How to install Leopard (10.5.1) on 680i EASY

The Reepr

9 posts in this topic

My PC Specs:

osx86sig.jpg

680i chipset sucks for mac. It's simple as that. But it can be done.

This may work for other people too.

Things you need:

-PATA HDD

-Kalyway 10.5.1 disk

-Tiger disk (10.4.1) (it will only say 10.4 os x install disk not 10.4.1 install disk) from the bay

-external usb drive (6 gig's or more. )

-DVD burner (PATA)

-ipod/external usb drive

Get it all together, burn both disks then come back here. Print this out, it'll make your life a lot easier.

Now get ready for the fun. It's not that hard. Let's begin

1. Boot your computer normally, mash [delete] until the cmos comes up (The blue screen with all the options)

2. using your arrow keys, hit down until you get to where the reset all things is highlighted. hit [enter], then reset it.

3. now go into the bios again, disable any extra cores [chipset features > cpu configuration] then hit [F10], pop in the tiger 10.4.1 install disk and make sure your usb drive is plugged in. You may have to boot with -v if it hangs.

4. after the gui loads, go to the top bar, click on [utilities > disk utility], then format the usb drive with a one worded title, as MAC OS X Extended journaled (the default), format shouldn't take long.

5. close out of the disk utlitity and install mac os x without any special stuff to save time. {Will take about an hour or two} take out the disk

6. reboot, then hit [ESC] at boot, scroll down to hard disks then select the usb drive. now hit [F8] Quickly, and rapidly.

7. Boot with -x -f -legacy cpus=1, and follow the menus and make the account you want to make. after it loads to the desktop. now reboot with the kalyway disk in the drive

8. no options are needed to boot, so just sit back and let it load. then format your PATA drive with disk utility, but this time go to partition and selct one partition, hit options and make sure it says mbr (MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT A ONE WORD NAME)

9. Install it without any drivers. The only thing you need to select is the mbr bootloader. UNCHECK VANILLA AND EVERYTHING ELSE

10. let it install. Go play call of duty 4 or something for an hour or two

11. boot into leopard with the -x option.

12. follow the stuff again like you did in tiger, but this time, import the account you made from the usb drive.

13. anytime you boot you will have to boot with the -x option. tough cookies until I figure it out.

Some notes:

-I can't get audio working

-I can't get both cores working

any questions? You might say hmm I would like to ask him questions so here's my email:

thereepr [AT] gmail [DOT] com

blam you got it! shoot me some emails if you need help.

Post here if you got a solution to some of my problems

Let me know how the guide is. It's my first ever.

hmmm, well you could use an ipod or just partition 6 gig's off to install on. I'm not sure of the exact size of the install, but I said 6 gig's to be safe.

The only other option I could think of was to figure out how os x finds accounts and just copy that to a folder on a flash drive.

I NEED AN AUDIO SOLUTION

• 3 weeks later...