ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

Mark123

Mark123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I guess its time to make my first post ;D

Computer: HP 6910p ATI x2300 device id: 0x7188
QE/CI was enabled just before I got my faulty motherboard replaced! 1280x800 was also working smoothly!

I've reinstalled and got back my resolution! (1280x800) however QE/CI is not active!

I'm pretty sure that I had vsbalints kext installed when everything was working.

This is what I've done:

* Reinstalled several times (new osx install)
* Tested all kexts in the thread
* Edited all kexts to device-id: 0x71881002

When everything was working well I had Chameleon 2.0 installed
(Anyone think that this could have anything to do with it?)

I'm currently running "iDeneb v1.3 (Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5)".

No panics, fast boot, 1280x800, sound working, wifi working, everything except QE/CI.
Just wanted to finish up by saying that this seams to be a great community! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!

Hello Mattay;
I have the same laptop but with no luck to change the resolution. Can you send me your driver to test it on my laptop?
Thanks

ЕВГЕНИЙ

ЕВГЕНИЙ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I finally got it working with my X2300 (CI/QE @ 1440x900). Here is a zip of the kexts I used:X2300Drivers(by Ice).zip (some may not be required but it works for me). Tested with iPC 10.5.6 and 10.5.8 on F5VL ASUS notebook mainboards.

YOU WILL FASTEN YOUR CHANGET KEXT,THOSE WHICH FOR YOU!!!!!!!! PLEASE))))

Musiquence

Musiquence

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all, first of all, thanks for the great support in this topic so far!

I have a 6910p, got the correct resolution, no tearing, artifacts or whatever, I just can't get QE enabled. Tried many kexts and adjusting them... no luck so far... most of them end up in a KP.

Other than that, my hackintosh freezes up when I unplug the power cord... any suggestions for that?

Rest is running fine: wifi, sound, keyboard/mouse, ... running iDeneb 10.5.8

Cheers!

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hi! How can I get working my damned ATI mobility 2400HD with internal monitor? :blowup:

petopay

petopay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
How come ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 doesnt work QE/CI?

ExMike

ExMike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I try this with Mobility X1450 on Leopard 10.5.7(iATKOS v7)...All time i get Kernel Panic..but me writing "Kext Success loaded"..and after this i get Kernel Panic :P

ExMike

ExMike

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I succes load kext with QE/Cl..but i have artifacts..mouse automaticle hiding..and after relase snows artifacts..how to fix this?
Problem in ATIRadeonX1000......

Monlam

Monlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

try this one with your X2300.

no attachement, sorry

thank you so much vsbalint,, i installed ur kext uring kext utility on Snow Leopard and added the lines two lines in com.apple.boot.plist and VOILA!! I got the resolution i wanted. But when I try to install FCP i get this
"Alert Final Cut Studio Installer recommends that your system have a Quartz Extreme capable video card. FCP installer recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0MB of VRAM"

Please help!!

My System Cofig: VAIO CR35, ATI Radeon X2300, using Snow Leopard downloaded from TPB /torrent/5269611

:| :D

[EDIT: i switched on my laptop today morning and it's all gone,, no resolution even. i tried wat i did before and still no good. i dont know what's going on. i'm going crazy]

Monlam

Monlam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The forum seems dead!! Isn't there anyone?? help !!! :) :D

System Profiler says this:

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x718a
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

tossaponp

tossaponp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The forum seems dead!! Isn't there anyone?? help !!! :) :D

System Profiler says this:

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x718a
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

2 Kexts already test on VAIO CR25, ATI Radeon X2300 (718A) on SL 10.6.3
You can switch resolution by SwitchResX.

Good Luck

Attached Files

korvin

korvin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Programming
Hi All,

any chance for HP 6910p with X2300 (x7188) to have QE/CI enabled ?

will_p

will_p

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
has anybody had any success with an ASUS F5VL with Ati Radeon X2300???

johnboogz

johnboogz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does the x2300 in the Asus A8JR work with Snow Leopard ?

Scripty

Scripty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
for ATI x2300 just copy the files attached by Ice1602 to System/Library/Extensions
you could use Kext Helper for .kext files

Elrom

Elrom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I finally got it working with my X2300 (CI/QE @ 1440x900). Here is a zip of the kexts I used:X2300Drivers(by Ice).zip (some may not be required but it works for me). Tested with iPC 10.5.6 and 10.5.8 on F5VL ASUS notebook mainboards.

Hello, where you got this package?

And how do you think - if my card is X2300 id:7188 can i change some info in your kexts to get my card worked?
What kexts do i need to change and where?

Thank you!

damis648

damis648

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I got the X2300 HD working at native resolution with QE/CI on a Gateway C-142XL on 10.6.5 with device ID 0x7211 with the following steps:

- Replaced 0x72101002 with 0x72111002 in ATIRadeonX1000.kext's Info.plist.
- Used 0xED to find and replace all instances of 1072 with 1172 in the Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000 binary(?). (And yeah, the fact that the first two and last two digits are flipped confused me at first.) It replaced four occurrences.

This fixed QE/CI, but the resolution was wrong, and I couldn't set it. Before this, I was just using RadeonHD.kext which got the correct resolution, but no QE/CI. I decided to try combining that with the newly modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and lo and behold, QE/CI at native resolution. The resolution is switchable via the prefpane, too.

I've attached the modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext and the RadeonHD.kext that I use. The RadeonHD.kext ought to work for any device id, if you modify your own ATIRadeonX1000.kext properly.

Attached Files

efimac

efimac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Anybody who made a device id 7188 works under Snow Leopard with QE/CI support? I tried all the info.plist editing using the 7188 id and hexedit the binary files but to no avail.

It looks like the Radeon kext does not support 7188 device id.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that somebody have something working with QE/CI

rgds

sawwal

sawwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Dear friends, could anyone make X2300 on Lion 10.7?

darles

darles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Dear friends, could anyone make X2300 on Lion 10.7?

I have my x1600 mobile enabled with RadeonHD (manual EDID injection) and native Lion kexts, but still no QE solution found.

BenGman

BenGman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

My Lion 2 installation (iAtKos L2) boots out of the box in 64 bit with 1024*768 so I tried the kexts posted here (my laptop is a Gateway E-295C Tablet PC with the same 0x7211 card)...

It boots, but just goes into a loop just before showing the desktop (the mouse works during this time). Have you tested these kexts with Lion?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: This is my first time installing kexts, this was my method:
  • Boot from iAtKoS L2 DVD
  • Access Terminal
  • cd /System/Library/Extensions
  • mv ATIRadeonX1000.kext ATIRadeonX1000.old
  • mv RadeonHD.kext RadeonHD.old
  • cp -R <download path> ATIRadeonX1000.kext
  • cp -R <download path> RadeonHD.kext
  • chmod -R 755 ATIRadeonX1000.kext
  • chown -R 0:0 ATIRadeonX1000.kext
  • chmod -R 755 RadeonHD.kext
  • chown -R 0:0 RadeonHD.kext
  • Restart, boot with -v only
Was this the correct procedure?

I got the X2300 HD working at native resolution with QE/CI on a Gateway C-142XL on 10.6.5 with device ID 0x7211 with the following steps:

- Replaced 0x72101002 with 0x72111002 in ATIRadeonX1000.kext's Info.plist.
- Used 0xED to find and replace all instances of 1072 with 1172 in the Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000 binary(?). (And yeah, the fact that the first two and last two digits are flipped confused me at first.) It replaced four occurrences.

This fixed QE/CI, but the resolution was wrong, and I couldn't set it. Before this, I was just using RadeonHD.kext which got the correct resolution, but no QE/CI. I decided to try combining that with the newly modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and lo and behold, QE/CI at native resolution. The resolution is switchable via the prefpane, too.

I've attached the modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext and the RadeonHD.kext that I use. The RadeonHD.kext ought to work for any device id, if you modify your own ATIRadeonX1000.kext properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy