Atheros Network Drivers

TheMaxx32000

381 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an AR5006EG 802.11 b/g Wireless PCI Express Adapter, Dev-ID: 168c:001c

That Dev-ID is in the 64Bit-Driver already, so I didn't do anything to it.

But it shows up (And showed up before) as a Ethernet-Card.

No Airport-Icon, I can't figure out why. The drivers are loaded on boot, but they get unloaded, as they are not needed, because no suitable device found, I guess.

Any Idea?

post-506897-1256593818_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

For me (P5K mobo + Atheros PCI card ) airport is 100% ok in 64 and 32 bits with the netkas fix :

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/AtherosFix.kext.zip

Install in /E/E/ et add your chipset vendor Id in /Extra/Extensions/AtherosFix.kext/Contents/Info.plist

ie: mine is 168c,1a

<dict>
			 <key>Atheros i386</key>
			 <dict>
					 <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
					 <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros</string>
					 <key>IOClass</key>
					 <string>AirPort_AthrFusion</string>
					 <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
					 <string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
					 <key>IONameMatch</key>
					 <array>
							 <string>pci168c,1a</string>
							 <string>pci168c,13</string>
					 </array>
					 <key>IOProbeScore</key>
					 <integer>65000</integer>
					 <key>IOProviderClass</key>
					 <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
			 </dict>
			 <key>Atheros x86_64</key>
			 <dict>
					 <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21</string>
					 <key>IOClass</key>
					 <string>AirPort_AthrFusion21</string>
					 <key>IONameMatch</key>
					 <array>
					 </array>
					 <key>IOProbeScore</key>
					 <integer>60000</integer>
			 </dict>
	 </dict>

ok

Hi all,

For me (P5K mobo + Atheros PCI card ) airport is 100% ok in 64 and 32 bits with the netkas fix :

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/AtherosFix.kext.zip

Install in /E/E/ et add your chipset vendor Id in /Extra/Extensions/AtherosFix.kext/Contents/Info.plist

ie: mine is 168c,1a

<dict>
			  <key>Atheros i386</key>
			  <dict>
					  <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros</string>
					  <key>IOClass</key>
					  <string>AirPort_AthrFusion</string>
					  <key>IONameMatch</key>
					  <array>
					  </array>
					  <key>IOProbeScore</key>
					  <integer>65000</integer>
			  </dict>
			  <key>Atheros x86_64</key>
			  <dict>
					  <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21</string>
					  <key>IOClass</key>
					  <string>AirPort_AthrFusion21</string>
					  <key>IONameMatch</key>
					  <array>
					  </array>
					  <key>IOProbeScore</key>
					  <integer>60000</integer>
			  </dict>
	  </dict>

ok so I have found the Extra/extensions (I did not think about "hidden" files) I have played around with it I guess what I need to know is from about this mac /more info/airport card it says "wireless card type AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x137A) my windows device ID PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_137A103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_137A103C

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_0200

so I guess my question is what should I add to the plist? I am not as experienced as most of you guys any help would be very nice :)

Ok..I have AR5006X. With or without AtherosFix.kext (placed in Extra\Extensions). With Leopard, Chunnan kexts + old IO80211Network.Kext makes the card working.

But with snow leopard, neither with that works. The error is HAL Status 13.

Has someone experienced it? Any help? :thumbsup_anim:

Yes

does /Extra/Extensions require any special permissions?

How did you find it as hidden files, wouldn't all files be listed on the terminal to root user?

I have created a /Extra/Extensions and added my pci168c,14 to the list of strings, but still I get nothing after boot.

In System Configuration it shows an Airport set to 'Off' and hitting 'Turn Airport On' does nothing.

I'm not sure which card this is, it's Atheros a/b/g and it works seemless in all Windows, Linux and 10.6 and 10.6.1, I have never editted and Info.plst for it previously, but after the update it just doesn't get any mention at all during boot.

Why would they remove common Atheros support? Is it just not in the kernel somehow?

anyone can help me?

i've an ethernet Atheros 8132 of Dell Inspiron 11z and iDeneb 10.5.8...

how can i to install it?

Drive

+1

acer d250 snowleo 10.6.2 Atheros 8132 do not work (

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How about Atheros AR5007? The workaround with Kismac is really getting annoying :thumbsdown_anim: it works but not all the time. Just in case anyone is looking the Linksys WUSB600N works fantastic!!! PM me I have the drivers would be happy to get them to you

I am running a MacBook Air, OSX 10.5.8, Kismac 0.2.99, with the WUSB600N V2 USB adapter. Outside of Kismac everything works great, but when I choose the RT2750 driver and hit start scan, I get an error "KisMAC was able to load the driver backend for USB RT2570 device, but it was unable to create an interface. Make sure your capture device is properly plugged in. If you think everything is correct, you can try to restart your computer. Maybe your console.log and system.log show more details."

It sounded like you had the WUSB600N working under Kismac, any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

my tp link tl-wn651g pci card is working in sl 64 using the AtherosFix.kext on a vanilla install on a p5q pro with all updates, one hard drive with win 7 and snow.

I couldn't connect when i just had leo installed on the drive so i installed win 7 64 on the spare partition and after settingup and exiting windows, i booted into the snow partition and now i had wifi. installed all the software updates and rebooted. lost the wifi again. booted back into win 7, took a bit before the wifi connected, exited and rebooted in to snow again and had wifi again. it will only work if i boot into win 7 first and the card gets initialized then connects every time and decent speed.

post-260525-1263502526_thumb.png

Updates.tiff

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody! I'm searching for kexts for wifi adapter Atheros, inside my NoName-notebook eMachines E510 (i buy it specially for hackintosh).

About the model of adapter... Windows says its Atheros 5005 (sorry, i dont remember all letters), Ubuntu detected 5001/2 inside, google says its 5007EG.

On the bottom of notebook i found chipset model - AR5BXB63.

Device/Vendor IDs: 168c:001c.

I'm tried everything - doesnt working :P Somebody using this hardware?

Thanks a lot! Waiting for answer...

P.S. Sorry for my English, im a russian ;)

Hey I have a Netgear wirelss usb adaptor. When I looked up the chipset it said Atheros. I have been looking on this forum over the past 2 days trying to solve problems without asking for help. I cannot solve what to do to get wirless to work. I assume I need to trick the mac into thinking this usb adaptor is a airport wirless mac adaptor. I read somewhere to load IO80211 family, will this work with my adaptor. I have been using the Iatkos V7 disc so far and updating drivers from that. I have since downloaded osx86 tools but not tried that. Would really appreciate some help.

@dougievipond

Getting this to work is tricky and not 100% you would be better off with linksys WUSB600N I have been struggling to make Atheros work for months and as I said it works but not all the time the IO80211Family.kext is what you need and try the Atherosfix.kext google and you will find them and good luck !

I try everythings i reach to a death end! My wireles card is TP-LINK TL-wn851n chipset atheros AR922x and dev id is

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_2091168C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_2091168C

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&CC_0280

i try to put dev id 168c,0029 in IO80211Family.kext atheros kext in leopard 10.5.6 and S/L 10.6.2 with atherosfix.kext with no luck! in system profiler is no pci card. Maybe i think! i dont put the corect id in info plist atheros kext.

Any advice!

Thanks

Hi Everybody

I recently have installed snow leopard universal 10.6.2 on my laptop

It detects my wireless card as an airport and request security key for WPA2 personal.

Connection quality is excellent and antenna sign is full.

Although I can enter to router setting by entering 192.168.1.1 in browser, no net connection is available!!

There is no problem in Win 7 and wireless internet is perfect.

I checked proxy setting and then I tried to disable firewall but no internet connection.

Even with open security setting no net is available.

Why?

My wireless AP is D-link 2640U and wireless card on my laptop is AR5B91