[HowTo] Leopard 10.5.1 On ASUS A8N/A8N-SLI/A8N32-SLI/Deluxe motherboard installation guide

LohnenNicht

125 posts in this topic

I am trying this iatkos installation on an hp media center m7470n

AMD athalon x64 dual core

with radeon x1600 graphics card

and a realtek sound system and nic onboard

I was able to get tiger up and running with a few small tweaks, only thing i lacked was internet, important but everything else worked!

I went to go patch the iso and got a division by zero error when i go to open the patched iso. i used the file u linked above to patch but i am starting from a vista system so i used ppf-o-matic3

Any help with any of the quirks of this installation on the way would be sooo helpful! i managed to boot off of unpatched iso but duh it didnt work for an install it hangs on a blinking cursor etc cause its prolly intel supported only.

HELP ME!

(place the "patches" folder you extracted from the iAtkos-AMD.zip on your root directory "/".)

Can u plz tel me how to do this ? i have patched the dvd as u mentioned ...but Could'nt find the "Patches Folder" after booting from DVD and using this command (-f -v -s) and when i try to replace files like "system.kext" ..it says ...."No such directory" ....so wat i want to know is "how to place "PATCHES folder" on my root device ??

Sorry for my bad english ... i hope u will understand ...

Thanks in advance

I m using:

AMD 4200+ X2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR

ASUS-M2N PROFESSIONAL MOTHERBOARD

2 GB DDR 2

40 GB HD FOR LEOPARD

Guys any suggestions...Ok so i have similar setting as the AMD being tested but i think one big problem is that i have RAID harddrives... i got 2 each one 150gb and when i run JAS 10.4.8 installation the disk utility reads them seperate, and i have to format one of them to be able to install... but it didn't matter because everytime i tried to intall it wouldn't let me because of an error... !!! Does RAID matter for THIS type of installation?Sorry also... I have ati x1900 512MB graphics card... where can i get the device ID, do i need it?

hello, i have installed leopard on my IDE hard drive, my first issue is that (in the installation), disk utility only sees 128GB from my 200GB hard drive... but i still formatted as Master Boot Record with HFS+ Extended Journaled, and i installed leopard on that hard drive according to the instructions... when i reboot i get a "b0 Error" when i try to boot from the hard drive, when i set my vista drive as primary and try to do a dual-boot i get "chain0 error" and when i boot from the disk and wait for the timeout to expire to see if i can get to my hard drive, it seems that it accesses the disk and not the hard drive... so can you help me out to see what's wrong? when i open the hard drive with macdrive for windows i can see all the files, but i cant boot from the hard drive... any help is appreciated, thanks!

A8NSli Delux

Athlon xp 64 3000+

Seagate Sata 80Gb

Installation completed

but cannot boot into osx

T-T

1.Utility >Disk Utility

2.Choose drive > Partition >Option >Master Boot Record > Apply >Close Disk Utility

3.Customize > ToH kernel 9.2.0 >Additional Font >Language Transitions >Third Party Driver ALC883 >Chipset Drivers Nforce2/3/4/5 chipset driver >siliconimage3132 chipsetdriver >all Nvidia driver >all network driver >X11 >Bootloader >efi v8 mbr bootloader

A8NSli Delux

Athlon xp 64 3000+

Seagate Sata 80Gb

Installation completed

but cannot boot into osx

T-T

1.Utility >Disk Utility

2.Choose drive > Partition >Option >Master Boot Record > Apply >Close Disk Utility

3.Customize > ToH kernel 9.2.0 >Additional Font >Language Transitions >Third Party Driver ALC883 >Chipset Drivers Nforce2/3/4/5 chipset driver >siliconimage3132 chipsetdriver >all Nvidia driver >all network driver >X11 >Bootloader >efi v8 mbr bootloader

ZapGod,

Did you install to the nvidia based sata drives, or to the sis 31xx based sata drive? When I boot on my AMD athlon x2 4400+ which has 4 drives on the nvida sata (2 stripe, 1 mirror) and one on the sis 31xx chipset (opsys) I don't see the sis connected drive in the installer? Are there any patches to apply?

Xboson

System as follows:

Athlon 64 X2 @ 4400+

Asus A8n32 SLI Delux

ralink 2500 / 61 based wireless card

4 Gb Corsair mem

5 drives - (nvidia sata - 2*500G stripe, 2*500G mirror, Sis Sata - 1*80Gb)

Ide Ddvd rewriter

ZapGod,

Did you install to the nvidia based sata drives, or to the sis 31xx based sata drive? When I boot on my AMD athlon x2 4400+ which has 4 drives on the nvida sata (2 stripe, 1 mirror) and one on the sis 31xx chipset (opsys) I don't see the sis connected drive in the installer? Are there any patches to apply?

Xboson

System as follows:

Athlon 64 X2 @ 4400+

Asus A8n32 SLI Delux

4 Gb Corsair mem

Ide Ddvd rewriter

How to install/Patch Nvidia Sata Driver ?

How to install/Patch Nvidia Sata Driver ?

Kind of - I don't see the my sata drive attached to the Silicon Image 3132 Satalink controller after booting the install DVD. Is there a way to get this drive to show up in the installer? Should it show up? Do you have any drives plugged into the 3132 controller, or just the 4 nvidia sata ports?

Xboson

ZapGod,

Xboson

System as follows:

Athlon 64 X2 @ 4400+

Asus A8n32 SLI Delux

4 Gb Corsair mem

Ide Ddvd rewriter

Me and You Have got same A Problem.

i can't boot in mac osx when installation completed .

i'm so very confuse Why can not see HDD.

:):D:D:D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Maybe this os cannot install on Nvidia4 Sata

Hi guys! sorry for my terrible english and take warmest greeting from Russia!

I have some unpleasant problem..

MacOS X installer don't see my 2 SATAII hdd, I think it because of my nVidia Chipset n570 (it request SATA drivers? :huh: )

Can you help me?

Hello there, thanks for your article it looks very good, unfortunatly i haven't been able to get very far into it so far. I'll explain.

Firstly i'm using a system quite close to yours, i have

Mobo: Same as yours!

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3500+

Graphics: Nvidia 7900 GTX

Memory: 1.5Gig

My current set up is i have 2 hard drives and four partitions. I have my c: which has my Vista install on which is 78~GB i have my d: which is on hard drive two which is 500gb fat 32(used to be an external drive) i then have two more partitions on the first disk drive, my E: which is my media partition and is 51gb and finally my H: partition which is fat 32 which i have created to put mac onto, this is 20gb big.

I sorted out the system as above and i patched the dvd correctly and i burnt it to dvd. However i went to boot the dvd and i had no luck whatsoever, it just didn't detect it and loaded up vista as usual. I checked the dvd in vista and it couldn't find the dvd in the drive, so i took the dvd out of the drive and had a look to see if it's burnt and it definatly had as there where burn lines half way up the dvd, so maybe vista cannot see the dvd files.

So i'm not really sure what to do now, you made a not in your first post about the dvd not booting and about creating another partition to restore it too, however i didn't really understand what to do so i thought it best i ask. Thanks for your time and i hope someone can help!

Thanks ;)

does someone know how to restore image(iso) on empty partition using OS Windows(XPSP2)? thats the only problem i have... is it the same like DDing the image on a partition? cauz im trying to boot with windows bootloader using chain0 but results in "chain booting error".. drive type is AF

Thanks

ajkst1, this is for ASUS A8N series (A8N, A8N-SLI, A8N32-SLi + Deluxe boards). There are other guides for Gigabyte motherboards.

Hey LohnenNicht,

Where can I find the guide for the Gigabyte boards?

I have a Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4

AMD Athalon X2 5000

2 gb Crucial Extreme Ram

2 NVidia 8500gt's running in SLI.

if you can tell me where I can find the guide for this it would be very appreciated.

Thank You

Greg

Hi:

I'm having some problems setting up my system!

System Config:

Processor Brand AMD

ProcessorAMD Athlon 64 X 2

Processor Speed 1.9GHz

System Memory (RAM) 2GB DDR2

GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M (UMA)

Steps I followed:

1) Downloaded and Extracted iAtkos.1.0i.iso.zip

2) Downloaded and Extracted iATKOS-AMD.zip

3) Downloaded and Run ppf-o-matic3

4) Pathed iAtkos.1.0i.iso with iATKOS_v1.0i_AMD_Test.ppf

5) Burned it to a DVD

6) Boot my Laptop from the DVD

After it Boot:

1) Open Disk Utility

2) Format my 40GB USB HDD like follows:

Partition Map Scheme GUID Partition Table

Partition Name Leopard

Format Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

3) Exit Disk Utility and Selected the Leopard for installation

4) Customized as indicated

5) Installed

6) Reboot

After all that, I'm trying to boot me laptop from the USB HDD and it just shows the Cursor _, I've tried presing all keys, also tried F8, nothing seems to work.

What did I missed? What can I do?

Just tried all the same, but using Master Boot Record........

Same results!!!

PD.

Customization:

Remove thermal and powermanagement kexts

Select the Marvel Yukon package, and select ntfsg3 package

VGA - Nvidia - nvinject

Network - All

Hi there,

I got the Asus A8n-SLI and a x2 4200+ CPU, I used Kalyw 10.5.2 and it works fine, only problem I got is with the ATI 2600xt 256 MB video....does anyone of you A8N-xxxx users here have a fully running 2600xt with hardware acceleration? If so please tell me how you got the graphics card running, tried natit.kext but still no chance!

THX

hi guys hepl needed..!

i have a AMD setup...

athlon 3000+ (939socket)

1GB RAM

MSI RS480 M2IL (main board)

and 160 GB segeat HDD

i downloaded iATKOS v1.0i

and patched it for AMD using......... ppf-o-matic.exe

and burnt it on to dvd at slow speed of 8X

and when i booted i was happy to see the apple logo....

but that never changed....

am stuck with apple logo and circling lines which is the first screen ...i guess..

i waited for an hour to c if there will be any change ....no threr is no change at all

plzz any one help!!!

Hi, There

I have some problem when installed iATKOS v1.0i+Patch finished. After reboot my PC, I'd find message "Error Loading Operating System".

- I'd try to set active MBR by Partition Magic already but I still find above message. ;)

How do I?, please advice me. thank you.

PS,Because my English is very poor but I hope someone can understand it, :thumbsup_anim:

===================================================

- AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ Venice

- Mother Board : ASUS A8N SLI NVIDIA nForce4 , BIOS Revision 1014

- RAM 2 GB DDR

- VGA XFX nVidia GeForce 6600 PCI-eXpress 256 MB

- Hard drives:250 GB SATA

===================================================