Aperture 2 hackintosh

rayman121985

23 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

In my cas is problem, I can install aperture2, but when I starting it is error message: graphic card problem, this what I read my card can be not suported: nvidia 7600GS (AGP), any ide how to fix this to make Aperture2 to work? PS CS3 Extended works very well for example.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have Kalyway 10.5.1, and when i try to install the Aperture 2 it says : "Only for 10.5.2 version"

It only works with the update ? Because i have tried to update my kalyway and it ends in a error, and i have reinstalled all the mac osx system.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to comment on hardware purchases for an iLife 08 / Aperture system? I see a lot of people reporting mixed results. I am considering gutting my P4 and building it out Core2 Duo. I would like the most vanilla capable hardware possible for future simplicity with OS updates and such. I'm also wondering if any of the dual Xeon MB's are working since the Mac Pro's are dual Xeon.

edit: never mind on the Xeon question... clearly it's not cost effective.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new here and have some questions about aperture.

I am running 10.5.3 perfect on a;

asus P5K premium

Q6600 @ 3400 Mhz

4x2 Gb GEIL @ 800 Mhz

asus EN8600GT 512 Mb

But, aperture is not running, i get the message that my graphic card does not fit the requirements.

I am running nvinject V.41

anyone have a solution for this?

• 5 weeks later...

My specs are listed below... I installed aperture 2.0 and was running it fine. I then hooked up my second hard drive and installed windows xp, when I booted back into OSX i started to notice that things looked a little weird, some of the stuff in dashboard looked grainy, and I had less screensaver options. When I tried to start Aperture, I got a message saying my video card was not supported. I tried re-running the NVInject installer, but no dice. Any help?

edit: I also used the combo updater to update to 10.5.3... that may have caused this as well

Gigabyte X48 DS4 Motherboard

XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB Graphics

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz

4GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz RAM

2 X Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HD

Samsung 20X SATA DVD Burner

Seasonic S12 550 Watt PSU

Operating System: OSX 10.5.2 Kalyway

My specs are listed below... I installed aperture 2.0 and was running it fine. I then hooked up my second hard drive and installed windows xp, when I booted back into OSX i started to notice that things looked a little weird, some of the stuff in dashboard looked grainy, and I had less screensaver options. When I tried to start Aperture, I got a message saying my video card was not supported. I tried re-running the NVInject installer, but no dice. Any help?

edit: I also used the combo updater to update to 10.5.3... that may have caused this as well

Gigabyte X48 DS4 Motherboard

XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB Graphics

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66Ghz

4GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz RAM

2 X Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HD

Samsung 20X SATA DVD Burner

Seasonic S12 550 Watt PSU

Operating System: OSX 10.5.2 Kalyway

Not sure if this can help, but it won't hurt to move all Intel GMA and Intel Frame Buffer kexts as well as ATI's to a different folder and reboot again.

It help from crashing with PNY GeForce 7900GS

Not sure if this can help, but it won't hurt to move all Intel GMA and Intel Frame Buffer kexts as well as ATI's to a different folder and reboot again.

It help from crashing with PNY GeForce 7900GS

apparently, it was more of a problem with the 8800GT which has a lot of issues... I think I basically have it fixed by using EFIStudio and this topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry813478

still not perfect, but basically Quartz Extreme and Core Image were no longer supported after I updated to 10.5.3, and then when I reinstalled 10.5.2 things were still goin screwy- refer to the link for a better explanation than I can give.

• 3 weeks later...