WIFI on Asus Z71A

NoNothing

5 posts in this topic

Ok. Im trying to get WiFi working on my Asus Z71A.

My system is running:

Intel Pentium M (working w/ sse2)

NVIDIA Geforce 7600go 128MB (QE/CI working)

Audio is not working (not an issue for me right now)

Marvel/Youkon Ethernet (working)

miniPCI Intel 2915ABG (not working)

I have tried to get the intel wifi card working first. I used this http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ driver to no avail. I poked around with it for a day and was unable to get anything working on it. All I ever got was a "please reboot your system" in the 4 laguages on boot (Im assuming this happened after it detected the wifi card).

I have 2 Belkin USB network adatpers (f5d7050) I have v3 and v4.

----------Belkin f5d7050 v3 (3000)-------------

My first attempts were to get version 3 working. I downloaded RTUSB D70-1.1.3.0 D71W-1.1.7.0 UI-1.3.0.0_2006_11_10.dmg from ratech and installed it. rebooted. I was very excite

when I plugged my WiFi card in and the utility poped up to allow me to select my network. So I try to connect to my network (open for testing) and I connected. I was however unable to vist any websites. I went to the statistics tab and noticed I have no packets received without a CRC error.

The same thing happens with WEP and WPA, and while connecting to other routers. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would love a link in the right dirrection because I havent found it yet.

A new ethernet adapter is created. en3. (en0 = lan, en1 & en2 = parallels). The mac address matches that of my device aswell. But for some reason, I cant receive packets from a router.

---------Belkin f5d7050 v4 (4000)------------

I had another one of these cards laying around with a different chipset so I figure I would give it a try. I uninstalled the old drivers from the old card (though i dont think it mattered). I installed ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_7_0.dmg and rebooted once the in

tall was done. I plugged in my WiFi card and it popped up in the settings dialog

of the WLAN utility. However the utility always said "connecting.." and was unable to show any connections when there are about 10 around me. 

gain, en3 is created, and has the mac address of my card, but again doest show u

in the system network utility, or in airport utility. I tried installing as per

this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t2402.html following Tek_No's instructions, to no avail. I tried manualy setting the network information

to no avail aswell.

If anyone can point me in the dirrection of new drivers for any of the 3 of my wifi cards, or methods I am not using I would be extremely greatful of you. My laptop is mostly useless without WiFi and I would perfer not to buy another card (since I have 3 with supposed working drivers)

Thank you. Attached are some screenshots that will help you get a sense of what is going on with my cards (no screenshots of intel card, it just demands a reboot on boot.)

v3ALL.tiff

v4ConnectingSS.tiff

v4NetConfigandifconfig.tiff

Update!

I am at my school right now and everything seems to be working with version 4 of the Belkin f5d7050.

Attached is a screencliping of the WLAN utility and the AP's I can see. Im not sure exactly what I did to get it working. But I'm going to try to figure it out and post here what happened so I can help anyone else with the same issue.

I booted my computer with the device removed and then plugged it in after the computer was done booting. Im not sure if thats what caused it to work. I will post more when I know more.

v4Working.tiff

Update 2.

I am home now and have tested on my network aswell as neighbors networks. If I remove the device before shut down, and insert the device after I boot up I have no issues.

When the device is plugged in WLAN opens up, connects to my network (WPA) It will connect to open networks aswell. I have yet to test WEP as noone near me uses it.

I hope this helps someone out.

I know its probably not a great idea to bring this post back up. But I finaly figured out exactly what I did to fix my WiFi card and there may be others out there looking to run their ZyDas usb wifi card on OS X 10.5.1

I followed these exact instructions from CheeseCake

Zydas 4.57 10.4 driver is working on Leopard. My wifi usb dongle is a Belkin F5D7050 V4000.

What I did,

1. After first install and restart, try to unplug and replug the dongle first. The device will then appear in the Wlan's Network Adapter list but it is alway connecting and there is NO available network.

2. Open System Preferences, click Network, Configure the Ethernet Adpter (En1) MANUALLY, ie., IP/Subnet Mask/Router/DNS.

3. Click Assist me..., then Diagnotics....

4. Go back to WLan, it should be working now. Good Luck.

BTW, you don't have to unplug the dongle every time after restart. Great...

Hope this helps people out there.

• 3 months later...
I know its probably not a great idea to bring this post back up. But I finaly figured out exactly what I did to fix my WiFi card and there may be others out there looking to run their ZyDas usb wifi card on OS X 10.5.1

I followed these exact instructions from CheeseCake

Hope this helps people out there.

Hey man, and what's about the f5d7050 v3 (Ralink chipset)? I have the Linksys WUSB54GC with the same chipset and have the same damned CRC error. Once I have succeed with connection but nothing did before (press connect many times and connect to router).