Dell Inspiron 600m Installation and troubles

plaen

56 posts in this topic

Thanks to you all.

With the help of this post and milkmans iPC on 600m blog, I was able to get iPC 10.5.6 installed and operational on my 600m.

The only thing that is not working now is the tap and scroll on the touchpad. Did anyone here get it to work properly? I've searched and searched but can't find the solution, at least from what I can tell.

Another thing, do you hard drives run hot with OS X?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to install it but I'm stuck at the Welcome screen where it asks for my region, the keyboard, and to transfer files. I put US for the first two and the last, not to transfer the files. After that, it goes back to the first screen... what's going on?

• 6 months later...

I never tried to install via USB, so not sure about that.

To the other 2 above posters, I don't have that 600m anymore, so I can't troubleshoot much, but I did end up finding out there are more than 1 hardware build for that model. The melting screen issue I hadn't seen myself, and my unit had a mobilty radeon M9000 in it, with 256mb. It could be a hardware issue, or maybe it's got something to do with the driver package that's in the installer. Wish I could help, but I don't have the unit to test on. :)