here is the CPU Fan Diagram

Attached File  G5_CPU_Fan.jpg   95.38KB   561 downloads

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Thanks a lot amantheboy08. Just one more thing... I would suggest to colour the 12V connector in yellow and the 5V in red to avoid any confusion. :blink:

teknojunkie

teknojunkie

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Coding, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Video Games
k i always screw up with keep think the 5v is yellow hence a lighter color lol

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
i have setup the rear fans on some motherboard fan connectors, they do have rpm sensing so they do adjust by themselves.

if you would like the pinout to connector wiring diagram i will make one up for you.

-D-

teknojunkie

teknojunkie

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Coding, Skateboarding, Snowboarding, Video Games
yeah give me the pinouts so i can make the diagram thanks a bunch

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
amantheboy, it is quite easy : you check on the MObo manual and connect the power wires together and the neutral wires together and the RPM wires together within a two or three wires for the mobo. I have done it for the bck and upper fans from the G5 case. Will upload some pix.

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

amantheboy, it is quite easy : you check on the Mobo manual and connect the power wires together and the neutral wires together and the RPM wires together within a two or three wires for the mobo. I have done it for the back and upper fans from the G5 case. Will upload some pix.

hi amantheboy08, sorry I completely forgot those pix. I took three of the plug to connect the back plate fans to my Mobo.

Attached File  IMG_5459.jpg   44.28KB   402 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5460.jpg   37.62KB   335 downloads

here the yellow wire at left is RPM, the red in middle is 12v and the black at right is ground :
Attached File  IMG_5461.jpg   26.25KB   270 downloads

Here is one of your pix from you mobo manual as exempla gracia to illustrate my say (written words actually :unsure: )
Posted Image

jocheim

jocheim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, I'm lifting this thread again because I am allso trying to use the standard fans in my G5 case. I've been reading everywhere but i still don't understand how I'm supposed to plug them in.

What i have on the motherboard is CPU_FAN with 4 connectors: GND, +12V, Sense, Speed Control
SYS_FAN2: GND, Speed Control, Sense, +5V
SYS_FAN1: GND, +12V, Sense
PWR_FAN: GND, +12V, Sense

If I understand everything correctly the SYS_FAN2 has all the connectors I'm gonna need? Can I just plug all the fans in to this one and expect everything to work? If so, what will controll the speed of the fans?

I bought a Zalman fancontroller when i bought my computer, is this something I could use instead?

Hope someone can help!

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Hi, I'm lifting this thread again because I am allso trying to use the standard fans in my G5 case. I've been reading everywhere but i still don't understand how I'm supposed to plug them in.

What i have on the motherboard is CPU_FAN with 4 connectors: GND, +12V, Sense, Speed Control
SYS_FAN2: GND, Speed Control, Sense, +5V
SYS_FAN1: GND, +12V, Sense
PWR_FAN: GND, +12V, Sense

If I understand everything correctly the SYS_FAN2 has all the connectors I'm gonna need? Can I just plug all the fans in to this one and expect everything to work? If so, what will controll the speed of the fans?

I bought a Zalman fancontroller when i bought my computer, is this something I could use instead?

Hope someone can help!

you connect the black,Gnd together; the 12V and 5V (fan side) whith the 5V (Mobo connector side); the RPM (fan side) with the Speed Control (mobo side) the sense (mobo side) is NA.

Which kind of fan controller, the one you can manually control by turning a button ? That one yes.

jocheim

jocheim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well, that would just give me a fan that runs on 5V. I was thinking that I would either want it to be controlled by the motherboard or manually with the fan controller. The fan controller is the kind with knobs that you can select the voltage for the fans.

I'm guessing the output from that is GND, 12V, RPM, so that means that I'm missing the 5V, right?

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Well, that would just give me a fan that runs on 5V. I was thinking that I would either want it to be controlled by the motherboard or manually with the fan controller. The fan controller is the kind with knobs that you can select the voltage for the fans.

I'm guessing the output from that is GND, 12V, RPM, so that means that I'm missing the 5V, right?

You're right I made a mistake the output on the mobo is 12V, not 5V.
To get the 5V, you have to connect the fan onto a Molex plug using the red wire which is 5V.
Or you use a fan controller indeed.

Baudouin

Baudouin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Check the reply 15 out from this thread by blakknight to see more choice about modulating the power to even 2,5V to get a very silent fan. :thumbsup_anim:

HackerWayne819

HackerWayne819

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Sorry for bumping such a old thread but anybody got the apple speaker to work?

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Sorry for bumping such a old thread but anybody got the apple speaker to work?

Yeah I just wired it directly to the mobo header on my F panel.

F27

F27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I was wondering if someone could tell me the Amp rating for the G5 92mm intake and the rear exhaust fans, Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy