[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

Success!

I've updated my Kaly 10.5.1+EFI+GUID without problems. Everything seems to work fine except that "About this Mac" is showing my C2D 2.4 GHz as a 4 GHz C2D and that "More Info..." can't show Information on the frontpage.

My Natit install seems to be alright, too. And finally you can choose between a transparent or a nontransparent menubar!

Thanks netkas & =-Devin-=!

Update: Suspend, shutdown & restart are also working without problems.

Here are some Screenshots:

post-99520-1202781585_thumb.jpg

post-99520-1202781640_thumb.jpg

post-99520-1202781803_thumb.jpg

post-99520-1202781810_thumb.jpg

Success!

I've updated my Kaly 10.5.1+EFI+GUID without problems. Everything seems to work fine except that "About this Mac" is showing my C2D 2.4 GHz as a 4 GHz C2D and that "More Info..." can't show Information on the frontpage.

My Natit install seems to be alright, too. And finally you can choose between a transparent or a nontransparent menubar!

Congrats!

Worked great, thanks!

I do have one issue, though it seems small.

In System Profiler the general "Hardware" tab now says "There was an error while gathering this information."

Any idea why, whether or not this will cause me a headache later, and how to fix it?

Success!

Update: Suspend, shutdown & restart are also working without problems.

Same setup here, except I hard froze on reboot, now it kps as soon as it boots.

:)

WHY!>!>>??

To be fair, I didn't do the "while 1 rm ..." thing, because i figured I could do it after it was done... this isn't that critical is it?

Shouldn't there be a part in the tutorial where you back up your Extensions folder, start the install, then start selectively moving kexts back after the fact?: wishes he knew how to code the diff for that...Also, anyone running with 10.5.2 that was booting cpus=1 previously... any news on booting normally now?

From Netkas original post:

now u can recover ur applesmbios/applehda/etc (didn;'t u forget to make backups b4 running update ?)

Thanks for putting this tut together, but I have a little confusion still.

I installed from Kalyway 10.5.1 patched dvd and have no idea what Netkas is talking in this part and this tutorial doesn't even mention it. Can anyone explain in newb terms how to handle that line? I don't know how I would back up those kexts or where they are or even if I need to with a Kalyway install.

My system:

Gigabyte P35-DS3R

E6550

2 x 1 gb gskill ram

HIS 2600XT 256 mb

Kalyway with vanilla kernal and vanilla kernal_acpi_fix and mbr with Mbr_efi. I had to install kexts for sound with kext helper and I installed graphics in -x with Triakis_2400_2600_2900_3800.zip

Thanks for helping clear this up.

WHY!>!>>??

To be fair, I didn't do the "while 1 rm ..." thing, because i figured I could do it after it was done... this isn't that critical is it?

As far as I understand it IS critical to remove "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" ASAP. Sorry for you :(

WHY!>!>>??

VERY IMPORTANT! You NEED to do this.

I'm gonna add a note to the tutorial for this.

I tried it a couple of times but I think I give up for now. I did a fresh iATKOS 1.0r2 install, with nothing but the EFI bootloader. Did the netkas procedure for installing the update, which worked fine, but when I rebooted I lost keyboard *and* the video got funky, like trying to move windows around resulted in all kinds of corruption. Of course I couldn't install the graphics update since I couldn't type my password -.-;

Think I'll keep my OS X install disposable and then when someone releases a full install 10.5.2 I'll tinker with that. Tho I would hope the graphics package is made to install in 10.5.1 8)

I tried it a couple of times but I think I give up for now. I did a fresh iATKOS 1.0r2 install, with nothing but the EFI bootloader. Did the netkas procedure for installing the update, which worked fine, but when I rebooted I lost keyboard *and* the video got funky, like trying to move windows around resulted in all kinds of corruption. Of course I couldn't install the graphics update since I couldn't type my password -.-;

Think I'll keep my OS X install disposable and then when someone releases a full install 10.5.2 I'll tinker with that. Tho I would hope the graphics package is made to install in 10.5.1 8)

Sorry it didn't work out so well for you. :)

Somebody posted on here a fix for the trackpad and keyboard I believe.