My 99p Sound fix not including P+P

argonlazer

7 posts in this topic

Heya

After many failed attempts to get sound working on Hackintosh I was nearly about to give up when I had a thought.

"I know that there are those expensive 'External Firewire Sound Cards' in existence, but there must be a cheaper way mustn't there?"

After a quick eBay search it came up with this:

"USB 2.0 Music Audio Micphone Cable Adapter Sound PC/Mac"

s_pc_usb_audio_cable_02.jpg

So after splashing out and spending �3.98 inc. P+P on my soundless Hack I then waited 5 days.

5 days later....

My 'Music Fairy' arrived this morning and I was very eager to try it out, so after tearing it out the packaging, shoving it in the USB slot

and connecting the amplifier cable I am now listening to my D&B compilations (through song bird as most of my music is in wma) very loudly.

My Hack detected the adaptor instantly (as it should) and assigned it as my default audio device (well my only audio device :))

Screenshots:

hrh2sg.png

2nrk0tj.png

I know it's not the proper way to do things but when you've reached the end of your tether it's like the Holy grail.

Link to eBay listings:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...e=usb+mac+sound

Any questions you'd like to ask me about it feel free to post :)

I did see this usb thing on eBay. I guess it's a stupid question but does the mic work as well?

Since I have a Asrock, I'd be interested (to spend peanuts) not to switch to Windows just to use Skype.

I'm using my lcd speakers, so the sound is not great anyway, but is the output sound decent ?

Thanks for sharing your information, there are a lot of people still struggling to make sound output work.

Not a stupid question. But yes it works.

98g09l.png

The sound is fantastic. I have an amplifier and 4 Large 100W Speakers and the sound is very good quality :)

I understand how annoying it is not to have sound working but it's great to hear my music on my Hack for a change.

• 2 weeks later...
Not a stupid question. But yes it works.

The sound is fantastic. I have an amplifier and 4 Large 100W Speakers and the sound is very good quality :(

I understand how annoying it is not to have sound working but it's great to hear my music on my Hack for a change.

Can you give me the link to order one? I dont seem to find a saler in europe