kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

So, I have both the Kalyway 10.5.2 update and Kaly's kernel package. Here's my understanding of how this works.

1) Use the combo installer to update to 10.5.2

2) Reboot and repair permissions.

3) Install the new kernel with Kalyway's kernel package.

4) Reboot.

5) Do the graphics update...

It's that simple, no? Am I missing something

It's not included, so you still need to install it from software update. Not installed here, I need to read feedback on this before.

When you installed the new updated kernels, did you install both options in the Kernel installer?

So, I have both the Kalyway 10.5.2 update and Kaly's kernel package. Here's my understanding of how this works.

1) Use the combo installer to update to 10.5.2

2) Reboot and repair permissions.

3) Install the new kernel with Kalyway's kernel package.

4) Reboot.

5) Do the graphics update...

It's that simple, no? Am I missing something

That's what I did, but not the graphics update yet

i get a black screen after the boot screen after installing this, but after 4 minutes of black the login screen finally comes up. is anybody else have this issue, and know whats causing it? i did the graphics update but it did not fix the problem

Same problem here. I've just done the 10.5.2 update. Haven't done the kernel update or graphics yet.

edit: I just did the kernel update and on the first reboot the black screen only lasted 2 seconds.

wait so lemme get this straight, so basically you use the kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate, then reboot as it asks you (no permission repair, etc.), then wait...there's gonna be a black screen for a couple of minutes...then when i do get in, dl 10.5.2 kernel vanilla and patched also from tpb, then run the installer normally, and reboot (also without any commands from the terminal or permission repairs)...is that right? and also...there's been reports of the Gfx update causong problems...I got a GeForce 7600 GS 256MB from MSI...is that safe?

first of all ....Kalaway is the best.....

ok i did the combo update, then the kernel pkg....works great!!!!!!

but like everyone else... i'm scared to do the graphics update.... this is for my woman's rig... she has got

c2d...sata hd...945gcmx-s2....and 7900 gs.... everything works great and i dont want to screw up sleep function...i dont have two hds to test it so if someoe can test it( graphics update ) then either pm me or post it

thanks again kaly!!!!!!!

Excuse me if I quote one of my favorite games of '07 here: "This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!"

I am now running Mac OS X 10.5.2, with Vanilla Kernel 9.2 (Yup the updated one!), GUID, EFI and all that stuff! Just wanted to report to all of you that on my system (check specs in my Signature) I just did the following:

1) Procure the necessary files: Search at "The Bay" (You know, where everybody says "Yarr!", drink Grog and eat oranges to fight scurvy) for the files: you are looking for Kalyway's ComboUpdate for 10.5.2 as well as the other file, the Updated Kernel (I can't link here, but do a search for "kalyway" for the first file, and a search for "kernel" for the second file - make sure you sort by date so you can find it easily :) )

2) Once you have the files, BACKUP ANY IMPORTANT DATA - Everything in Hackintosh is YMMV, so if you are playing the game, might as well know the rules. Only once you've done this, you can proceed to installing the Combo Update (KalywayUpdCombo10.5.2.pkg) - Yes there are other files in your download, don't worry about them.

3) Once that's done and it asks you to restart, leave the window open and open up Disk Utility. Why? Because repairing permissions is never a bad idea. I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it and my system is working perfectly with no hitches.

4) Restart your system by clicking the Button. Once you do this, you'll see the Apple Screen, and after a long while, the system will reboot. THIS IS NORMAL! Don't panic! Once it reboots, it'll stay in the Apple Screen again, and then everything will go black. Very black. The system will stay that way for several minutes (some people say up to 3-4 minutes, it was about 2-3 for me), but after that period in which no doubt you've been holding your breath, you'll see the Blue desktop signaling that it lives! And after a few moments, your wallpaper will pop up and congrats, you are now in 10.5.2! :rolleyes:

Now, if you don't want the new Kernel, you are done here. Go make yourself a sandwich. If you do want to install the new Kernel though, do the following:

5) After doing all of above, crack open the new "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg.zip" file. Inside there'll be a file called "kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg". Run this, and you'll have 2 options. Select the appropriate for your system - there's a description when you select either that'll help you chose. In my case, I chose the first one for Vanilla Kernel.

6) Reboot when prompted. It'll boot back into your desktop, no fuzz, and you'll have the 9.2.0 Darwin kernel. Congratulations! YOU NEW KING OF FIGHTERS!

So there you have it. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, not until I hear some confirmation that it won't screw up my Install. But if you are not hard pressed for that Graphics Update, those are the steps I followed to get my system to be up-to-date to the latest version of OS X, with the latest Kernel.

Hope that helps any of you! Cheers and good luck!

I can confirm that this works! On Pentium 4, SSE2, iAtkos r2 install, I did the Kalyway Combo Update, restarted, then did the Leopard Graphics fix, then restarted. Here's my screenshot if anyone's interested.

post-89646-1202854206_thumb.png

Still have the old 9.1.0 kernel however... Didn't try that kernel updater because I believe it was for core only. Anyone try the new kernel on SSE2?

hey bro´s patched kernel causes kernel panic....dont get it to boot ;-(

anyone else?????

also got stuck on black screen for 2 minutes...after that graphics are silky smooth and hardware accelerated ;-)

but whut causes the delay to get to the screen???

any suggestions???

After install the new kernel the delay go out... (for me)

hey bro´s patched kernel causes kernel panic....dont get it to boot ;-(

anyone else?????

also got stuck on black screen for 2 minutes...after that graphics are silky smooth and hardware accelerated ;-)

but whut causes the delay to get to the screen???

any suggestions???

The delay is caused probably by OS X updating the boot caches or something similar. Don't worry though, after you restart again you'll notice the wait time is gone :) It'll go fast and easy into OS X every time after that.