andre_cl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm testing lion but the atheros ar9285 is not recognized, I'm trying to 10.6.5 beta version but not works and failed the Ethernet connection...

Any ideas?

jumpin666

jumpin666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Anyone know a kext for AR2524 wlan usb card?

TheEdge24

TheEdge24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Acer Aspire 5920 which I have installed iDeneb 10.5.8 on. My Wireless card is a Atheros 5008 card. OSX recogize it but when i try to connetc to a wireless network it wont connect... :S what can I do for it to work???

Update: I found out that it connects to WEP networks but NOT WPA/WPA2. How do I fix this?

jasphair

jasphair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 on my Alienware M11X R1. Is there any reason you can think of why my AR8132 is detected, connected, given an IP/subnet/gateway/DNS, but still unable to get out to the Internet, ping other machines on my LAN, ping its own gateway, or be pinged by other machines?

I'm running the atherosl1cethernet.kext. I haven't touched anything else (e.g. IO80211family). My DW1510 wireless card works great, it's just the AR8132 NIC that doesn't.

I created another thread here:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=257734

Thanks for any insight you can give!

nahue

nahue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running a Snow Leopard 10.6.5 with the Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 working perfectly! and i have a SMC wifi card, the model is SMCWPCI-G2 and i think it has a Atheros AR2417 chip.

Someone knows how the get this card working??? its the only thing that i cant get it to work...

thanks in advance!

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

How about the atheros 9287 driver can it be ported somehow (assuming that's how other drivers originated to osx86)

This one works for mine http://www.kexts.com...r5b97_wifi.html and you do not have to use the kernel they suggest works for me on Lion and Snow

Attached Files

Dragon Master

Dragon Master

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

How about Atheros AR5007? The workaround with Kismac is really getting annoying :) it works but not all the time. Just in case anyone is looking the Linksys WUSB600N works fantastic!!! PM me I have the drivers would be happy to get them to you

Does WUSB600N work natively with Snow Leopard or does it require a utility? And, if so, what version of Snow Leopard are you using it with?

spy 1

spy 1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Installed a Atheros AR5009 in 10.6.3 and it is working fine after I put in ip manually. Only problem is airport is not detecting that it is connected it still has the ! mark. Anyone know what I can do ?

Edit: nevermind airport is working now

bci24sg22

bci24sg22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Anyone has the kext for the Atheros AR5001 ??? ;)

Pagamim

Pagamim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i have an accer extensa 5635g with atheros lan card (AR8131) and i cant get the lan to work, i tryed so many kexts from so many places and none worked i always get this message at boot (see attachment)

can someone help me?

thanks in advance.

LinuxLoonie

LinuxLoonie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i recently installed 10.6 snoleo on my HP AMD Athlon with an Atheros WLAN card, when I look for the wireless devices my wlan card doesnt show up, it just shows the eth1 or whatever. and not even my ethernet works. where can I download the wireless driver(s) which are mentioned in this post? please help..

Shunnabunich

Shunnabunich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Does it count as thread necro if it's a sticky? :P

I've got a D-Link DWL-G520 rev.B3, which I think uses the AR5213 chipset. My machine's running 10.6.8 and 10.7.2, neither of which seem to support the card. The last version I remember using which natively supported it (right out of the box, which surprised me) was 10.6.0, and I had managed to finagle that support into 10.6.7 over time. I held off updating to 10.6.8 for a long time, but eventually I did, lured by the promise of wireless iPad syncing. Well, of course, my Snow Leopard install is now without any supported networking hardware, just like Lion.

I made various edits to Info.plists, and downloaded one of the kexts from kexts.com which was purported to work, but now it's to the point where 10.6.8 won't even finish booting. Not a huge deal, I figure — I've got a Lion install humming along, so I'll just use it from now on.

Right now, I'm getting my wi-fi connection by way of an old Mac mini hooked up over Firewire to my Hackintosh here. The downside of that is that the Firewire connection is the only network device that shows up in System Preferences anymore, meaning that I can't authorize my iTunes account, use any apps I bought from the Mac App Store, or sync wirelessly with my iPad.

What I know so far is that Chameleon does seem to notice the card and (what I assume is) my mobo's built-in ethernet controller in some capacity when it's booting OS X, judging from the following lines from bdmesg's output:

LAN Controller [10ec:8136] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Setting up lan keys
LAN Controller [168c:0013] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1e,0x0)/Pci(0x4,0x0)
Setting up lan keys

Also, the EthernetBuiltIn option is enabled in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I can provide said plist, bdmesg's full output, or whatever other information is needed. Help a poor guy out? :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy