XXX 10.4.11 and GMA 900

mcnaughton00

1 post in this topic

Sorry for the double post

Hi all, i hope this is the thread to post this in but I have decided to try xxx 10.4.11 instead of kalyway 10.4.10.

Installed 8.9.1 universal kernal, with intel gma 900 driver and gma900 fix.

added the loginwindow kext.

Problem 1: the os begins to load but then goes to the blue screen with no cursor. I have read about the paper clip method and the fn hotkey to switch displays. Has their been any solutions to this other then the ones i stated. I have browsed through several post and can see that this is a common problem, but the posts are all really old, and still no solution

Problem 2: When using the paperclip method, the os loads, but my notebook lcd is a widescreen and the video only appears on half the screen.

I am assuming that the drivers in this image were the latest, i have tried various different methods but no go.

Would this GMA 900 problem happen with all versions of OSX86 or is it just with these newest.

Any info is greatly appreciated

Mattigus

my notebook info:

Centrino-m 1.6Ghz

1gb ram

Intel GMA 900

Intel chipset

(dont think you'll need any more of my info, if you do lemme know, thx)

** SO ive learned the paperclip method is the only way, so i can live without but how do i get my screen to be fullscreen, qe is enabled and supported but can only go up to 1024x768