Fully working 10.5.2 AppleSMBIOS and Source finally available!

mac.nub

150 posts in this topic

@penarol - Great, glad to hear it :)

@00Diabolic - Interesting - thanks, seems I was looking in completely the wrong place! Haha - I'll PM Superhai and see if he can lend me a hand with that part :lol: - If so, user settable FSB will be in the next version.

@Redliner - Haha, weird. I'll see if I can allow the user to set the FSB in the next version.

@pablovbas - np :)

Dense just notified me that the Source zip file was corrupted for Rev. 6 (thanks!) - It has now been fixed :(.

Edit: I've finally worked out how to set the FSB speed (thanks to Superhai!) - If you need one with a fixed FSB, email me via my site.

~mac.nub

Cheers,

just my two cent:

Thx for that great release mac.nub!! I really appreciate your hard work!!! This is the first release, recognizing the correct (overclocked) CPU speed und ram size (3120MB <- as of no memory remapping), that´s really amazing!!!

The ugly thing is: trying to add SerialNumber and Bootrom Version to my .plist as in your doc

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>MemSpeed=667 MemType=DDR2 SerialNum=W55111APPL3</string>

causes me to loose my EFI graphics string :lol:

Someone ever heard or experienced sth. like that???

Does these kernel params work with Vanilla Kernel?

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>MemSpeed=800 MemType=DDR2 SerialNum=W55111APPL3</string>

In System Profiler i get Speed Unknown with both Vanilla and Kabyl Kernels. Is that normal?

Hi mac.nub. I downloaded and installed it. I seem the system is a little faster then before, hope to not be a placebo effect. But the model identifier remains the name of my motherboard. I introduced that recommended stuff into my com.apple.Boot.plist and the Rom serial number was updated.

Please see my picture. Where was I wrong?

post-1427-1209461396_thumb.jpg

With Revision 6, "About This Mac" is now crashing.

This is on an AMD system with 9.2.2 (both kernel / System.kext). It appears that loginwindow.app doesn't like the processor name, "AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+". If the processor name is set to "Unknown", then it works fine.

I'd rather have it say Unknown than crash and log me out, so I guess I'll take a look at the source code and see if there is an option to do that. Is there a user option to set the CPU ID?

Thanks and great work on this revision, it's awesome!

Dense just notified me that the Source zip file was corrupted for Rev. 6 (thanks!) - It has now been fixed :lol:.

Edit: I've finally worked out how to set the FSB speed (thanks to Superhai!) - If you need one with a fixed FSB, email me via my site.

~mac.nub

Mac.nub are you going to release locked FSB's soon? I have been using superhai and it works but there maybe a correlation between SMBIOS and my fans. I would like to get a SMBIOS from you with a locked 800mhz FSB and locked as a macbook pro. Currently I have a macpro and its believed to be the issue with fans. Get back to me and let me know if you can help with that?

THANKS for all your work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi...

can anyone pointing me on how to install AppleSMBios and make it work?

thanx all!

Download the the .kext version you want now it most probably went into your home Downloads directory so open your main OSX partition in finder click on your User_Name in the left of the window. Then double click on the Downloads folder do the same again on the zipped .kext to have it uncompressed. Look at the left pane again go there to click on the Applications folder scroll down until you can double click on the Utilities folder again scroll down until you can double click on the Terminal application when it opens put in this series of commands.

sudo -s

Type in the password you set for your account then hit the enter key.

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext.backup
  cp -R ~/Downloads/AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions/
  chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext
  chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext
  diskutil repairPermissions /
  rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Caches
  rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
  rm -r /System/Library/Caches

Now you reboot hitting the F8 when the OS starts when at the EFI boot menu that comes up do the hit any key it suggest and type in then hit the enter key -f to force the reload of all the .kext on the system if all went well then the new .kext you installed will be in use.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this version of AppleSMBIOS (rev 6), causes FireWire 800 ports not to work.

I just reinstalled using iATKOS 2 (10.5.2), and using the default AppleSMBIOS.kext allows the firewire 800 drives to mount, but when I installed this AppleSMBIOS it causes the drive to no longer mount.

Any work-around for this?

Looks like this version of AppleSMBIOS (rev 6), causes FireWire 800 ports not to work.

I just reinstalled using iATKOS 2 (10.5.2), and using the default AppleSMBIOS.kext allows the firewire 800 drives to mount, but when I installed this AppleSMBIOS it causes the drive to no longer mount.

Any work-around for this?

Try using the AppleSMBIOSEFI in the thread below this way it is not necessary to replace the Apple one.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...108606&st=0

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...