10.5.2 w/graphic update, any luck w/Nvidia NVS 140M?

oldirty

9 posts in this topic

I just upgraded my T61 14inch widescreen (iatkos efi, stock kernel) to 10.5.2 and also ran the graphic update that followed. Tried the latest nvinject but still couldn't get my 128 Nvidia NVS 140M graphic card to work. It boots up to a black screen. Anybody have better luck?

Here is info from system profiler:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32M (this should be 128 BTW)

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0429

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays

Display

Resolution: 1024X768

Depth: 32 bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

iv got my 135m working now. this is my way.after the 10.5.2 patched, ran the graphicupdater1.0, then ran the newest nvinstaller v.33, just picked the nvinject.kext to install(for me its 128m version). the device id need to be added/replaced in Geforce.kext, NVDANV50Hal,NVDAResman,NVinject.kext plist files.then its done. good luckiv got my 135m working now. this is my way.after the 10.5.2 patched, ran the graphicupdater1.0, then ran the newest nvinstaller v.33, just picked the nvinject.kext to install(for me its 128m version). the device id need to be added/replaced in Geforce.kext, NVDANV50Hal,NVDAResman,NVinject.kext plist files.then its done. good luck

No luck, boots up to blank screen. Installed NVinstaller v.33 and chose only 128 option. Modified the Geforce, NVDANV50Hal, NVDAResman, and NVinject with device id (0429). Don't know what else to try.

System Info:

T61 14" widescreen w/128 Nvidia NVS 140M

-iatkos efi install w/stock kernel

-10.5.2 update via netkas instructions

-Updated Graphic package

If anyone can help much appreciated. Thanks.

I think you need to put only right NVCAP values, try to post your VIDEO BIOS ROM in nvinject forum. Goth will provide you with right parameters.

:censored2: try!

probleme here is, that my rom is inside of my bios rom. with nvflash i am not able to get any information and no backup :-(

anybody any idea ?

• 1 month later...
iv got my 135m working now. this is my way.after the 10.5.2 patched, ran the graphicupdater1.0, then ran the newest nvinstaller v.33, just picked the nvinject.kext to install(for me its 128m version). the device id need to be added/replaced in Geforce.kext, NVDANV50Hal,NVDAResman,NVinject.kext plist files.then its done. good luckiv got my 135m working now. this is my way.after the 10.5.2 patched, ran the graphicupdater1.0, then ran the newest nvinstaller v.33, just picked the nvinject.kext to install(for me its 128m version). the device id need to be added/replaced in Geforce.kext, NVDANV50Hal,NVDAResman,NVinject.kext plist files.then its done. good luck

Can you go into more details on how you got your 135m working? I have a Dell D630 with a Quadro 135M (128MB). I have installed iATKOS v1.0iR2, upgraded to 10.5.2, installed the leopard Graphics Update 1.0 and NVInstallerV33. No luck so far. I can't figure out how to make it work. What should the device id string be in each of the kext plist files? Do I need to modify the NVCAP values?

Here is info from system profiler:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32M

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x042b

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays

Display

Resolution: 1024X768