Need help with Analog Devices AD1888

jantunes

11 posts in this topic

So, I have a Analog Devices AD1888 and I can't figure out how to have sound (at least output) in it. I've searched the forum and it looks like the Soundmax cards are hard to get to work but it was the card that was here by default.

If someone knows how to get it to work, please give me some help.It's a pain not to have sound output and, as a result, not being able to play flash videos right (yes, not having a sound card afects it in some way).

Thanks in advance,

jantunes

So, I have a Analog Devices AD1888 and I can't figure out how to have sound (at least output) in it. I've searched the forum and it looks like the Soundmax cards are hard to get to work but it was the card that was here by default.

If someone knows how to get it to work, please give me some help.It's a pain not to have sound output and, as a result, not being able to play flash videos right (yes, not having a sound card afects it in some way).

Thanks in advance,

jantunes

which southbridge have you got?

VIA = http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=38815

ATI = http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=10903 (but it's buggy yet and the project is halted)

SiS, I don't know

Anyhow you can buy an USB external audio adapter for about 15$.

goodluck!

I have a SiS.

Can you point me in the right direction on buying that USB thing? And how to instal it? I had Creative SoundBlaster Extigy that worked through USB but when I installed the USB sound drivers (Soundblaster, i believe) my Mac screw up and I couldn't even pass the Apple logo. I had to reinstal all the software...

sorry but I don't know, I never tested them. Try searching in the forum!

EDIT: have you already tried this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry140433

It is for SiS 7012 southbridge, maybe we're lucky and it's the one you've got.

Actually, I believe it is the 7012!

Going to try it now. Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: Didn't work... I think this is not installing right. I just run the installer with Terminal but it gives "No such file or directory" to all the stages of the installer and it doesn't make sense. When it is fixing the permissions, the files should be there.

Going to sleep now.

It does move now. Gotta switch to Windows to see the VEND_ID and DEV_ID. Don't know where's the paper where I have written it down.

EDIT: Analog Devices AD1888 @ SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

VEN_ID: 1039

DEV_ID: 7012

EDIT2: AH! I have sound! It outputs from the mic... How would I figure that out?eheh

Thanks for all the help, toadspit.

It does move now. Gotta switch to Windows to see the VEND_ID and DEV_ID. Don't know where's the paper where I have written it down.

EDIT: Analog Devices AD1888 @ SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

VEN_ID: 1039

DEV_ID: 7012

EDIT2: AH! I have sound! It outputs from the mic... How would I figure that out?eheh

Thanks for all the help, toadspit.

You're welcome! ;)

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump, but I've the same sound card and I can't even get Leopard to recognize it.

I definitely have the same sound card and the same chipset, AD1888 @ SiS 7012 and my southbridge is SiS too.

I checked this post, but links are broken. Could someone please let me know how to get it working?

Thanks and cheers.

• 1 year later...