i give up - AMD ASUS a8n sli deluxe - Leopard 10.5.1 - Network problems

wirm

14 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get this all day. I can not get any type of network drivers to work. I have an AMD ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. I have Leopard 10.5.1 up and running. Seems to be quite stable, i havent had to use any boot flags for stability (though i have tried the graphics thing, and other whatevers.) But it seems for the life of me i just cant get my network up and running. I can not discover any way to get my ethernet adapters to even have an ounce of life that they are there.

What I have found out so far is that my mother board has 2 built in nics (pretty straight forward you can see on the back there are 2 ports.) 1 of the nic's is a NVIDIA Gbit ethernet adapter the

DEV ID is 0057 and the Vendor ID is 10DE

The other adapter is a Marvell-Yukon Gbit adapter and the..

DEV ID is 4320 and the Vendor ID is 11AB

I've tried numerous tutorials, with many different versions, just in case, and i still just cant seem to get it working.

If any one has any dead on info could you please post it.

Whatever else you need from me ill post it.

Thanks ahead of time.

This is the same board I have Asus a8n-sli-deluxe. I know there is a marvel lan fix in the iaktos package I believe But since I have yet to get a good dvd iso of it I can't be sure it's works...

which install did you use and what cpu chip are you running?

I have been trying to get this all day. I can not get any type of network drivers to work. I have an AMD ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard. I have Leopard 10.5.1 up and running. Seems to be quite stable, i havent had to use any boot flags for stability (though i have tried the graphics thing, and other whatevers.) But it seems for the life of me i just cant get my network up and running. I can not discover any way to get my ethernet adapters to even have an ounce of life that they are there.

What I have found out so far is that my mother board has 2 built in nics (pretty straight forward you can see on the back there are 2 ports.) 1 of the nic's is a NVIDIA Gbit ethernet adapter the

DEV ID is 0057 and the Vendor ID is 10DE

The other adapter is a Marvell-Yukon Gbit adapter and the..

DEV ID is 4320 and the Vendor ID is 11AB

I've tried numerous tutorials, with many different versions, just in case, and i still just cant seem to get it working.

If any one has any dead on info could you please post it.

Whatever else you need from me ill post it.

Thanks ahead of time.

which install did you use and what cpu chip are you running?

Im not entirely sure which DVD im Running. I think its Zephyroth's I would need MD5 to confirm.

I have a 4200+

And for the forcedeth drive, i just couldnt get it working for the life of me. It has my dev id and vendor id as the first one, so it should have picked it up automagically correct? Do i have to do something else to load it, even as an unstable driver that would be fine. I just cant seem to get it to pick up anything. I maybe doing something wrong entirely.

I am using Asus A8N SLI Premium.

It has 2 NIC, the Nforce and Marvell.

Currently Nforce lan card with forcedeth-d.kext is running ok, with cpuid=1. otherwise, it always freeze..

Trying to get marvell driver skge.kext, however I am still not able to enable it. It just does not show up in the network.

hey guys, I have the same board and NO Crashes. why? because I dont use forcedeth at all. i use only the marvell yukon. this solution works perfectly. thanks to the author.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15700

AND, i dont need to use cpuid=1 or any of that razzbooty

Yes, you´re right, but with this forcedeth i don´t have problems with my Nforce ethernet. ;)

I actually figured out what the problem is. I was booting with rd=disk2s1 because i didnt feel like fixing the partition till i got the whole thing up and running. Well it seems, when you do that it runs in a sort-of safe mode and only loads the kext's from the DVD and not the harddrive. I have another.. eh problem kind of..

My network works fine with the forcedeth drivers, im not running cpus=1. I can get the marvell to show up but it doesnt work at all not sure why (never tried to use it until now, could be broken for all i know.)

But everything is running fine, no crashes. Though is there some way to see what kext's are loaded and actually being used? or what hardware is using what drivers?

• 2 months later...

Wirm,

I was hoping you might be able to give me a hand. I know this thread is old but we have the same board. Well mine is a A8n32-SLI Deluxe (I guess that is the same). I have yet to find a dvd that boots. I downloaded about 5 versions that are around in the usual spots and some do more than others but nothing more than freezing. I give them about 5 minutes and then shutdown figuring they are not doing anything. I tried -v, -f, -s, -x, and cpus=1 still with not luck. I even tried different combinations.

I run a Raid0 with 2 western digital raptors with 250 gigs of room. Dual DVD burners , and some other accessories. I even added an external USB hard drive which was HFS+ formated using MacDrive Disk manager, just to see if it is possible it can't find an available compatible hard drive. I have read and saved about 30 forum pages of people with this boards and this is my first post to try and get some community help.

When I boot verbose mode I get two errors sometimes. I always get "waiting for boot volume UUID" and thats followed by a long code.

I also get Failed to allocate MSI Interrupt sometimes. Lastly certain DVD's boot to an apple logo with a grey backed screen and just sit there. I wait for 5 minutes or more with no luck. I heard of restoring the setup dvd ISO to disk but I am not sure how thats done in a windows enviroment. I have read I would need grub (which seems hard to understand) or a Mac OSX to do this. Did you run in to many problems with the DVD's when you started your project? I was hoping that you worked out all the bugs on our board so you could set me straight to what I could try. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...