Guitar Hero 3 App

3thirteen

32 posts in this topic

Anywhere I can find just the .app file for guitar hero 3? I have the pc version of the game, but it didn't include the Mac software. I would think the Mac version is just the PC version wrapped in Cider, so I'm just looking for the necessary Mac files to play it on my Macbook Pro. Thanks for any help.

Cubric, I'm on a 2.2ghz MBP with 4gb RAM and the 128vcard.

errandwolfe, tried that and I get a no disc error even though I have my PC disc in. I guess its looking for mac specific files on the disc.

Colonel, yeah the versions out now are the hybrid version. The PC version came out about 2 months before the Mac one was done.

Anywhere I can find just the .app file for guitar hero 3? I have the pc version of the game, but it didn't include the Mac software. I would think the Mac version is just the PC version wrapped in Cider, so I'm just looking for the necessary Mac files to play it on my Macbook Pro. Thanks for any help.

1. Aspyr's Mac version is not based on Cider.

2. The single Mac app (you can get it from 1.1 updater) won't help. Somebody have already assembled it (Mac app + PC data folder) - it is on RapidShare for a month already but it don't work - confirmed by many testers on other forums.

I have tried installing the Gh3 mac 1.1 patch on an existing 1.1 pc version (using pacifist) and it kind of worked.

It accepted my pc dvd and started up, I could see the video clips but after that the game crashes. :D

I think this i because the pc data and mac data is not exactly the same, since I tested the now macified data folder with the pc .exe file, and I did now crash in windows also.

If I only coluld get my hands on a real mac install I think this game would be playable with my pc disk. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't this game come with like a guitar?

wouldn't downloading it be stupid if you don't have the mac guitar... or is it USB?

Think Mark

If he bought it, it should be the same guitar as the x360 guitar, the USB X-plorer, which SHOULD work on Mac/PC, I dont see why it wouldn't, they sell the same guitar for the Mac/PC version as the eariler just PC version.

Just to be clear, the X-Box/PC guitar does work perfectly on a Mac. I actually bought the game, but have been unable to copy the disk in anyway to make a torrent. It apparently uses some type of copy protection technology. Just to improve performance wanted to make it into a DMG and place in on one of my hard drives, was a complete no go though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the same problem, my version didnt come with the Mac side, and now that ive not my hackintosh up and running like i want it, i wanna play my GH3 on it. Grrr...i even got my xplorer controller to be seen with a nice USB patcher. Lets you map the xbox controllers. I downloaded the patch from Aspre but its looking for an INSTALLED version of GH3 which i dont have due to the fact it wont install on the mac side..so i asks ya...where do i go from here?!

Only the australian version is hybrid the res are mac only or pc only, I bought the game but sold the guitar as it was just manky, works fine with the keyboard and mouse, managed to finally get the nocd crack to, just search for it i.e mininova, it's there but just got to read how to get it working, good thing to because I sratched the {censored} out of my guitar hero disc trying to clean it, just made an image of it with Toast, reinstall leopard, mount the image and apply the no cd crack, works but not online it says can't connect, not sure why, I have the cd key but does not ask me to enter it, also I am pretty sure I can get the wireless 360 les pauls to work with it, just don't have the guitar as you can't buy it on it's own

I bought it too and there was no mac version.

Disappointed I checked my favorite torrent site and found the hybrid version installed it

You don't need a nocd crack as long as you have the PC version DVD

Ok..so i have a hybrid copy and its installed..does anybody know of where i can find a nocd fix for it? i just want it to run smoother..i used Toaste to mount an IMG of it but it still looks for DVD in the drive..grrr...msg me if you have any ideas