[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am a newbie in the macworld and I wanna try some stuff out. So here comes my question. I have an intel motherboard dp35dp sata as IDE in bios but when installing Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD it does not seem to recognize my harddrive. I was very astound.

pls help, I would like to try mac os x on my pc...

thnx sofar...

Hello everyone I installed iatkos 1.0i yesterday so im a total noob i tried to followed this guide but something went wrong

I do have Vista + Osx on the same disk vista boots ok but after I tried to update to 10.5.2 OSX doesnt boot It only shows a gray screen with an apple on the center and something like an "dont do this" sign on the center

I've no problem in Install osx again since I only installed it yesterday, I would have nothing to loose

but my main question is

would i have to do dual boot again? I also followed this guide

Link

would i have to do it all over again?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Lots of posts!

Yeah, I have moved on to real Macs. I am selling my Hackintosh now. I love the real mac experience.

For a few questions I saw:

- I Use vanilla.

- PS/2 can be fixed by using USB KB and Mouse. They're nicer anyway. XD

- This works for 10.5.3. 10.5.4 is safe to just install via Software Update for INTEL, not AMD.

• 2 months later...

ok, id did 10.5.3 combo update... all went well, but for some strange reason i lost access to root password, it didnt want to accept it. so luckely i havent stoped the scrip yet and was able to edit the start up install script. I reset the laptop and whola... crash....

i then booted in safe mode and did a check of the system, afterward booting into safe mode, from there i could modify my kexts....

:(:):D

and now for 10.5.4 combo update....