HDD 5. SATA 250GB

GPU: NVidia 6800 GT

RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) Corsair XMS

Tried installing both Zephyroth's AMD and also Kalyways 10.5.2 Intel/AMD

Got the exact same error:

-AppleNForce ATA: phy connection failed"

-Found 0 units of harddrive connection

-Still waiting for root device

Did you make sure to install the chipset drivers, if you dont youll get stuck on the root device hanging, if you have an internal nvidia card integrated on the mobo then choose the nForce chipset drivers

• 2 weeks later...

Using LEO4ALLv3.iso checked MD5:ok

Hardware

EPOX 9NPA ULTRA

CK-804 SATA-IDE chipset

AMD 64 3200 CPU

Nforce LAN (disabled)

ALC850X onboard sound card (disabled)

120 GB MAXTOR IDE HDD (Cable Select) Master

16X IDE DVD-ROM DRIVE ASUS (Cable Select) Slave

80 IDE CABLE on IDE0

A4tech USB keyboard

GASER A4tech USB mouse

7800 GTX 256 MB BFG

--- Note: I was getting still waiting for root device untill I put them on IDE 0 -both cable select as jumper settings //Before install and after install

Altough I was using -x -f -s -v and making modifications---

Installed Using:

-MBR (disk0) / 2 partitions labled as osxdisk1(disk0s1) osxbackup (disk0s2)

-kernel: 9.2.0 default kernel for AMD

-chipset: Old Nforce chipset

-VGA: Latest NV inject 256 (Nvidia kext for 6/7/8... Series does not work for me)

-ACPI: old acpi drivers (not stock)

-Firewire: default (didnt remove kexts)

-LAN: NOT WORKING (both forcedeth and V forcedeth does not work)

-SOUND: NOT WORKING (tried many)

2x 200 GB SEAGATE ST3200xxxx SATA Drives does work after installing with old nforce chipset kext ....

I have trouble setting display settings (resolution low:1024x768) and actual driver for 7800 GTX

No sound - Dont even boot into OS when I open onboard chip from bios...

No LAN - when I load forcedeth on the fly usb ports stop working...

Except these its booting pretty fast and its working....

That is how I have pulled it off, pursue this if your hardware matches. Use nv inject if you cannot boot into OS.

Any advice are welcome for my problems as I shared what I have done

Nick name: TheCult (btw sorry for using temp account I just was too lazy and too excited to wait)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant even get past language select because my keyboard and mouse turn off right when i get to the apple logo before install.

I have a Razer Tarantula keyboard and Razer Death Adder mouse. Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Not working in My PC

Always getting reboot when i try to booting. It seems was kernel problem.

Zephyroth 10.5.2.

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-MA78-S2H

Memory : 2x2GB (Corsair CM2X2048) --> I already try use memory only 1x2GB (But not help) :)

Processor : AMD Phenom 9550

HDD : 160 SATA Samsung. + 320 WD Sata. (AHCI Mode) --> I already try in IDE Native mode. (doesn't work too)

It always reboot when i'm trying to load kernel installation.

Any body can help?

I have an ASUS M2A-VM MB, with the AMD 690G chipset. This includes the ATI SB600 southbridge. I have an IDE HD and an IDE DVD-ROM drive (no SATA devices installed). I'm trying to install Zephyroth' Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI-Rev2 release and getting the "Still waiting for root device" problem. I've HD=master/DVD-ROM=slave.

Help me please....

I need some help. I'm very new to the mac scene as far as installing on a pc.

I successfully installed Zephyroth 10.5.2. For some reason the nvidia drivers were making me get a please reboot screen so I installed without selecting any drivers(i had selected the 10.52 kext? and the 512mb option). Airport suprisingly works(no drivers selected during install). I chose the first sse3 kernel, the efi mbr bootloader, ac97 driver, nforce drivers, and the network lan drivers at install.

When I boot the resolution is 1024x768. I would like to know how I can get it to 1680x1050. Also how QE/CI, I'm guessing I need the nvidia drivers to support those? How can I install these without reinstalling the os.

Lastly, are there any guides as far as what you can and cannot do without messing up the OS? Such as what updates are ok through software update...

Thank you all for the help.

PC: Custom: AMD x2 4600+, 4GB DDR400

Graphics: nVidia 7600GT 256MB (22" LCD DVI out and 19" LCD vga out) CI/QE Working

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-VM

Sound: Working with Azalia Driver from http://www.weiphone.com/attachment.php?aid...mp;t=1219990615

Sata: 36gb 10k Raptor, 300GB WD

Optical: Lite-On IDE DVD-ROM

Network: PCI RTL8389D Dynex Brand

Using Zeph 10.5.2 Rev 1

Selected nForce Chipset, all Audio, all LAN, NVinject and 256MB Ktext, also ToH 9.2.0 SSE3 kernel, neither MBR nor GUID

Problems:

Onboard LAN doesn't work, selected both drivers bundled with

Zeph rev 1

External USB storage devices not detected, but USB keyboard

and mouse are (USB RF wireless Logitech set)

Installed to 18GB partition on 36GB Raptor, Vista still

installed on 16GB partition (first partition), MBR not

installed, have to let the install DVD boot OSX from the

partition

Questions:

Any thoughts on why my 250GB and 1TB external drives won't

show up in OSX?
I installed a 4 port usb card and it works fine.

How can I manually install the EFI boot loader?
I am going to image my Vista partition and move it to another drive, then reinstall OSX by itself on the primary drive and sort out the bootloader then.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to inject ATI SB600 southbridge drivers to the Install DVD to see the hard drive on install, then reinstall the drivers after OSX setup.

SATA ports configured as AHCI in bios and HPET also disabled in bios.

How did you inject the SB600 driver onto the install cd? I need to do the same thing as I have an ide HD and the same mobo.

Zeph 10.5.2 Rev 2

PC: athlon64 x2 5600

Graphics: xfx gforce 8400

Mobo: asus m2n e sli

Sound: working

Extra items selected during install: kernel, graphics, chipset, dual boot

Overall/Summary:

Setup went ok, and leo works just fine. HOWEVER, I CAN'T BOOT TO WINDOWS XP ANYMORE.

Startup disk doesn't show my xp drive. Can anyone help me out this ? I really need both systems working. Thank you.

Zeph 10.5.2 Rev 2

PC: athlon64 x2 5600

Graphics: xfx gforce 8400

Mobo: asus m2n e sli

Sound: working

Extra items selected during install: kernel, graphics, chipset, dual boot

Overall/Summary:

Setup went ok, and leo works just fine. HOWEVER, I CAN'T BOOT TO WINDOWS XP ANYMORE.

Startup disk doesn't show my xp drive. Can anyone help me out this ? I really need both systems working. Thank you.

Check bios boot settings. If you installed XP and OSx into same hd (different partitions) that has been covered somewhere before (cant remember where), if they are on different HDs then that is .. odd...

-T

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some people where comenting about zephyroths and some of you said that your system had a x62 processore that is a 60 bit processore zephyroths only supports 32 bit processores that is where all of you are running into your problems. Zephrtohs all ready stated that his OS will on be for a 32 bit amd machines only "NO INTEL PROCESSORES" This version is ony for amd so don't even try to install it because it will fail.

Firstly - super job Zeph man. I hope the world repays you for the wonderful information you have shared.

MEDIA: Zephyroth 10.5.2 rev 2 for AMD.

PC: Custom AMD s939 x2 3800

Graphics: Nvidia GF 7200GS

Mobo: DFI Ultra-D (NF4 Ultra based)

Disk: SATA

DVD: SATA

Sound: Yes - needed teh ac97 install option

BIOS Settings: Optimized defaults.

Extra items selected during install:

Toh 9.2 kernel

Graphics needed the 10.5.2 nvidia kexts + the NVInject 128MB

Mobo needed the nforce chipset driver, and the forcedeth and skge lan drivers

Sound needed the AC97 driver.

Repartitioned for every reinstall. GUID partition table, Single partition, HFS+ format.

Overall/Summary:

Working with some minor inconveniences - As per everyone else, my installer crashes just before ending, at the FixGUID package. The box will not boot from HDD, though leave the DVD in at boot time, and allow the DVD bootloader to timeout, and it boots the kernel on the HDD just fine. Haven't spent too much time researching why this happens, but if anyone has a definite solution, plz let me know [sOLVED - See edit below!].

Sound working, 3D acceleration and higher resolutions also working.

Can mount smb shares now, courtesy of this code snippet.

sudo rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

EDIT....

I have finally solved my booting problem. Someone in the forums posted a file here called bootefi.zip

I partitioned and formatted USB Flash Drive with FAT/MBR, and gave it a volume name of USBKEY.

I extracted and copied the entire bootefi folder to the USB Drive.

and made a note of the Volume name of my HD (Macintosh HD).

I booted with the Zeph DVD and stopped at the install screen.

I launched a terminal window from teh menu and entered the following lines:-

ls /Volumes.

Initially, my USB Flash drive wasn't mounted, despite booting with it inserted. I removed and reinserted it, and again did an ls /Volumes, and it appeared. Then:

cd /Volumes/USBKEY/bootefi

./bootefi.sh "Macintosh HD"

It prompted me for confirmation, and for boot record type (I selected GUID).

I ran through a pageful of text including unmounting and remounting Macintosh HD, and concluded with a reboot command (which didn't seem to take effect).

I initiated a reboot, removed the DVD and USB Flash, and to my surprise - A SUCCESSFUL BOOT WITHOUT DVD!

This is truly awesome. Thankyou again to Zeph, and all those who have contributed to this project. I hope this record of my experiences are helpful to others out there.

EDIT 2: That bootefi.zip file is here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=21746

• 4 weeks later...

SUCCESS at last :)

Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4, AMD 790X, DDR2

AMD Phenom 9985 X4

Crucial DDR2 PC8500 4096MB CL7

Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 1GB OC Zalman

I initially had some issues with getting past 'still waiting for root device', tried everything in the book of hackintosh - almost gave up once again... I then read about setting the DVD-ROM as primary MASTER instead of SLAVE... voila! SUCCESS is a fact...

Its working perfectly, though when i run the OSX Updates it breaks the install, i guess you're not supposed to do that since it boots and says.. unnamed cpu type or something like that. reinstall and no updates :)

NOTE: i used NO extra settings when installing, i did however upgrade to bios version F5 to get my memory modules working properly in ganged mode at 1066mhz, dimms in same color...

I do however need a new GFX card it seems since its not supported... kinda blows but ill get around that too.

My sincere respect to all involved in making this come true - great job!

Ps. Network worked straight up, didnt try the sound but ill do that tonight. Ds.

Custom PC: AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2 Ghz

Mobo: Foxconn nf4uk8aa

Video: NVidia GEforce 9800 GT

250 GB SATA HDD

Pioneer SATA dvd-rom

Hi All,

this is my first install of osx86 and I can't seem to be able to get it to work. I have worked on it all weekend with no success. For a long time I kept running into the "waiting for root device" error. I have created a new primary partition of the af type. I have set it as active when trying to boot. When I type in the boot command of rd=disk0s2 (disk =0, partition =2) it goes to the apple logo screen and then it gives me the error of "you need to restart your computer". I took a screen shot of the kernel panic that I'm getting after typing in the above command for reference.

post-373490-1234163221_thumb.jpeg

I really want to get this to work. I tried for a really long time to figure out how to switch my sata to ahci mode, but it doesn't seem to be an option in my bios (phoenix). Please someone help me out. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Best AMD DVD out...right next to tub_girls 10.4.10! Everything on my system worked with all the kexts..full support and all with first install.

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: GM5072

Processor Name: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Processor Speed: 2.22 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 512 KB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 200 MHz

Boot ROM Version: Hack.88Z.int.0sh.061193037 (Phoenix Technologies, LTD)

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0392

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.0

Displays:

SyncMaster: