[HowTo] Leopard 10.5.1 On ASUS A8N/A8N-SLI/A8N32-SLI/Deluxe motherboard installation guide

LohnenNicht

125 posts in this topic

I have one question. If I am following your directions and I want to put the efi folder onto a boot partition, what should the file system be for that boot partition? Does it not matter? Right now I think I'm going to format it Fat32.

Also, for the previous poster. I think what I am going to do is just transfer the files over using linux and then repair the permissions following his directions. You could replace the files using something called MacDrive on windows. It will allow you to read and write to HFS.

Alright, so I actually was able to add it to GRUB and i have gotten to the point where I need to start copying and replacing files and chmodding. Since I am kind of new at this, how would I go about copying the files from a thumb drive or something and then chmodding them? I think someone asked this a minute ago.

i just managed to install it at an usb drive at my notebook.

there it starts perfekt.

but when i plug it in my nforce pc darwin boot pops up and then it just restarts. when using -v it loads a lot thing and then restarts. what am i doin wrong?

at the notebook everything works

So I tried looking the stuff up, but I want to verify to make sure it is the right way. Would it be okay if I found my thumb drive mounted in the /volumes/ folder and then use the CP command to copy the files and folders? Or is there a different command I am supposed to use? Any help on how to copy and replace would be much appreciated; I feel like I am so close to finishing it, but I just need a little more help. Sorry.

-Edit-

Alright so I just tried it, but I keep getting this error that the root is a read-only file system and I can't copy or move any of the files to it. I tried doing the command under sudo also but I keep getting the same error. How did you copy the files and folder to your drive when you did it? I also tried to do it under linux, but I can't get permission to copy or change anything in linux. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm a total noob but I decided to go ahead with these patches because I have the exact same hardware as OP, but mine hangs forever in the white screen with the apple in the middle after I boot the DVD. Any ideas? Do I need to tweak the bios or anything?

Ok i tried to follow this guide and was NOT able to install using the iAtkos DVD.

So I downloaded the Zephyroth 10.5.2 DVD from the newsgroups and burned it on a PC.

I tried several times to install using the GUID partition scheme but got the blinking cursor at reboot.

THen I re partitioned the drive as MBR and installed Zephyroth with nVinject, and nothing else but the MBR bootloader and I was able to boot right onto Leopard 10.5.2 .

Now here are the problems and what is working.

Networking worked right away no problems

My Video card works but will only allow 1024x768 resolution

Sound does NOT work.

Firefox freezes up if i leave the system siting for more than about 10 minutes with a browser window open and requires a hard reboot.

Software Update works fine, I updated QuickTime and iTunes with no problem at all.

So, If anyone has a working ALC850 kext so I can get sound sorted out and if someone can help me figure out the video issue, this will be a nice little Hackintosh.

System Specs are:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

AMD Athlon X2 4800

EVGA 7900 GT-KO

2 Gig Crucial DDR Memory

(2) WD Raptor-X 150GB SATA drives

System is water cooled with CPU, GPU and Memory Water Blocks.

No Overclock at this time everything back to stock speeds for this test.

Team Scream, in the installation of Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD you need to install AppleAC97Audio. I have the same Motherboard...with Sound!

Thank you Shealock, I will do that.

What about my video card tho?

It is an EVGA 7900-GT-KO

I am stuck on 1024x768 and I know this cant be right.

i got it all installed but i have a problem with my usb. it won't work with usb2...

activating usb 1.1 in bios and all gets recognized

also plugging in things in my g15 that is usb 1.1 makes everything recognized

but when switching to ubs 2.0 in bios only mouse, keyboard and things pluged into the keyboard get recognized.

any idea or solution?

im getting permision denied when trying to apply patches

./replace.sh

./patcher cpuid.txt

? any clues?

edit: ok i managed to install the replace.sh typing in:

sh ./replace.sh

the patcher isnt working yet.please help?

I downloaded iATKOS_v1.0i and patched it and burned to dvd, attached blank hard drive and the dvd boots and freezes during the install at about 75% every single time.

I burned dvd without patch, and doesnt boot into the install at all.

What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded iATKOS_v1.0i and patched it and burned to dvd. The patched dvd boots up fine. However i can not find Disk Utility under Utilities. There is only a single entry for system restore there. Can you please help me? Thanks.My system config is a8n-e mobo, athlon 64 3200+ cpu, 80 gb SATA hdd.

I downloaded iATKOS_v1.0i and patched it and burned to dvd. The patched dvd boots up fine. However i can not find Disk Utility under Utilities. There is only a single entry for system restore there. Can you please help me? Thanks.My system config is a8n-e mobo, athlon 64 3200+ cpu, 80 gb SATA hdd.

I have the same problem. Perhaps we got a bad iso-file. I downloaded today.

Does anyone know what to do?

E

I have the same issue as well. I have no Disk Utility under Utilities - just a restore image choice. Help!

Update - I downloaded a new iATKOS v1.0i.iso and the utility portion is there. I installed, it boots well and now I just need to do post install activities.

i got it all installed but i have a problem with my usb. it won't work with usb2...activating usb 1.1 in bios and all gets recognizedalso plugging in things in my g15 that is usb 1.1 makes everything recognizedbut when switching to ubs 2.0 in bios only mouse, keyboard and things pluged into the keyboard get recognized. any idea or solution?
disable USB Legacy device support in bios.
im getting permision denied when trying to apply patches./replace.sh./patcher cpuid.txt ? any clues?edit: ok i managed to install the replace.sh typing in:sh ./replace.sh the patcher isnt working yet.please help?
did u boot from leo partition in single user mode?

I used the unpatched DVD and somehow got the damn thing to install! Now i am stuck during the boot up from hdd sequence, i get a Sigsegv Code 0 error. I thought iATKOS_v1.0i supports AMD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

piccolo: it seems that u have the dvd in drive and boot from it. eject the dvd and boot.

I used the unpatched DVD and somehow got the damn thing to install! Now i am stuck during the boot up from hdd sequence, i get a Sigsegv Code 0 error. I thought iATKOS_v1.0i supports AMD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
u have to do post-install actions to decrypt the binaries for cpuids.

u have to do post-install actions to decrypt the binaries for cpuids.

I completed all the steps as given in the guide. Now I get a sky blue coloured screen with the mouse pointer. Before i followed the "Setup Assistant Hangs" part i used to get a grey screen with the mouse pointer.

My screen is at 800x600 resolution now.

Please help!

PS - I used the unpatched iATKOS DVD to install.

ASUS A8N-E (+) AMD Athlon64 3200+ (+) GeForce 6200 TC 128mb + 1.5Gb (+) Seagate 120gb SATA

kfournier:get the 10.5.2 amd update from tpb and install. it's easy.

I completed all the steps as given in the guide. Now I get a sky blue coloured screen with the mouse pointer. Before i followed the "Setup Assistant Hangs" part i used to get a grey screen with the mouse pointer. My screen is at 800x600 resolution now.Please help!
try to boot with -x flag