HP TX1000Z Tablet Compatibility with Leopard

BlueCopter

979 posts in this topic

No i am not able to boot with battery..

And the graphics card is not working <_<

When i install MacVidia 1.07 and NVinject go and remove IONDrv then i got this screen:

http://www.777kb.com/vimg/DSC04952.JPG

Normal or safe boot is the same result!

But i dont have any NVDANV* kext files?! Where do you got them? I will try MacVidia 1.08 now!

this does work guys. i couldn't get it working with 1.07 but 1.0.81 i can confirm works 100% with nvinjectgo downloaded from the nvinject website. thanks isma. on a different note, has anyone tried speedsteping and stuff yet? and are there any solutions for booting without ac? do we know what the problem relates to? mine hangs at dsmos, this?

regards,

Marc

yeah, it works perfectly. don't install the drivers from the installer. show the contents of the installer and just take out the 2 you need from there. nvidia.kext and nvdriver.kext. remove IONDRVSupport.kext andthen install the 2 macvidia kexts and nvinjectgo from the website using kext helper. it works PERFECTLY. just annoyed i didn't think of it first, lol.Marcoh, and as we now have working screen resolution i thought i'd have a go with touchkit and see if i could calibrate my touchscreen. it completely screws with it and wont calibrate. any ideas? is anyone else using this successfully? Marc

Ok!

With 1.08 my display gots detected, but then i have no screen...

I´ll setup it new and try it again!

But here is sth interest i read: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...e+step+13#p4739

There are known problems with NForce chipsets!

@Mass-Face: Can you upload your drivers somewhere?

And i dont have any NVDANV* files ;)

But when it works at your machine and you have a NForce MCP51 Board, then i wonder why it won´t work at my machine :hysterical:

right, here you go everyone. this is the setup that's working with my laptop. it does make the boot time a lot longer... BUT we do have working resolution!!! Please don't forget to delete IONDRVSupport kext, i can't stress that enough. I don't have any NV* drivers either the_29, just a lot of geforce ones. i haven't touched any of those, they're still there, just IONDRVSupport has been removed. Don't use the macvidia installer, just install these with kext helper. Once again, many thanks isma.

PS, the_29, i have included everything i have since you say you're having problems with sound. literally just install all this with kext helper and we should then be at the same stage. we can then start concentrating on other problems. after this you should have working audio, framebuffer and side scrolling with the trackpad.

regards,

Marc

tx1000.zip

I would like to thank isma and Mass-Face. thanks to you two i have the native resolution on my tx1250 :(.

now all we need to get working is;

.front sound ports

.volume control

.battery boot

.vga port

thats the only things left to fix and this thing will be better than a macbook its self :rolleyes:

Cheers.

zeafy

has anyone managed to boot linux on their laptop? i've been getting sound using premade kexts from an installer. i think it would help us a lot if we had a proper codec dump from our own laptop but i can't get any linux distro to boot properly. Alex DeWolf, you have ubuntu installed? would you be able to take us a codec dump? it would be most appreciated.

many thanks,

Marc

PS, bump on the touchkit thing, has anyone got it working properly? cos all it does is totally mess mine up and wont calibrate. :(

Let me guess, you got a BIOS #81 error during start up?

Try Fedora Core 8 LiveCD!

7 won´t work (causes bios #81 error) and knoppix dont list my sound card!

But with fedora it works!

And what do you mean with the touch thing? I can calibrate mine really good and can use it!

Edit: I read sth about this Bug#81! This bug is a result of the ACPI is not able to be controlled by the OS (or not 100%)! This might be the problem for the hang up during startup (so that you have to push the Power button). And maybe is this also the problem that you cannot boot without ac power plugged in!

cool, i will try that. thanks. and the touch thing's weird. i've only just got my laptop back after i stood on it and broke the touchscreen!!! it seems kind of calibrated when i first install. but when i come to try touchkit it completely messes it up. it doesn't recognize that i'm hitting the right spots, it thinks they should be somewhere totally different on the screen so will only let me touch them there. it's really odd. i'm having problems calibrating in vista too though. so i'm wondering if they just didn't fix it properly? did you manage to find that on screen keyboard the_29?

Marc

oh, and how hard would it be to set up a script or something that recognizes when the screen is folded down and rotates the display to portrait, like in vista?? or maybe put an icon up top by the clock to rotate??

@MassFace

Thanks! I have 1280x800 res now! I will continue to look for fixes for all of the other stuff we need, and try to fix my sound... ...it still doesn't work with your kext files...

Also, I can't even get the TouchKit to run on Leopard. I get it installed and then try to run a 4 points Calibration and get no response from the app. Maybe it just doesn't recognize the newer active/passive digitizer on the tx2000...

Well with the 1024x768 the touchkit worked perfectly for me!

Have to try it (~1hour) with the (hopefully) full native resolution!

And marc, can you please make a screenshot where to enable this? I never found it (switched back to english language, but dunno... :))

So, in ~2 hours (after new setup) we will see, if i am a happy Mac OS user or again a frustrating one :D

@ the_29

To turn the OSK on go to System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu, and select the checkbox for the "Keyboard Viewer". Then select the checkbox for "Show input menu in menu bar". Once that is finished, you should have a little Flag (Mine is American) in the Upper Right-Hand Corner of the screen, to the left of the Spotlight Search Bar. Click on that, and click "Show Keyboard Viewer". That should get you going, although the keyboard is kind of small on this screen.

In regards to the TouchKit I have a sneaking suspicion that I just may be out of luck since I have a Passive/Active Digitizer. It's fairly new from Wacom and is the only reason I purchased the tx2000z instead of the tx1000.

Finaly the screen resolution is OK :(

But no SOUND at all :)

But i calibrated my touch screen with touchkit and it works perfect!

its cool that you can use it with your fingers, if sometimes an anyouing button is on the other end of the display (i hate touchpad!! My bluetooth mouse will come in 1 week - damn amazon)

At least i think i am to stupid to find this OSK!

Here my screenshot (its german)

http://www.777kb.com/vimg/Bild_17.png

But where the hell can i enable this?

Maybe you can make a screenshot (PRESS (this weird) apple button (on win keyboard its ALT) + SHIFT + 4!

Then you have a ciscor and you can create a screenshot (its saved on the desktop)

And load it up to an imagehoster (like 777kb or imageshack)

Thx

Now i hope that this damn soundcard will work soon ;)

has anyone managed to boot linux on their laptop? i've been getting sound using premade kexts from an installer. i think it would help us a lot if we had a proper codec dump from our own laptop but i can't get any linux distro to boot properly. Alex DeWolf, you have ubuntu installed? would you be able to take us a codec dump? it would be most appreciated.

many thanks,

Marc

PS, bump on the touchkit thing, has anyone got it working properly? cos all it does is totally mess mine up and wont calibrate. :P

Marc:

I also got Dream Linux to install with accellerated opengl running Compiz!!! (no sound, even with an external USB headphone amp). I got Ubuntu 8.04 to boot with sound and proper resolution. Here is a Ubuntu web page with tx1000 info:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=751054

It boots on battery too. I have not messed with touch screen on this yet.

I am going to install Arch Linux 2008 64bit to see how well it runs.

I hope this helps.

Alex

In this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-332829.html they describe some several startup arguments (like acpi=off)

When i tested it, i got no kernel panic during booting! But it seemed that the system hang up! Or it will take much longer for booting! So maybe someone of you will test it and you have to wait for a longer time..

I switched my screensaver to PC name!

But when mac os goes into standy, it never will wake up again?! Or do you have to change sth?

I had Ubuntu 7.10 installed before OSX.

I used to boot into the live CD with the argument "-noapic nolapic" for the boot option.

Here is a thread that talks about booting into Ubuntu Live CD (32-bit): http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=53094

Note* Thanks Mass-face for providing the kexts, the resolution is working perfect.

Another thing though, does anyone notice the mouse co-ordination is a bit off after changing the resolution? Like if I intended to click on close, but instead clicked on the minimize button because I was a bit on the right side of the close button? (Left top corner of the window).

Finaly i found the OSK :blink:

I didnt looked at the 3 lines at the beginning, because the first was Japanese Katana or sth like that..

@Alex DeWolf: You deleted the IONDrv*.kext ? And you have to change the resolution after changing the drivers! It will boot up with the old one (1024x768)

i dont know of many of you have sound working yet so...

if you go to this thread and read the first post by bluecopter, you'll see the fix under partially working.

The only problem is that you cant control the volume, your sound is on or off, and the headphone ports dont work.

it appears that the volume keys are recognized they just cant control the volume

Anyone have any ideas?

No!

Not working at all with any of these 2 packages! I tried them at first, when i read this topic!

Mine problem is, that i have a subsystem ID, which noone else have!

Vendor Id: 0x10ec0862 <-- this ID have the most of the ALC861/862 owners!

Subsystem Id: 0x103c30bf <-- but this here not.. I´am completly alone!

Revision Id: 0x100001 <-- most of the time, this ID is also different to mine :(

I wrote to taruga! He will have time next week to take a look at my codec dump!

Here is the screenshot, maybe it will help someone else.

@the_29

I am in the same boat as you with the sound issue, dev id's and all. Please let me know when you hear from Taruga, Thanks!

post-209120-1208520705_thumb.png

Finaly i found the OSK :) I didnt looked at the 3 lines at the beginning, because the first was Japanese Katana or sth like that..@Alex DeWolf: You deleted the IONDrv*.kext ? And you have to change the resolution after changing the drivers! It will boot up with the old one (1024x768)
I did delete IONDrv*.kext. How do you change the resolution?

@wyzazz:How did you get the battery indicator

Alex