99 posts in this topic

Hey Sling!

I have laptop Samsung P29

Celeron M 1,3GHz SSE2

RAM 1Gb

ATI IXP 150 chipset

ATI RS300 bus

ATI Radeon 9000IGP DevID=0x5835

I can't try yet your DVD patch because I still have no QE but I talked with kernel developers Daemon and Netkas and they said that the tiger kernel already contains emulation for SSE3 commands so any application with SSE3 commands would work with SSE2 CPU.

I try your PowerManagement.bundle with my laptop. It is probably works as you see on the picture but I have no battery support (non-compatible SmartBattery.kext?). As I am programer/hacker then can you show me a way how to make it working?

Picture_4.png

Slinger2g, Did you obtain the laptop?

Slice: The problem with DVD Player WAS that the apps runs very slowly on SSE2 machines. this apps cannot be usable UNTIL Slinger2g made the sse2 modifications to the AppleVADriver.bundle (the frameworks are not necessary) We know that we can use VLC but the mac experience is not the same. VLC is not as polished and clean as DVDPlayer is.

So right now the only problem left is to make a powermanagement.bundle WITHOUT powersaving measures for use in SSE2 Laptops BUT RETAIN the battery/power indicator functioning.

Thats the current issue.

Ok.... I actually have a friends laptop that I am going to do beta testing on so the process is sped up.

Thank you for your time tivimac.

~Sling

DVD playback I shall test in future when I get QE ;)

pm.bundle work the same as previous one. Look my previous post

My problem is here

| +-o BAT1  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 7>
   | | | {
   | | |   "_UID" = "1"
   | | |   "name" = <"PNP0C0A">
   | | |   "_STA" = 0x1f
   | | | }
   | | | 
   | | +-o AppleACPIBattery  <class AppleACPIBattery, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 72>
   | |   | {
   | |   |   "Battery Present" = No
   | |   |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource"
   | |   |   "IOClass" = "AppleACPIBattery"
   | |   |   "IONameMatched" = "PNP0C0A"
   | |   |   "IOProbeScore" = 0x0
   | |   |   "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
   | |   |   "IONameMatch" = "PNP0C0A"
   | |   |   "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"
   | |   | }
   | |   | 
   | |   +-o AppleACPIBatteryHub  <class AppleACPIBatteryHub, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain count 6>
   | |       {
   | |         "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
   | |         "IOBatteryInfo" = ({"Capacity"=0x0,"Amperage"=0x0,"Current"=0x0,"Voltage"=0x0,"Flags"=0x0})
   | |         "IOClass" = "AppleACPIBatteryHub"
   | |         "IOProviderClass" = "AppleACPIBattery"
   | |         "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPowerSource"
   | |         "IOProbeScore" = 0x0
   | |       }

Slinger2g, the 2nd. redo... is a not-go also... same behavior.

I removed the pm.bundle in the post above.I am currently stripping down the entire pm.bundle and will post for testing in a couple days.

~Sling

*EDIT* Try this one and let me know how you make out with it.

I removed the pm.bundle in the post above.I am currently stripping down the entire pm.bundle and will post for testing in a couple days.

~Sling

*EDIT* Try this one and let me know how you make out with it.

your pm.bundle still causes dvd player to hang.

And your AppleVADriver.bundle works fine. Without your crack, DVD player works but drops lots of frames. I just deleted pm.bundle and it works perfect now.

Slinger2g, Im grateful with your work on DVDPlayer, and the hack is working great on sse2 systems, I regret that you cannot continue to see on the problem of pm.bundle because on laptops that a showstopper (this last mod has the same bugs)... But every person that has a sse2 system (desktop based) CAN use your modification without problems.

On last question, is possible to dynamically load of bundles ... IF THIS is posible we can load or unload this bundle when we use the app.

Thanks for your effort.

This is the original pm.bundle thread with source code

~Sling

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=14912

I check those thread and links to other authors. I download several variants of sources. I can't compile its because of missing headers and .defs. The problem is my 10.4.6. I can't install any other system on the laptop (JaS 10.4.8, Official Update to 10.4.8, Kalyway 10.4.10, MacDotNub 10.4.10). Deadend :)

Slice, what processor are you using?

Is it AMD? Sound's like it, and if so you have to use Tubgirl 10.4.10.

~Sling

I have Celeron M 1,3GHz SSE2. Laptop Samsung P29.

ATI chipset, ATI ATA, ATI sound, ATI Radeon.

I don't know why all distributives crashes at AppleACPIPlatform except JaS 10.4.6.

Battery support depends not only on pm.bundle but on AppleACPIPowersource that I can't change to new version.

• 2 weeks later...

Well since i reported this problem in the first place, here is the second problemIt is called GMA 900 Leopard.It is well known that gma 950 is the enhanced version of gma 900, & the driver built in macs is using the sam phisiology. Problem is that when we use OpenGL framework & Bundle we get error or half working gmaMy appionion is that we culd path those bundles & frameworks withouth touching gma950 drivers or IntelIntegratedframebuffer.kextSorry for the BAD ENGLISH

Well since i reported this problem in the first place, here is the second problemIt is called GMA 900 Leopard.It is well known that gma 950 is the enhanced version of gma 900, & the driver built in macs is using the sam phisiology. Problem is that when we use OpenGL framework & Bundle we get error or half working gmaMy appionion is that we culd path those bundles & frameworks withouth touching gma950 drivers or IntelIntegratedframebuffer.kextSorry for the BAD ENGLISH

Sorry, but I don't understand the question, or the problem you are trying to address.

I think you are asking about the use of GMA900 inside of Leopard?

If so, Apple never used the GMA900 chipset, they used it's big sister, GMA915 chipset, same chip but the 915 was the enhanced 900.

There is nothing you can do to remedy the 900 as of yet.

This is still an ongoing issue with slim to no pursuit on finding a cure.