- Downgrade your BIOS to F.04 for the tx2000(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38256.exe), this is necessary for your sound to work and must be done from within windows.
- Downgrade your BIOS to F.12 for the tx1000(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36001-36500/sp36076.exe), this is necessary for your sound to work and must be done from within windows.
- Press F9 during boot and select to boot from CD (you must do this or you will get the com.apple.boot.plist error)
- The disk will stop booting at IOAPIC: Version 0x11 Vectors 0:23
- Double-Tap your Power Button and it will continue loading
- Format your Partition or Disk using the Disk Utility during setup
- Click the Customize button before installing & select the following options
- Third Party Drivers
- Chipset Drivers - nForce2/3/4/5 chipset driver
- Audio Drivers - AzaliaAudio
- Graphics Drivers - NVidia Driver - NVinject Go
- Network Drivers - Forcedeth Driver
- Let the disk install once it's finished you should have a more or less working install of Leopard
- Remember to press F9 and choose your Hard Drive to avoid the com.apple.boot.plist error
- And also remember to Double-Tap your power button to get it to boot
- Now download the_29's tx1000 package (http://rapidshare.co.../tx1000Pack.zip) and install per the instructions, in a nutshell all of the .kext files need to be installed with the Kext Helper in the Applications folder, and all of the other files have their places as well, just read the instructions and you should be good to go
- Or you can download wyzazz's .mpkg (http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=26433) and have all the work done for you automatically… …you will still have to manually remove /System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext
- Webcam (Blue Light comes on, but picture is always green on tx2000 only)
- Sound Jacks on front port (No mic, or sound out of jacks 1&2)
- ACPI Power issue on boot (Double-Tap the power button)
- ACPI Power issue, cannot boot under battery power (must be plugged in)
- Screen Calibration does not currently work (on tx2000 only)
- No QE/CI hardware support
- Download the 10.5.3 update from The Bay of Pirates (10.5.3 Update for AMD Working)
- Download the 10.5.4 update package and 9.4.0 modbin kernel from this thread (http://leo4all.uni.c....php?f=17&t=269)
- Download the pcwiz kernel installer (http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=30746)
- Install the 10.5.3 update then repair permissions with the Extensions_Repair Utility in the Applications Folder and Restart
- Install the 10.5.4 update then repair permssisons with the Extensions_Repair Utility again and Restart
- Use the pcwiz kernel installer to install your shiny new kernel, then install the system.kext file using the Kext Installer Utility in the Applications Folder and Restart
Please check the end of this thread for the most recent information related to the tx1000/2000 series laptops. This post may not always be updated as there may not always be time to do so.
P.S. Many thanks to BlueCopter for editing this first post for all of us, and many thanks to the other members of this Forum that have helped us out…
I recently got a tx1000z(specs at the bottom of post) and here are my experiences with the hardware compatibility under Leopard AMD 10.5.1 dvd floating around.
Right now i am dualbooting Windows XP(Tablet + Media Center) and Leopard with 2 partitions of equal size.
I plan to continually update this thread with new information as it comes available. Please post if you have a peice of hardware working i will update this post. I will also continue to test and try to get what i can working. Thanks in adavance for any help or guidance anyone can offer. If i left out any hardware devices working or not please let me know. Thanks
I beleive the Touchscreen TouchKit driver below hasn't been posted before because i had to find it on my own. it makes our touchscreen 100% accurate with a calbiration utility. it is very nice
My main priorities are 1280x800 resolution, working audio, and wireless(almost there i think)
also there is a bug on statup when it displayed "ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)" i have to hit my power button or else it will just sit there on bootup. if i hit the power button it will continue to startup and work normally
NForce MCP51 SATA - Works using new AppleNForceATA.kext Guide to inserting AppleNForceATA.kext into DVD
HardDisk - works with the nforce sata driver
DVD drive - works with the nforce ata driver
5 in 1 media card reader - Works Immediately (only tested SD card)
USB 2 - Works Immediately
Remote Controll - The volume ajustment keys are recognized by the system but no audio. The directional keys and ok button are received by the system seem to work like the directionals on the keyboard
Broadcom Bluetooth - Works Immediately
Webcam - Works Immediatelty
Touchscreen - Works Immediately but couldn't calibrate - Fully working with Calibration using touchkit driver HERE INFO Just install the package the then run touchkit to calibrate the screen
Touchpad - Works after installing ApplePS2 kexts from Install DVD
Keyboard - Works Immediately
Battery Meter - Works with this the attachment from this thread
Broadcom 802.11 - Recognized after install but can't detect or connect to any wireless ap
Realtek ALC861VD(ALC862) - Got it working using TarugaALC862Installer1.zip or TarugaALC862Installer2.zip from AppleHDA thread HERE. The install packages didn't work so i had to manually install as described HERE. Internal speakers and built in mic work. head phones ports don't work. haven't tested microphone input. Volume keys up and down don't adjust volume but are recognized by the system. mute/unmute button works but stays red like it muted even when its not.
Ethernet - got it working shortly with forcedeth-nock.kext but then when i tried to download a file it crashed and now its not functional again. trying to troubleshoot the problem but i beleive the driver itself is fairly unstable.
Geforce 6150 - I had to remove all Ge* kexts out of my extensions or else i would get a panic on boot. tried macvidia Version 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.0.81 and couldn't get any to work. i read only 1.0.7 is the only one that works with 6150 but couldn't get it working. a 1024x768 on some basic driver is all i can get working.
HP QuickLaunch Buttons - Nothing seems to be working.
Fingerprint Scanner - Recognized by system(might just need software)
56k Modem - Not recognized
External Monitor + S-Video Output
AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-60 (2.0GHz / 1MB)
12.1" 1280x800 w/Integrated Touch-screen
2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6150
802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth - Broadcom chipset
6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
HP Imprint Finish + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam