Broadcom 57xx lockup

sarfa777

1 post in this topic

I know there are several posts about these nic. I did manage to get the nic to show up and get an ip address by putting in the modified AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext into the Extensions folder. HOWEVER, as part of the fix, you have to manually enter the ether or mac address for the card via terminal. When I do the command of ifconfig en0 ether _______________________ <- mac address, OSX locks up completely. My co-worker did this exact same thing on his Dell Optiplex GX620 and got it to work with no problem. I'm on a Dell Optiplex GX280 and mine locks up.

Now I do know that the onboard nic is a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx (the same as the one in the GX620's) and I have verified the mac address for the nic as well. But can not find a cause or fix for this lockup. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe once I get this fixed, I can try to get it to boot without needing the DVD in the drive. Then I can multi-boot with Ubuntu and XP. Everything else seems to work fine other than the nic on this GX280.

Thank you.