10.5.2 for the AMD impatient

macgirl

108 posts in this topic

No problem :

Geekbench 2550

Xbench 1.3 Without HD 130

With HD 108

Nice scores Max :) We have similar setups and my xBench scores are not as high for some reason. I get about 102 with HD and 116 without HD. When I get home, I will compare our results and see where I'm falling short. I think it's because of my graphics card. Even though mine is newer and faster than yours, I think the Leopard kexts are still not optimized for it. I have to look into it a little more. You are also using SATA drives, right? I'm using slow IDE :rolleyes:

@macgirl: This new DVD is supposed to be a lot more stable than the first one. He's incorporated more than just the updates. If you have 10.5.2 already running, that's good, but when you need to reinstall on a new system, I think it's nice to have a fresh install DVD that works without the errors that his first DVD was having. Plus, it saves time from having to run the updates every time you do a fresh install...AND you don't have to remember all of your steps. Am I right or am I right? :)

• 4 months later...

Hey! I have a large question about updating and generall installing os x.

I'm trying to update one of my hackintoshes from Zephy 10.5.1 to 10.5.2, 3 and 4.

To the machine:

Asus M3A32-MVP deluxe.

790FX / SB600

Marvell GB LAN

ADI AD1988B Sound

AMD Phenom 9750 (2.4 GHz)

ATI HD 3870 512MB GDDR4 - from his

4 GB 1066+ DDR2 - Corsair Dominator -

LG DVD-ROM (PATA)

510GB SATA Samsung HDD - I use AHCI

When I try to update to 10.5.2 using the method described in this forum and infinite mac, I use the "while sleep" code, every time the system reboots without having the oppotunity to do somenthing, so I can't go further with the update, the only one thing I can do is just reinstall the old 10.5.1http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_images/insane2/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif

Is there another way to this? Because of the phenom proc, the Zephy 10.5.1 is the only one y can boot with.

I have a kext for the SB600, which works fine, but no grafic - I've tried many things - what I always get is a kind of Picasso paint.

Is there any thing I can do, or just better wait untill a new rev is in the net to download??

THX!!

Max.