Webcam

vito297

19 posts in this topic

I have a toshiba m200

with a chicony 2.0 usb built in webcam, the led does light up blue! when in photobooth and other programs but takes a blank white picture!

iv used macam but! they dont have my webcam in there

i have both the vendor id and product id here

[b]Chicony USB 2.0 Camera:[/b]

Version:	3.35
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
 Product ID:	0xb008
 Serial Number:	SN0001
 Vendor ID:	0x04f2

Is there a way i can edit a kext file or edit something in macam drivers to make my webcam usable?

There has to be a way?

if you can get your internet to work by adding your own vendor and product id.

i dont see why you cant do it with this?

i mean how did macam make all these webcam supported where is there driver list once installed ?

I have the same camera in my Toshiba u300 and had the same problems as you.

The blue light would come on, but no picture would appear.

I'm not sure how I got it to work, but it randomly started working one day after I installed the PowerManagement.bundle (link is in my sig).

I have no idea if it's related or not, but it coincidentally started working around the same time.

I haven't fully tested it, and maybe some programs still take blank pics, but the video preview in iChat was working fine. (though the camera sucks, and the noise in the picture prevents the cool backdrops from working :P )

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here with Toshiba A205-S4607. Blue light comes on occasionally but no picture or it goes green. I've tried numerous drivers/patches/hacks to no avail. I wish someone would help get a fix to this. :blowup:

i tried to use macam for my USB webcam,,no luck..instead i use my PANASONIC GS9 MINI DV CAM CORDER.

i was surprise,,there's no need to patch locate any kext to work it out..my DV cam corder has USB port. in the menu there's an options that i can use my mini DV via USB as a WEBCAM..

if u have any digital camera like FUJIFILM or any DV that has an option to use for webcam via USB give it a try :)

im using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

ECS MotherBoard AMD Processor

• 1 year later...
I have a toshiba m200

with a chicony 2.0 usb built in webcam, the led does light up blue! when in photobooth and other programs but takes a blank white picture!

iv used macam but! they dont have my webcam in there

i have both the vendor id and product id here

[b]Chicony USB 2.0 Camera:[/b]

Version:	3.35
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 480 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
 Product ID:	0xb008
 Serial Number:	SN0001
 Vendor ID:	0x04f2

Is there a way i can edit a kext file or edit something in macam drivers to make my webcam usable?

DUDE lol have you ever tried using the "FIND" feature in your broswer and search for the vendor id on the page. i just found one with the same id, but the name is different than Chicony USB 2.0...

here is the link: http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/cameras/camera.php?id=750

idk if that will help you.