Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet

575 posts in this topic

Hi Alex,

Are you able to have sound working(speaker, mics, and headphone) using the vanilla AppleHDA together with the Legency kext you provided under 10.6.3? I have a x61s, which should have the same sound configuration as your x61T, running at 10.6.3 x64 mode. I couldn't see any devices under sound in the preference panel. The system profiler shows only Device ID: 0x17AA20AC and Audio ID: 0. I am wondering if the right information in the Legency kext is actually being used by the kernel.

IOKitPersonalities->BuiltInHDA->HDAConfigDefault->7 (which has the correct codecID, and layoutID 10 is also used in the following layouts/pathmap information)

Do you know if there is a way to verify?

Thanks,

Joseph

SNOW LEO VANILLA SPEEDSTEP

Regarding this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=211705

I was able to generate a DSDT file for VANILLA SPEEDSTEP.

This guy also provided a Legacy File for "Serial, Atheros WiFi, SpeedStep C-States". I added Legacy Information for "x61tablet Sound Card, Bluetooth device".

Please PM me, if i should have that hour posting the DSDT patches.

Alex

X61 Tablet 1.6 Ghz C2D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alex,

Are you able to have sound working(speaker, mics, and headphone) using the vanilla AppleHDA together with the Legency kext you provided under 10.6.3? I have a x61s, which should have the same sound configuration as your x61T, running at 10.6.3 x64 mode. I couldn't see any devices under sound in the preference panel. The system profiler shows only Device ID: 0x17AA20AC and Audio ID: 0. I am wondering if the right information in the Legency kext is actually being used by the kernel.

IOKitPersonalities->BuiltInHDA->HDAConfigDefault->7 (which has the correct codecID, and layoutID 10 is also used in the following layouts/pathmap information)

Do you know if there is a way to verify?

Thanks,

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Do you have QE/CI in 10.6.3 ?

cheers

Did anyone try 10.6.4 ?

Has any one found solution to avoid waking up immediately after sleep. exclude switch off wireless. BTW, my machine does not go to sleep automatically.

I changed my dsdt to do that. Mail me your DSDT.dsl to richtera (at) hotmail . de

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello

I just install macos 10.6.3 I copy some kext

And I have most things I expected to work exept the trackpoint.

I don't understand why I copy the VoodooPS2 kext and apply the good right but I only got the keyboard working not the trackpoint.

Does anyone know why?

• 1 month later...

I have a HP 6710b. I have uneven brightness (left part of screen dark) when i reduce brightness. (Added APPL02) to dsdt.

Your solution to fix brightness was to add EDID Information to com.apple.boot.plist. I have my EDID info in HEX form. How can i get the String to add to com.apple.boot.plist. I added the EDID Part to dsdt but without effect.

i saw you use a patched X3100 Framebuffer. What exactly did you change to the file. If I use it i get black screen on the HP Notebook

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. :)

First, thanks so much for this thread. It was very helpful in getting my first hackintosh going. I'm mot too familiar with this OS (been using Linux for years though, so it's not too alien), so this has been a challenge. :P

I'm trying to look into the wireless right now, but can't seem to find anything on the particular hardware that lshw in Linux claims I have. The output said "Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection" but the first post on this thread mentioned that these Lenovo X61t's generally have either the ThinkPad Wireless MiniPCIE Atheros card or the Intel 3945 card. This machine is 100% standard stock, so I'm confused as to why I've got something different. I only ordered an upgraded battery, ram, and disk space, with the finger reader (was fun to tinker with). Nothing unusual.

I've googled all over the place and can't tell which of these two mine is, if any, so I'm wondering if there's something else going on here. Now, I did google for anything hackintosh related to "Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection" for anything to help with the compatibility since this seems to be a different kind than you guys have, but can't seem to find anything. Any suggestions?

Also, as a note, since the first post is a bit dated, it seems most of the links under section "You will need" are broken. I'm looking for suitable PS/2 Kexts, and was wondering if this would do the trick:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21952

(I'm really a noob, so I'm not sure if there is a difference with this and the one recommended by outZider.)

Also, is "Netkas' dsmos.kext for 10A432/10.6.0" of significance? I can't seem to dig up any info on what exactly this does. I'm trying to weed out what I do and don't need. See, I used the most recent iATKOS build to install, and everything except the mouse, keyboard, one usb port (the solo one on the left-hand side), tablet, and wireless work. (haven't tested dual monitors, SD, and any other plugins, but the two right-hand usb's work fine, as well as usb keyboard, usb mouse, graphics and sound.)

Though, what's odd is that the keyboard worked fine at first. I know this because there was a really loud intro video saying "welcome" in various languages, and it noticed my keyboard enough to allow me to turn down and mute the sound. It stopped working as soon as the screen got to the part where it tries to detect the keyboard by having you press the keys next to the shift buttons.

Sorry for the length of this post. I wanted to include as much helpful info as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Love, Mixiekins <3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Any luck with getting the wacom tablet on X61t (Core2Duo) to work in Snow Leopard?

By default SL boots into 64-bit because of the Core2Duo.

Running

TabletEnabler 64-bit (tried the 32-bit) and the latest TabletMagic (2b.17d2)

Gets only "Tablet not found" error in System preferences.

Hope some forum member who managed to get it work can still remember how to activate this beast.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information here. I was able to get mine X61 tablet to work in 10.6.2 32 bit.

Working:

-Shutdown

-Sleep (only in 32 bit)

-Sound (only in 32 bit)

-Dual boot

-Keyboard and mouse

I am wondering if anyone get the tablet and the hot keys on the bezel working? I tried bout 32 and 64 bit version of TabletEnabler but neither work. The kernel extension load but there is no extra serial attached in /dev.

I think the serial kext works. But TabletEnabler doesn't. There is no thing coming out of the tty of the serial port.

Hi everybody.

I have installed the iATKOS S3 (SN 10.6.3) on my X61. Well after installing some Kext and adding the HEX string to the apple.boot.plist most of the hardware woks fine for me. However, still have some problems.

1) The display works fine, the brightness control does not. I have included the string to my apple.boot.plist as described in the brightnescontrolPack for the X61. And the Intel X3100 works perfectly but without brightness control Anyone a solution on that?

2) Installing the Sn 10.6.3 transformed my thinkpad x61 to a MacBook Air ;-) because only the USB-ports at the left side of the laptop do work, the one on the right, which is the one i prefer to use, does not! Whats wrong here?

3) The most important point! How about a software to control the fan. Im mostly using a windows 7 OS and together with a fan-control-software my X61 is 90% of the time absolutely quiet, despite the HDD! Using OSX, the fan is running nonstop which firstly, is not necessary as the temperature is at about 42C and secondly, this running fann is extremely annoying. While using W7 i have forgotten how loud the x61 fan really is. If there is no solution to that (i would even pay for that if necessary) this will sooner or later be the end of the OSX project on my x61. Sadly!

If anyone has working solutions for that please contact me.

Thanks in advance

cheers

rob

• 1 month later...
Hello all,

Any luck with getting the wacom tablet on X61t (Core2Duo) to work in Snow Leopard?

By default SL boots into 64-bit because of the Core2Duo.

Running

TabletEnabler 64-bit (tried the 32-bit) and the latest TabletMagic (2b.17d2)

Gets only "Tablet not found" error in System preferences.

Hope some forum member who managed to get it work can still remember how to activate this beast.

Thank you.

I am using SL 10.6.5 (the latest update), Boot into 32-bit mode, almost get everything working except TabletEnabler (it seems not loaded at all. but not problem on leopard 10.5.8)

I got "Tablet not found" error.

Anyone has solution?

really appreciated,

:)

-Jack

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks to all the post, I finally get 10.7.2 installed on my x61 tablet 7762-54u.

Thanks to vampyrex13's dsdt file, which help me find the sound using modified AppleHDA.

I updated 10.7.3 yesterday succefully. But there are still two flaws that bothering me

(1). Sometimes, usually after reboot or unplug the AC power, during booting, after the gray apple icon, there would be a flash and the screen splits into pieces, looks like this.post-188984-0-02050200-1329803461_thumb.jpg, I could only see the very left part of the screen, and been divided into 3:1 and it seemed that it shrink into 3/4 of the original resolution. I don;t know how to get it back,

First I thought it was the video driver's issue, but none of the appleintelgmax3100 and framebuffer kext I found on the internet would work, this situation continues. if I got lucky, I could get the perfect display back after power off, or by type in -x or -s, but I still can't find a solution that consist.

(2). The Tablet is also a mystery. I could find the tablet after TabletEnabler, Tabletmagic and enable the serial port in BIOS. I could also get it start to draw on corel. But before you know, the cursor will jump back to the right bottom corner of the screen, When I got back into the Tabletmagic setting panel, the range is changed, the tablet is changedfrom ISD V4.0 into ISD V20 or something else(I tried both WACF004 and WACF008 in Apple16x50 in SLE and legacyx61T.kext under EE). I have to reset the range and remap, which is quite annoying.

Could someone help me. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi ,

Just wanted to share .

I have an X61 Tablet as well

Was tired of slow OSX and different issues with arch-i386 so decided to switch to x86_64 .

I have installed 10.7.5 combo update after clean iatkos L2 install .

Then I found on the internet everything needed to have my machine working .

For sound I'm using a voodoohda.2.7.4

for keyboard and mouse I found replacement for ApplePS2 (I had to remove the trackpad plugin inside the kext to make the mouse work )

Wifi worked directly since I installed an atheros card and

Ethernet worked with the Intel82566MM kext

BAttery with voodooBattery.kext

SDHC with VoodoSDHC.kext

Let me tell you !! now its fast really fast . I was even surprised !!!

Thanks for all your help the people behind those posts helped me a lot .

• 4 months later...

i have been able to install os x 10.7.3 on x61t - 7764-cto . its the model with xga screen.

I couldnt succeed so far with getting tablet to work. tabletmagic detects in automatic mode isd v4.0 but it doesnt work.

have tried tabletenabler,kext, thinkpadtabletenabler.kext, with no kext, but no dice.

even editted apple16x50serial.kext .............info.plist for wac004 string.

what to do . dont wanna give after succeeding so far.

• 10 months later...

Managed to get Mac OS X 10.6 installed on my ThinkPad X61 Tablet using the instructions and files here: http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/10-6- ... 50-gma3100

I'm now trying to get Tablet Magic installed on it --- my initial attempt resulted in the screen going dark after boot (even re-installing didn't fix it --- had to wipe the hard drive and install for a 3rd time).

Updated tp 10.6.8 and suddenly my serial port became active (during the update). I've tried both WACF004 and 8 w/o success or visible difference.

Log file attached --- what else can I try?

repairpermissionsrebootkillenable-log.txt

So close. Updated to 10.6.8

Tablet is enabled as serial0

TabletMagiceDaemon 2.0b20 launches, runs and tablet is initialized sucessfully

In the Testing tab I can select ``Get Tablet Info'' click Send and get

A0 1D 43 0F 7D 00 58 00 00

in the Datastream (ISDV4 Binary) pane

The only thing which seems wrong is the LaunchHelper must be run as root message --- how do I address that?

Maybe the fault isn't in TabletEnabler/Magic --- managed to get a black screen after installing Xcode and updating to 10.6.8.

Is anyone else interested in this? I was hopeful when I found another forum which indicated tabletMagic 2.0b18 was working (and later updates were problematic), but a bit put off with this current difficulty.

Reinstalling again.

And now I get a black screen after the initial install when just rebooting.

A suggestion which I haven't seen and which I wish I'd tried is to have two hard drives --- clone the install to a second drive and restore from it every time one gets set back by something like this.