Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Mysticus, when you can, please post a guide to 10.5.2 update. I've tried some kernels but I'm having some troubles.Thanks. :P

first please write a signature of your hardware profile, like on mine and some others... read bottom of all my posts... u will see it, go to control panel/edit signature...

i will write the guide dont worry, i am just testing some stuff on my system... and figuring out some issues related to network sharing, and freeze related to it... :) once i m done with what i m doing, i will write the guides one by one...

@vash please change your signature, about iatkos r3 by mysticus :D it s not me who did it, it s the whole team... just use iatkos r3 (r3 changed to dev1 later... but r3 is fine as well).. tx for the change :D

Warning: to everyone who has iatkos right now, please do not share it with a guy named Hamb0ne please! The guy needs to learn some manners first, people try to help him, all he does is swearing at them...

He swore at me 4-5 times and never apologized, after all I did was to help him or guide him.

MOD EDIT: POSTING OF COPYRIGHT APPLE MATERIAL REMOVED

thanks, works perfectly.. i love u

post-165691-1203289365_thumb.png

Hey Guys...I've updated to 10.5.2+Graphic Update aaaand: its alive :wacko::):D It was a bit tricky but in the End i've a very fast 10.5.2 System! :P Need help to Update? (in German and English) so PM me!

Many THX to Mysticus and all others! :)

But only a little Problem: I have no Sound (view my Post before for Infos) and on heavy Network Load the System freeze! (NIC: PCI 3COM Card) :/

EDIT: And the Wireless Card onBoard is not Working

When installt the iAtkos r3 iso i reach to this point and then everything just halts.

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce by medevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf000)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce by medevil (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf008)

does anyone have any idea whats happening.

Thx,

S

Another little issue:

when I resume the system from a screensaver I lost some key functionality:

F9 F10 F11 F12 doesn't work

command+tab & command+esc doesn't work

EDIT: If I log out - log in keys work again.

And I've not found a solution even for the USB issue. (previus post)

Any advice?

5 ;) If it just says "Still waiting for root device" it is your SATA HDD, is not recognized due to missing DEV ICE id or incompatibility as the SATA DVD drive. Fixing this involves two installations and some editing, no direct solution unless you inject edited nforceata driver to the DVD.

I had this exact issue. Out of habit, I then moved my SATA HDD to a different channel and the installer booted up fine, allowing me to install on the SATA drive.

May I suggest you recommend moving channels around?

with the waiting for root device problem during boot up. Get the newest medevil sata driver and put it on an external hdd. Boot up the install the kext and repair permissions and reboot. As for the usb devices: Replace the AppleHDIX kext with the old one, the kalyway combo updater replaces this i think. I'm having issues with kernel panics when i copy large files or install reason 2.0. Tried both pata and sata :P .

Oh and with the md5 checksum, I verified it with the iatkos ppf nforce iso however I dont have as many choices in the install. I don't have the nforce kernels or anything :o.

:rolleyes: i make some notes here and see if it helpful to make the tutorial more perfect ...

Speedstep: 9.2.0 netkas speedstep kernel with iatkos's speedstep installer.

Result: partially working, only cpu0 can be throttled, GUI work 2400mhz <-->1600mhz

Freezing:nvidia kext with 8800GT work great,

the network connections(wifi) cause freezing or kernel panics ... (Quad), but work with one core.

p.s. i'm using Quad now, but need to surf using parallels desktop (XP) // :)

PCEFI(v8): installed in the mbr partition,

stock appleacpiplatform.kext used

need to boot up with flag, -v -f :D

with the waiting for root device problem during boot up. Get the newest medevil sata driver and put it on an external hdd. Boot up the install the kext and repair permissions and reboot. As for the usb devices: Replace the AppleHDIX kext with the old one, the kalyway combo updater replaces this i think. I'm having issues with kernel panics when i copy large files or install reason 2.0. Tried both pata and sata :o . Oh and with the md5 checksum, I verified it with the iatkos ppf nforce iso however I dont have as many choices in the install. I don't have the nforce kernels or anything :o.
Grab yourself a kernel in irc chat, channel #Choasx86 (patched nforce kernel) or #channel 10.5 (universal one)

When installt the iAtkos r3 iso i reach to this point and then everything just halts.

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce by medevil (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xf000)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce by medevil (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xf008)

does anyone have any idea whats happening.

Thx,

S

i had the same problem. delete your partionen and make a new one.

guys i love you!! It is working :(

Go here for the (as official as it's going to be) release: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=88404

Thanks folks, and well done on the guide mysticus!

thanx for the heads up equate, the r3 = dev1 is going to be the last (as iatkos probably, can/may have a different name later :rolleyes: who knows...)from the team who made it available for nforces and with minor patches to bl process and bad bios issues related to msi products and some asus laptops... if u ve downloaded the r2 you can patch it using the one equate posted, and get more comptabile dvd, however like i said many times. it will not solve all nforce ata issues as there is no perfect nforce ata driver officially made available... only medevil's effort, and it works great for some, and not others... so just plug and pray :)

thanx equate...

thanx for the heads up equate, the r3 = dev1 is going to be the last (as iatkos probably, can/may have a different name later :( who knows...)from the team who made it available for nforces and with minor patches to bl process and bad bios issues related to msi products and some asus laptops... if u ve downloaded the r2 you can patch it using the one equate posted, and get more comptabile dvd, however like i said many times. it will not solve all nforce ata issues as there is no perfect nforce ata driver officially made available... only medevil's effort, and it works great for some, and not others... so just plug and pray :)

thanx equate...

Exactly.

Just to be clear, this is not even known as dev1 anymore.

The patch has been released as a bundle in my name, due to politics.

However the patch IS for iATKOS r2. MD5's and instructions are included.

If you have any questions, they should be in this thread, or the release thread.

NForce-specific questions should likely be here.

HELP....when i put my dvd for the atkos install, it comes up with os selection. I use the command -v, press enter. It goes thru about 4 loading lines and reboots. Does this everytime. I have evga 680i sli board, with intel core2 duo. Any thoughts.

Sounds like you installed the wrong kernel.

Was this using my patch?

Did you apply both ppfs or just the first? Always try with just the 1st!

The 2nd is ONLY for _SPECIAL CASES_.

Did you get to the installer, or is this when booting off the dvd?

HELP....when i put my dvd for the atkos install, it comes up with os selection. I use the command -v, press enter. It goes thru about 4 loading lines and reboots. Does this everytime. I have evga 680i sli board, with intel core2 duo. Any thoughts.

jkv write a signature of your hardware profile and please specify what version of iatkos are you using?

bcoz nforce kernel is only on the r3 right now... obviously you dont have the right version? or right patches applied!!!!

also sorry guys couldnt write the guides...since yesterday my isp is funny so cant log on more than 2-3 mins... only now i can use internet properly with a dns server other than my isp, bcoz dns server of my isp is not working nicely at the moment...

sorry, iam new to this.....how do you apply patches before you install the dvd. Yes, i sound like a noob, cause i am one.Equate, I did not get to the installer. It happens when booting off the dvd.Equate, I don't get to the installer. It happens when i boot to the DVD. So, how do i go about patches??? Yes, flame me..I am a noob

sorry, iam new to this.....how do you apply patches before you install the dvd. Yes, i sound like a noob, cause i am one.Equate, I did not get to the installer. It happens when booting off the dvd.Equate, I don't get to the installer. It happens when i boot to the DVD. So, how do i go about patches??? Yes, flame me..I am a noob

what versions of iatkos do you have? specif information first!

also write your hardware profile in your signature... like under almost everyones post you will see their h/w profiles...

Ill have to do the signature when i get home. I belive the atkos is version 1. I tried the kalyway install and i get half way thru the actual install and it comes back with can not validate essenstials package. Can't get past that. So i tried atkos and i just get the reboot with the dvd starts to load. Again, system specs are

2.8 Ghz intel core2 duo, 3 gb ddr2 ram, MSI 680i sli board (nforce), 160GB Maxtor IDE drive.

Ill have to do the signature when i get home. I belive the atkos is version 1. I tried the kalyway install and i get half way thru the actual install and it comes back with can not validate essenstials package. Can't get past that. So i tried atkos and i just get the reboot with the dvd starts to load. Again, system specs are

2.8 Ghz intel core2 duo, 3 gb ddr2 ram, MSI 680i sli board (nforce), 160GB Maxtor IDE drive.

check your pm and do the hardware profile please, otherwise you will keep talking about things we will not know anytg.... also when your describe a problem, please state what version of dvd you are using, what happened when happened kind of things are important and needed...

cant know everything by heart...

good luck...

I followed every step of the instruction and after the installation was complete, the computer restarted i get a black screen with white blinking cursor.

Iam using GUID 1 Partition (no dual-boot)

Please someone help me out.

Thank you

check your PM, your situation is using guid, and i think requires manual installation of bootloader, as blinking cursor indicates bootloader is not installed... for guids i think it s a known fact that you will need to install some stuffs manually again... i dunno why, but i read it somewhere...