[How to] Install 10.5.2 Update [TUTORIAL]

=-Devin-=

509 posts in this topic

Same here. I can't show my memory (4x 512MB DDR2-533MHz RAM). But everything else looks Ok. I can show informationa about a lot other details.

Oh - and btw. when I launch the software-update now, I get this:

WF1202777905W47b0ef31a3124-Bild6.png

I will NOT try that :) I'm sure it will roast my installation...

I've made it, CRASH :)

But i've resolve it :)

My buddy on the phone with me is using a Pentium Dual Core (Not A Core 2...) and it works, so I guess it does.

I'm telling u that it shouldn't matter which processor u are on lol. all u should have to do is just delete that kext and update the don't steal thing. I'm thinking about making an sdelta3 patch. whacha think?

I'm telling u that it shouldn't matter which processor u are on lol. all u should have to do is just delete that kext and update the don't steal thing. I'm thinking about making an sdelta3 patch. whacha think?

Hmm, guess so.

As for that patch, I'm not sure what that would do exactly...

After installing the update and following this guide I am getting a do not enter sign upon trying to reboot.

I booted into verbose and it seems stuck when it loads the iTunesPhone kext

I have a Core 2, DS3R, Kalyway 10.5.1 vanilla kernel.

Any suggestions?

Darn, I should have read here first... I figured that since 10.5.1 installed fine on an EFI setup with vanilla kernel, 10.5.2 would also install just as easily. My machine kernel panicked during the update and won't boot now. Looks like I'll be reinstalling now. I'm going to use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD since it looks easier than when I did the original install.

And of course I found this guide after I updated the system and hosed it! I deleted the ACPI kext and modified the install script using the install DVD and VIM, but my system still crashes during boot. Using the -v option, I get the HPET errors. It there any easy way for fix this without restoring from Time Machine (my backup is over a month old)?

Thanks.

Darn, I should have read here first... I figured that since 10.5.1 installed fine on an EFI setup with vanilla kernel, 10.5.2 would also install just as easily. My machine kernel panicked during the update and won't boot now. Looks like I'll be reinstalling now. I'm going to use the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD since it looks easier than when I did the original install.

Had the same problem!!!!

Is there an easier way to figure out if you use dsmos or r3d3? Does Kalyway's 10.5.1 use a specific one?

I tried -v at boot, but the text moves so fast I can't keep track of if one is displayed.

Kalyway is DSMOS

Hrmm.. any chance of getting this to work with a Celeron D 420 on the 915 chipset?

My buddy on the phone with me is using a Pentium Dual Core (Not A Core 2...) and it works, so I guess it does.

AFAIK you can use CoreDuo, Core2Duo, PentuimDualCore and Celeron 400 with the stock kernel (and EFI patch).

Need to backup AppleSMBIOS, for correct hardware reporting in the sys profiler

For laptop users: Keyboard & mouse would stop working unless you backup your AppleACPIplatform.kext and restore it before rebooting. This AppleACPIPlatform.kext (with PS2 support) doesnt work with stock kernels so you would have to backup your old kernel as well. Even if you are using ACPIPS2nub.kext wont work; this kext has to be recompiled for 10.5.2...