Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

hi, i'm italian users. I installa iaktos v7 but i have only one problem, wireless card atheros ar5007 which don't work. i have tride any guide that i have found in this forum but nothing. Can you halp me?

I have a Compaq presario c737el, don't work only this card......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hey all,

I wonder if there is any chance to get Atheros Chip-Based Cards to work, since there is a new version of Orangewares universal-driver (3.2)

I cannot load it, it says something like 31com_orangeware_iokit_OMI_80211g is not copatible bla bla bla..

Btw: I get the same error, when trying to load 10.4.4 Network Drivers in 10.4.3 (Broadcom for example).

Max

Have you found a fix yet, mate? Thanks

I have followed this:Snow Leopard 2 PC and also this Tutorial: Osx86 Snow Leopard 10A261 via PCIEFI9 but mainly the first site as it is for 10A380 and now updated for 10A394.

I have deleted OSInstall.mpkg and replaced with attached one (it is for 10A380).

I have used a usb stick of 8 GB to restore snow leopard install dvd so I have not made a new partition. I have also used an external USB HDD with leopard 10.5.7 installed from which I have installed snow leopard to my laptop hdd.

Try and see how it works for you. ask if you have any troubles maybe I can help.

This worked for Aspire 5735Z but it didn't work for Compaq c754 (it remains stacked at boot). I'll try with that new kernel for 10A394 and mybe it'll also work for compaq.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello to everyone. I have Acer Aspire 5570z with Atheros wifi 168c:001a and Mac OS X 10.6.4.

Under 10.5.x, 10.6 and 10.6.1 this card works fine, but after update to 10.6.2 and after to 10.6.4 card not working and no kext in System_Profiler. With some kext's it show in System_Profiler that kext work and it show in system, but it can't create or find wireless networks.

Someone have ideas?

Hi to all, if it is any help to you Kexts.com has released a Artheros kext that works for the AR9285 and some others as well, I have Snow 10.6.4 and the AR9285 on my HP Compaq Presario CQ61, working 100%

I just thought it might help all of those who has the same WiFi :):dev::D :D

• 1 month later...

hey guys! I have a TPLink TL-WN551G, 168c:001a on a dual boot Win 7/OSX 10.5.7 install, after replacing the ven and device IDs in the kernel extension and rebooting it showed up and worked fine as Airport; after the next restart however boot hangs at the desktop, sometimes before and sometimes right after the cursor appears on the blue screen; I've tried several other modified .kexts and it always happens unless I physically remove the card from the machine it will not boot. works fine in Win 7, but sucks cause now every time I want to use my mac I have to remove it...

any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an Aspire One Pro 531h which has Atheros Wired and Wireless network cards.

I installed iatkOs5 and got lots of stuff working including sound, but no network.

Now I've moved on to try iAtkOs S3 V2. This one at first glance seems great. The screen resolution works out of the box, as does the trackpad. I had to install an Atom or ipooz kernel to stop it auto-rebooting though.

However, no sound and not even any sign of a network.

I tweaked a PCI-1 setting in the install and now I see the both Ethernet cards in the PCI Cards section of System Profiler.

However, they say "No Driver Installed". I've looked all over these and other forums but most of the answers seem to be talking about older versions of MacOs. This one comes up at 10.6.3

In the Ethernet Cards section of System Profiler I have nothing, just details in the PCI Cards section.

Audio has says its got an output device of Speakers(CD) whatever that means, but nothings coming out of the speakers.

If anyone has ANY suggestions about what to try next, please let me know. Of course, I installed this thing just so I can write code in xCode for the iPhone which should work, but it would be very nice to have any kind of network and sound. ;-) As for other bells and whistles I don't care.

Thanks !!

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a loss with this. I've got a Compaq Mini 311c 1101SA and have installed Snow Leopard (10.6.3) fine using iATKOS S3v2. Everything is working apart from the wireless card which is an Atheros AR9285 with devid of 168c 002b.

Some on here and other places on the web i've seen saying they have got it working. I have tried the kext mentioned above from kexts.com and also other kexts i've downloaded where i've entered the devid etc. However it still doesn't work.

The card is recognised as an airport card however it just doesn't find any networks when you scan.

Can anyone who has this card working please give step by step instructions on how you got it working?

Cheers for the reply. I fixed it :) I was on 10.6.3 and did the update to 10.6.4 and that didn't fix it either. However I then did the rest of the updates which included the airport update and after it did this and rebooted my wireless network was detected and it's been working fine since :D

So it was either one of the kexts I downloaded from other links or the kext mentioned above plus the airport update that gets it working :cool: I now have a fully working 311c 1101SA with bluetooth, ion graphics etc :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm becoming crazy with an Atheros AR5007EG (168c:001c) on an Acer 5720z, with 10.6.5.

I've tried almost everything (AtherosFix.kext, LegacyAtheros.kext, AtherosAR5007EG.pkg, etc.) but none of these worked.

Basically, I get "unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13" and the card is not initialized.

I seem to get less "HAL status 13" errors if I turn the Acer 5720z off, instead of just rebooting, but the card never worked.

Is there a solution for this wireless card?

Regards

Enrico

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I'm becoming crazy with an Atheros AR5007EG (168c:001c) on an Acer 5720z, with 10.6.5.

I've tried almost everything (AtherosFix.kext, LegacyAtheros.kext, AtherosAR5007EG.pkg, etc.) but none of these worked.

Basically, I get "unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13" and the card is not initialized.

I seem to get less "HAL status 13" errors if I turn the Acer 5720z off, instead of just rebooting, but the card never worked.

Is there a solution for this wireless card?

Regards

Enrico

i just rebranded to IBM device id and subvendor 1014:058a like codingrobot on my card and i got lucky.

it was originally id 001c A/B/G WLL4080 AR5BXB6 Fujitsu now it thinks its IBM which used to work in 10.5.6 OOB then 10.5.8 is missing but still works if added to the plist.

in 10.6.5 snow it works in atheros21 kext

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i've also expierenced what you are going through as well...

I get a kernel panic whenever I have my Atheros 5008 PCI wireless card in either PCI 1 or 2 and the computer freezes up...

If I take it out it works smooth as ice

I'm very sure someone can figure this out... please..

I have taken a lot of pictures of different panics with an HD camera...

http://jefrotone.imgur.com/all/

If you need anything else let me know ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...