Retail DVD Guide, 10.5.8, PC-EFIv9 installer, EFI studio, Vanilla or Voodoo, GA-P35-DS3P (L,R), DS4, or OS X Compatible board

LTL

909 posts in this topic

help i have hp dv5 1030ee

i have installed osx 10.5.6 ffp5

but my laptop mouse is not working i used a usb mouse

and also the keyboard is not working i used usb keyboard

but they working on the installion but after instlastion they is not working

and also the sound is IDT sound any one have driver for it

thnx

• 1 month later...

Hi I was getting ready to do it install. Ran into trouble in the 1st step. Have 2 HDs One has Kalway on a 25gb partition. The second HD is 1 tb with 3 partition. 100 gb for XP; 150 GB I made for Leopard; the remaining is NTFS storage partition. Is it possible to install with this method on just a parition of HD, because when I went into disk utility for the following steps:

1. Click on your target drive (or target drive/partition) in the left window
  2. Then look right and click on the Partition Tab
  3. Then choose Volume Scheme: 1 Partition (change if you know what your doing)
  4. Then fill in the Name with: Macintosh

I only get the partition option when I click on the whole HD. Is I click on any of the partitions I only have the option to install to erase and make the HD Mac OS Extended, can't pick GUID partition tables.

So then for this install do I need a Fresh HD just for MAC? Please advise. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i am having 10.5.6, whatever i do i cant get the sound to working. i have bad axe 2 mother board.. some one please help me...

You clearly haven't done your home work. The BadAxe2 is very well documented and I even believe there are BIOS mods. You should use google before you ask.

Hi I was getting ready to do it install. Ran into trouble in the 1st step. Have 2 HDs One has Kalway on a 25gb partition. The second HD is 1 tb with 3 partition. 100 gb for XP; 150 GB I made for Leopard; the remaining is NTFS storage partition. Is it possible to install with this method on just a parition of HD, because when I went into disk utility for the following steps:

1. Click on your target drive (or target drive/partition) in the left window
  2. Then look right and click on the Partition Tab
  3. Then choose Volume Scheme: 1 Partition (change if you know what your doing)
  4. Then fill in the Name with: Macintosh

I only get the partition option when I click on the whole HD. Is I click on any of the partitions I only have the option to install to erase and make the HD Mac OS Extended, can't pick GUID partition tables.

So then for this install do I need a Fresh HD just for MAC? Please advise. Thanks.

I suggest you follow the guide step by step. What your trying to do is outside the scope of this guide. The point of this guide was to help you go from noob to understanding the underpinnings of how a hackintosh is built. I suggest you setup just OSX on your HD. If you want a XP install, set that up on a different drive for now and use Cham RC5.

• 2 months later...

Retail Install of 10.5.6 , delta update to 10.5.7, lost sound and video, reverted to old kext, got it all back, continued to update to 10.5.8, - no sound, video, wifi intermit, dual core stutter, , changed to vooddoo kernel 9.8.0, replaced videobuffer.kext , hda.kext, , walla everything works perfectly, complete qe on Intel gma945 graphics card, dual monitor and mirroring. stereo sound. My battery life too a dump though. Although I have had this laptop and battery for over 4 years. I will order a new battery first then mess with the power options. screen shot provided. And I found a perfect solution to dual/triple/quad boot anything --- google boot think. available for mutiple OS.

here is a link. http://www.kexts.com/view/207-boot_think_v2.4.6.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mac OSx 10.5.8

Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505

Intel gma945/950 express graphics card @ 1280 x 800 full QE

3 gb of ram

80 Gb hardrive Guid / dual boot vista

post-538492-1294037809_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
You will have to resinstall PC-EFI (pre-patch) or Chameleon after restoring image.

im trying to fix my darwin bootloader with my kalyway 10.5.2 installation (restored from image). could you point me out to any guides that show me how to recover this?

im trying to fix my darwin bootloader with my kalyway 10.5.2 installation (restored from image). could you point me out to any guides that show me how to recover this?

When you partition your drive (GUID) and then go to restore the image to it... you have two choices. A. Install chameleon before or B. after you restore your image. If you choose A, then you better untick the box to erase the disk when restoring.

Just download a Chameleon boot loader package and follow the instructions on loading it onto your drive. If you read my guide, there are instruction on how to do this.

So get to work!

• 3 months later...
ALWAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES and ARCHIVE UPDATES ARE LISTED AT THE END OF THIS POST, SEARCH THE POST FOR YOUR ISSUE

April 2 Current Update:

Not sure if there is anyone left following this thread, but if you guys are still there .....

Hey there LTL.

I just wanted to say 'Thank you' for this guide which was the only light showing me the way to a functioning OS X installation when you first posted it. You were very helpful to me, with my now-antiquated Gigabyte EP35-DS3L motherboard (which still works wonderfully-- I have it running 8gb RAM, dual 20-inch monitors @ 1680 x 1050, Logitech 9000 Webcam, dual-core CPU, 3 hard drives, a Chameleon Boot partition and boot drive, plus a 640gb data drive and a 1.5tb Time Machine drive each in SATA hot-swap bays, running on OS X 10.6.7 now).

For Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro 4, the i- suites (iLife and iWork) and even web-browsing, I think this is a wonderful machine. Several of my friends are jealous of the power of this system, and then when I show them it's a self-build and tell them the price of components, sometimes I have to help them up off the floor!! But that is 99% thanks to you [i'll modestly take the 1% for the build effort and working your guide to successful completion. ;-) ]

Anyway, to you I want to express my deepest thanks in the help of this effort!!

-dave

Connecticut, USA

• 6 months later...

Dave,

Been a long time since I last logged in to check out my old thread. Just wanted to thank you for your kind words and say your welcome.

I had built 3 homebrews over the years, 1 P35 and 2 P45 (I even tried that POS EFIX chip). All 3 of them have been repurposed into VMWARE hosts that run 24/7 and are doing great. Unfortunately due to business and time constraints, I don't have time to put into building hacks anymore and I'm "sold out" and using official apple hardware on the desktop now. I'm actually going to convert my entire office to the Mac soon... I'm addicted to Mac Minis! haha 8GB of Ram i7, and SSD.. bam!

My friend created a new add on card you can use to boot your partitions... I have not personally tried it, but you might want to check into it. If I had time, I would be using it in my hack...no doubt!

Angelbird

Take it easy bro!

LTL

Hey there LTL.

I just wanted to say 'Thank you' for this guide which was the only light showing me the way to a functioning OS X installation when you first posted it. You were very helpful to me, with my now-antiquated Gigabyte EP35-DS3L motherboard (which still works wonderfully-- I have it running 8gb RAM, dual 20-inch monitors @ 1680 x 1050, Logitech 9000 Webcam, dual-core CPU, 3 hard drives, a Chameleon Boot partition and boot drive, plus a 640gb data drive and a 1.5tb Time Machine drive each in SATA hot-swap bays, running on OS X 10.6.7 now).

For Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro 4, the i- suites (iLife and iWork) and even web-browsing, I think this is a wonderful machine. Several of my friends are jealous of the power of this system, and then when I show them it's a self-build and tell them the price of components, sometimes I have to help them up off the floor!! But that is 99% thanks to you [i'll modestly take the 1% for the build effort and working your guide to successful completion. ;-) ]

Anyway, to you I want to express my deepest thanks in the help of this effort!!

-dave

Connecticut, USA