SSE2 - 10.5.2 successful update w/ kernel and graphics fix

tonymacx86

48 posts in this topic

ok I tried to update the mach_kernel when I reboot.I put the Mach_kernel in my root and tried to update and it is giving me errors on not finding directory.

Any ideas

Ex: cp _R /mach_toh /mach_kernel after this it says no such directory.

Thks

try without -R as it is nit a directory...

cp /mach_toh /mach_kernel

Hi,

In iATKOS 1.0ir2(kernel 9.1.0) all work ok (USB Memory, LAN, etc) my problems are:

1. After update combo, Ethernet(says "The cable is unplugged") and USB Memory not works...

2. When I try update kernel to 9.2.0 (repair permisions, system.kext, etc...) is OK but go to System Profile-->Software and always show Darwin 9.1.0. The new kernel is not update. :thumbsdown_anim:

My System:

Intel PIV Prescott 3.0GHz

MotherBoard Gigabyte GA-8I865G775-G

1GB RAM

NVIDIA MX4000 128MB

Ethernet on Board Marvel Yukon 88E8001

iATKOS 1.0ir2

Kalyway comboupdate 10.5.2

Last netkas kernel 9.2.0 published on irc

¿Please any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Jose

Below is a package with the 9.2.0 universal kernel and the stock 10.5.2 system kext. That should fix the slow bootup after updating to 10.5.2 using kalyaway's 10.5.2 combo update. It keeps a backup of your current kernel and system.kext in case it fails. It's been tested to work with the kalyway release and brazilmac install--10.5 to 10.5.2 and 10.5.1 to 10.5.2. It says noEFI but should work for EFI install's too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?suegrdh049j

Cheers,

--

macaroo

Thanks macaroo, worked perfectly!!

I just install kalyway 10.5.1 on my new system.

I use Pentium D 3.2ghz dual core and m/b GA-945GCMX-S2C.

I update to 10.5.2 using kalyway combo update and successfully running. I haven't update the kernel but it seems everything is running. The built-in intel 950 works fine, with QE & CI working. I can change resolution from Display at System Preference.

My question is: do I need the leopard graphic update? And if I don't use the graphic update, can I still use netkas 9.2 kernel? Do I need to replace System.kext and AppleSMBios.kext after replacing the kernel?

I can shutdown my pc w/o problems.

leoparduq6.jpg

i have iATKOS v.1.0ir2

updated to 10.5.2 by kaly

used netkas universal kernel + system.kext

almost all of my applications wont run

like iTunes, Quicktime, etc.

it went slow after installing graphics update

Below is a package with the 9.2.0 universal kernel and the stock 10.5.2 system kext. That should fix the slow bootup after updating to 10.5.2 using kalyaway's 10.5.2 combo update. It keeps a backup of your current kernel and system.kext in case it fails. It's been tested to work with the kalyway release and brazilmac install--10.5 to 10.5.2 and 10.5.1 to 10.5.2. It says noEFI but should work for EFI install's too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?suegrdh049j

Cheers,

--

macaroo

Thanks Macaroo! This worked for me too! (=

Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Single Core LGA 775

ECS 915P-A Motherboard

512MB DDR2 533Mhz

256MB 128Bit Palit 7300GT Sonic PCI-E

80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive

Anyone has tried with TOH leopard 10.5.0 ?

Is it working for SS2 won the LEO TOH, please can you post your step if possible?

thanks

Yes, I have. On my system, I installed ToH 10.5, downloaded and installed the 10.5.1 update using pre- and post-updater scripts, and updated that to 10.5.2 using Kalyway's combo update and by replacing the 9.0.0 mach_kernel with netkas' 9.2.0 mach_kernel.

So far, works like a champ!

thanks exholt, I will try it, can you give the exact procedure? I have same problem with my ATI x600 mobility * CI software no QE, I hope someone helps us to find a solution, I tried everything Natit, Laptop kext, Koverg and nothing only I get resolotion using Katana.thanksThanks Macaroo! This worked for me too! but on 10.5.0 !!

No, just the generic 9.2.0 vanilla System.kext I believe, because the kalyway combo updater doesn't update the kernel and system.kext (the kernel and system.kext are virtually tied together). Thats what the kernels package does.

OK succes LEO toh 10.5.0 updated ! on intel centrino SS2 no EFI !!!

folow these steps

install Leo toh 10.5.0

then install macaroo package http://www.mediafire.com/?suegrdh049j

repair permission

restart.

install kaliway combo update 10.5.2 no change ,exactly as the pachage ask to do,

restart and wait

install graphics update leo 10.5.2

repair permission

everything works as charm!!!!

if someone has solution for QE CI on ATI x600 mobility ID 5462 please , suggestions are welcome !

• 2 weeks later...

OK! I'm trying to follow... I just install a fresh iAtkos 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 with Kalyway Combo Update... the System Profiler shows me a Darwin 9.1.0 Kernel version and fix AppleIntel8255x.kext to make Ethernet work properly (the audio is not working yet)... I need to know what to do to upgrade the kernel and install the graphics update. I'll really appreciate your help ;)

OK! I'm trying to follow... I just install a fresh iAtkos 10.5.1 then update to 10.5.2 with Kalyway Combo Update... the System Profiler shows me a Darwin 9.1.0 Kernel version and fix AppleIntel8255x.kext to make Ethernet work properly (the audio is not working yet)... I need to know what to do to upgrade the kernel and install the graphics update. I'll really appreciate your help :rolleyes:

nothing to do , you have only to install the macarro package I posted the link,

install it before upgrade to kalyway 10.5.2.

the kalyway update dont install the critical kext of your system especially system.kext. please install following the instructions no special procedure, but if you want keep the kernel 9.1 as you informed no problem, if everythin is working , there is no difference!

nothing to do , you have only to install the macarro package I posted the link,

install it before upgrade to kalyway 10.5.2.

the kalyway update dont install the critical kext of your system especially system.kext. please install following the instructions no special procedure, but if you want keep the kernel 9.1 as you informed no problem, if everythin is working , there is no difference!

Thanks for your answer!

I have already installed the Kalyway upgrade to 10.5.2 and everything is working right now (audio also...). I even can install the MacarroPackage above?

What I really look for is the Apple Graphics update ;)

Cheers!

Thanks for your answer!

I have already installed the Kalyway upgrade to 10.5.2 and everything is working right now (audio also...). I even can install the MacarroPackage above?

What I really look for is the Apple Graphics update ;)

Cheers!

Yes I think you can do it, no problem, install macarro pachage and then repair permission, restart (no shutdown) and install graphics update,

have fun bye

Thanks for your answer!

What I really look for is the Apple Graphics update :)

Cheers!

Hey Probo, macaroo's patch worked great for me. I already had the Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo update installed but didn't update the Kenel to Darwin 9.2.

Installed macaroo's patch AFTER I already had Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update (Didn't replace Kernel at that time) installed and it worked perfectly! Now I have the Darwin 9.2.0 Kernel isntalled.

Thanks macaroo!

Dell 700m Laptop (PentiumM Centrino - SSE2)

Kalyway 10.5.1 Install

Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update

macaroo patch for Darwin 9.2.0 Kenel

• 1 month later...