Problems with notebook speakers?

iNoob

120 posts in this topic

Thank you iNoob!!!!!! It works :(

10.5.1 Kalyway and sound 883!

Maybe, the same way could be ok also for the 10.4.8? Hm... need to try (I still have the 10.4.8 on another Hard disk; it's still more "stable" than the 10.5/10.5.1. At least, my GMA950 didn't have artifacts like with 10.5 :rolleyes: ).

Again, thanksssss

:)

Hello to all :D . I am very new with Leopard.tried(meant) to install the sound driver. I me the number does not appear 27 that there that to modify. Someone to help please? My equipment is. Fujitsu siemens Amilo pi 1536.

I it sit(feel) for my bad(wrong) English using a translator.

plist

Thank you

Info.zip

Info.plist.xml

Have you used AppleHDA patcher?

If you have this particular version AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.Drivers are installed kalaway version of the azala believe mark the dos.No install 882 or 883.Una asked whether reinstatement OSX Leopard drivers changing the official 883 plist? Thanks for the help :P

Yes, it works also with 10.4.8. T H A N K S!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

I'm running OS 10.4.8 on a Motion LE1700. I've got Tablet Magic to recognize the digitizer but I'm new to this hackintosh scene, so I apologize for my lack of experience and knowledge -what is the process to get the internal speaker playback? Where do I type the aforementioned string? Thanks.

You need to know your audio codec model.

Where do I find my audio codec model info? The Motion website says only that the Audio Controller on the LE1700 is Intel High Definition Audio. Other models such as the LE1600 & the LS800 feature an AC 97 audio codec, but I can't find that info in the specs for the LE1700. Thanks.

Use dxdiag to view your DirectSound Settings. You should see your codec model there. Also, do you know a AMD board that works with PC_EFI? My M2NPV-VM with Sempron 3000+ CPU won't cut it...

Use dxdiag to view your DirectSound Settings. You should see your codec model there. Also, do you know a AMD board that works with PC_EFI? My M2NPV-VM with Sempron 3000+ CPU won't cut it...

Running dxdiag displays the device name as SigmaTel Audio, the device type as WDM, & the driver name as sthda.sys. I don't see a codec model listed.

What is your recommendation?

Also. I am too inexperienced in this stuff to be of any help with your inquiry - sorry.

Running dxdiag displays the device name as SigmaTel Audio, the device type as WDM, & the driver name as sthda.sys. I don't see a codec model listed.

What is your recommendation?

Also. I am too inexperienced in this stuff to be of any help with your inquiry - sorry.

By googling SigmaTel Audio codec all I can come up with is AC '97. Is it fair to assume this is the audio codec for my machine?

Look for your audio codec in the Device Manager, then doubleclick it, then go to the Details tab, then choose Hardware Identifier from the drop-down menu. Copy and paste the content here.

The Hardware IDs dropdown menu provides this item: MS_MMACM

Thanks.

Oddly enough, your system has the MacBook's audio codec, which is the Sigmatel STAC9221. :thumbsup_anim:

So ... at the risk of sounding like the newbie that I am...how do I get OS 10.4.8 to play sound out of the internal speakers on my machine? The headphone/sound out jack works.