FTP Server configuration

8 posts in this topic

I have a problem configuring ftp service. How to allow users share my ftp directories and how to share them!!?? I tried to configure tnftpd server, but it drops all the users trying to connect to my machine. What shall i do? Or maybe there are some ftp-servers with GUI for Mac OS?

I understand that we have options, but unless pureFTPD is compiled as a universal binary, the deamon would be a bit limitted and slow. We are after all in a OSx86 forum. I have used Rump, which i think is very flexable, but the deamon is still PPC. I use pureFTPD on all my linux server because it plays well with webserver applications and since IMO proFTPD "sucks". If you really want a scalable enterprise server, glFTPD is the way to go. I don't know if glFTPD will work on mac since the shipped ftp deamon works for my Mac sandbox at the moment.

Well just like any other unix ftp server, you'll have to create a new system user and give it access to the system. The ftp server will shaddow the user and "should" grant access to it as well. If that fails, then you should consider using another ftp daemon to use. vaiosx recomended one and rumpus is white good for OS X also.