damn :() the question was addressed to Poke Dol

did u get a idlot step same with me?

method 4

3. passwd root <--press enter in here

and then it will ask u to type a password nad the password is invisible

--------------------------

now I get a new problem:

it sucks in login page

when I click an account (e.g. administrator)

it then shows a dock and a second later it show a black screen with a curser on the top-left conner

and it return to the login page...

freeze now ;)

my problem is?

@cgsheen

I did not know if I removed (GeForce, Ge*, and NV*) but after I hit F8 during booting using:

boot with -s

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV*kext

exit

After I type exit, it will load Leo Installation from the DVD.

@fayze

you mean I need to rename the files to "mv /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext.old" ? if so, no it did not work for me.

PS: I have windows vista installed in different HD (SATA) to boot from to see what is my Leo HD (IDE) set for

I use Acronis Disk Director Suite, and I can see the Leo HD info

Partition: none

Type: 0xAF (ShagOS swap)

Flag: Pri, Act.

and I used GParted Live CD to set my IDE HD to boot flag

REMOVE the install DVD from the drive and boot from your new OS X hard drive. You did it once - otherwise you wouldn't have gotten the "nvidia kernel panic". If it doesn't boot from that drive - follow the steps to "make the drive bootable"...

Renaming the .kext files in question has the same effect as removing (deleting them)... That's a different way to do the same thing. So, do whatever works.

LOL poke i am trying to help you ;)) lol..

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

....so you tried this and it didnt work? make sure to type exactly as shown above.. exactly the same with spaces and all :P

WOW! I think ;)

I tryed to install Leopard in another IDE (40GB) and this time I can boot with out the DVD BUT! it will give me "waiting for root device" for ever.

but still I think this is good right?

No... That's not good...

What kind of hardware are you using again?

LOL poke i am trying to help you :)) lol..

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

....so you tried this and it didnt work? make sure to type exactly as shown above.. exactly the same with spaces and all :)

er...

I mean I had found my problem that is I forgotten to hit the enter key and now is solved

this method works ;)

and now the problem is I can't login to the osx

when I boot windows xp

windows seems to be lag when booting

and the macdrive can't use (I mean in "My Computer", it shows the mac partition but it said it's "structure damaged and cannot read")

and in the "add/remove programs"

it loads for a long time and shows nothing

I have one problemmy mouse and keyboard stop working randomly and i have to unplug them and plug them back in to get them to workeverything else works fine except for thati have a logitech G15 keyboard and a logitech g5 mouseamd 5200+ athlon 64 X2asus m2n-sli deluxenvidia 8800 gts 640mbcan anyone help me please
i have the same mouse and keyboard, they both work fine for me. make sure the correct ones are selected in system preferences. if they are correctly set, it may be a problem elsewhere. my mobo is a8n sli, so the problem might lie there. not really sure, just an idea.
after I format and reinstall It WORKS GREAT!!!except the lanfirst i can use safari to surfbut after a while, it shows there is no connectionmy mobo is A8N-SLI, using Marvell Yukon LANand the patch ias included by the zephy iso(forcedeath I think?)
i have a similar problem. my lan works fine, then when i try to dl certain files (vlc.dmg, for ex) it crashes on me. entire system freeze. whats up with that? i downloaded a widget and it was ~300 kb, but the dmg froze at ~107 kb. never seen that before. what are the rest of your system specs?

mine are:

a8n sli

amd 4200 x2

7900 gt

3 satas

g15 keyboard

g5 mouse

I'm hoping I can get somebody's help, I've installed Zephiroth MAX 0SX 10.5.1 AMD. I can into a few problems during installation, one was I have a sata harddrive which could be seen in the drive install utility during installation but I couldn't format it to a mac partition it would freeze. And so to solve that problem I installed Leopard on a USB Portable Harddrive and formatting and everything went great. I followed the guide by pcmantinker, I formatted my drive as HFS+ with MBR. Went throught the installation but it would always hang at about a min to go part. And my computer would just freeze. I finally got it to finish installing by going back into the intaller and letting it install the missing files. And I got a finish installation message at the end and to reboot my computer. I did all that but on loading leopard from my USB Harddrive I just get a flashing cursor. I went through the forums to see what the problem is and I see I have to make leopard off my usb harddrive bootable, I tried to follow the steps listed on http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc8 but I'm not having and success. I'm thinking to start over and format as GUID instead of MBR what do u think? I would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you.

Computer specs:

HP DV 2000(DV2415NR)

AMD TURION 1.8 GIG

1GIG OF RAM

HITACHI SCSI HARDRIVE(VISTA)

80 GIG USB HARDRIVE(LEOPARD)

NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD

Last night I finally figured out how to install Zephiroth's Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD DVD. Here are the steps that I used:
  1. Download Zephiroth's Mac OS X 10.5.1 AMD torrent if you haven't already
  2. Extract all parts of the included rar files by opening the first and selecting extract
  3. Burn the extracted ISO to a DVD with Nero Burning Rom at maximum speed(I used version 7.9)
  4. Format your Mac install partition as FAT32 otherwise the installer won't see it - make sure the drive you install to has an IDE interface
  5. Restart and set your boot device to your CD/DVD-ROM drive
  6. Let the Darwin bootloader start without any options (It will take about 5 or minutes to load the Mac OS X installer)
  7. When you are loaded into the installer, select your language and click next
  8. After you get to the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility
  9. Create and format a mac volume on your destination disk and label it "Leopard"
  10. Exit Disk Utility
  11. Click Next on the OS X installer
  12. Click Customize and uncheck everything (you must make sure they are all unchecked or the installer will hang trying to install them)
  13. First uncheck extra fonts and then expand the languages option and uncheck French
  14. Proceed with unchecking everything
  15. Click OK
  16. Now click Install
  17. Mac will now install (it will take about an hour to completely install)
  18. After installation is complete, you will need to make the partition bootable
  19. Boot from the DVD and hit F8
  20. Type in -s
  21. At the prompt, type in this:

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you only have one it's 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard, usually 1 or 0) - if 0 doesn't exist, try 1

w

q

reboot

22. You will now be able to boot Leopard

23. If you have a PS2 keyboard, you will need to install the driver - skip to step 31 if you have a USB keyboard

24. The easiest way to install the driver is to copy it from your installation DVD from Windows to your Mac partition

25. Windows does not natively install support for HFS+ Mac partitions so you will need to download a program like Mac Drive to view the files

26. Once you install Mac Drive, open your Mac partition and the installation DVD in My Computer

27. Navigate to "System\Library\Extensions\" on your Mac Hard Drive and "System\Library\Extensions\" on your installation DVD

28. Locate the file "ApplePS2Controller.kext" on the installation DVD and copy it to your Mac Hard Drive

29. Restart your computer and select your Mac partition from the boot options

30. You should now be able to boot your Mac partition and use your PS2 keyboard/mouse

31. Follow the onscreen instructions to setup your user account

32. After that is complete, you now have a functional Mac OS X system running on your AMD rig!

33. Install any other drivers that you may need for your hardware using the above method and you should be set! - a list of drivers can be found here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers

All of the above has been tested on this hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ socket AM2

200GB IDE Seagate Barricuda - Mac partition

320GB SATA Seagate Barricuda - Windows partition

2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Elite Group K8M890M-M Motherboard

Nvidia 5200 Geforce FX

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Let me know if you need help with any of the steps. Good luck with installation!

I cant install mac os leopard 10.5.1 on my pc my pc spec refers below

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Asus A8N Sli Deluxe

1GB Memory DDR

250GB Sata II Seagate Harddisk

40GB Samsung IDE Harddisk

SATA Samsung DVD Writer

does my PC Support MAC OS

i cant install mac os it get stuck while loading darwin loader

if i make any changes in PC Specification can i install mac os

thanks for the guide...

but i have a great difficulty:

i grabbed the iso and is burnt into a dvd.

i reboot my computer and boot from the dvd.

i pressed a key for installing leopard, but then i was stuck on the darwin bootloader...

the screen was paused on something starts with BSD.

after say 30 sec, some more lines appeared but it was too fast...

i got "no signal" on my lcd and the computer reboots itself!

My computer spec:

AMD 64 X2 3600+

1G DDR2 x 2

Chipset nForce 405

GeForce 8600GT

and only with m$ wireless desktop set (usb) connected

SATA DVD (even tried with IDE DVD)

IDE Segate HD (10GB, format as FAT32 and id=af, and tried using SATA 500GB)

Please help! Thanks:)

everything fine now

use the forcedeth_nockd.kext instead of the original forcedeath

can use "Kext Helper" to install

all component can be found here

http://osx86.wikidot.com/utilities-resources

and I found osx can't read a patition in NTFS, look like this:

hdd 1( windows | data1)

hdd 2(osx | data2)

osx only found windows, osx, data2

but not data1

wt's the problem?

----------------------------------------------

a little bit abt my config:

AMD A64 3000+ socket 939(BP stepping, sse3)

A8N-SLI(BIOS 1014)

xfx GeForce 6800GS xxx

DDR 512MB x 2

BenQ 1650 (IDE)

samsung 160GB (sata, windows)

hitachi 250GB (sata, osx)

onboard lan (marvell)

emu 0404usb (osx driver provided)

a dell usb kb & razer usb mouse

I cant install mac os leopard 10.5.1 on my pc my pc spec refers below

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Asus A8N Sli Deluxe

1GB Memory DDR

250GB Sata II Seagate Harddisk

40GB Samsung IDE Harddisk

SATA Samsung DVD Writer

does my PC Support MAC OS

i cant install mac os it get stuck while loading darwin loader

if i make any changes in PC Specification can i install mac os

press f8 and type -v -x oh and does you cpu support sse3?

and I found osx can't read a patition in NTFS, look like this:

i thought it could. i have all ntfs drives, and they all read fine straight out of install. but there is a program called ntfs 3g that works with mac fuse to mount them as network drives. its slower, but it works.

It could be that your BIOS detects your hard drives automatically. That's how mine is setup. Have you run the FDISK utility from the DVD? If you haven't, you'll need to do so to write the MBR. That will make your hard drive bootable.

Do you have a working install of Leopard on one of your hard drives? If you have Windows XP, you can follow the instructions here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0

Ok, so ive installed Leopard and works, but no Ethernet or Sound, and the graphics card is not recognized as well, im using a PS2 keyboard, ive copied the ApplePS2Controller like in the guide, the keyboard works but from time to time I get a pop up message saying that something is wrong with the extension.

I have an Leadtek GF8600GT 256MB, nForce 4 mobo with on board Realtek RTL8201 ethernet controller, and on board ALC888 sound, these arent recognized as well.

Ive tried with the latest nVinject, v33 and it doesnt boot anymore, the ive used the -v parameter and it shows me this

2005919632215302368_rs.jpg

If i delete the Kext that starts with GeF* and NV* from the Extensions folder the leopard boots up again but still, no Internet, Sound, Graphics.

So can someone guide me please, i read tons of topics here but i didnt figured out nothing that is actually working, so im hoping i solve something.

Thx and sorry for my bad english

this guide is AWESOME! thanks guys i don't finish though i need helpAfter using the Cd to boot going through the initial install and the computer restarts i have trouble it does the "forbidden blinking cursor" and doesn't move from there ...
Sounds like the Installer didn't make your install drive/partition bootable. That's a very common thing with Zephyroth. It's also addressed in the Wiki.

You probably just need to boot off the DVD again and start in single user mode ( -s ) - use the "fdisk" command to make the partition bootable. A description is in ka911's post above (as well as the Wiki and about 10,000 other places in this Forum in various threads...) Before you do it, make sure you know exactly what your disk NUMBER and partition number is where you installed 10.5.1...

If i delete the Kext that starts with GeF* and NV* from the Extensions folder the leopard boots up again but still, no Internet, Sound, Graphics.

I've never had any luck with the RTL8201... Others SAY they have it working with one of the various "forcedeth" .kexts (there are MANY variations). Mostly, I just see posts describing the GRIEF people are having trying to get it to work properly.

Personally, I just DISABLE the RTL8201 (I have 2 motherboards that use that stinking LAN Adapter!) and install a cheap PCI LAN Adapter that uses the RTL8139 (10/100) or the RTL8169 (gigabit) chipset. They're generally supported natively by 10.5.1.

I think the ALC888 should work - Look in the other Forums for the "Apple HDA" threads. You'll find .kexts or Installers for the 888 (might be the same thing I used for my ALC889a...)

I had to try a few different packages with my 8600GT before I found one that worked and didn't bring back the "NVDresman" panic... I'll list the hardware of my working installs below:

1st GarageBand AMD Mac:

Zephyroth 10.5.1 + AMD 10.5.1 Updates + Marvin

MB: Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-RH 6100/410MCP - ( I/O: Winbond W83627 )

CPU: AMD Turion64 ML40 Socket 754

Drives: IDE DVD and HD - SATA unused - (External USB & 1394 drives work)

Video: EVGA 7600GS fanless PCIe (NVinject 1.15 - QE/CI work)

LAN: Realtek RTL8139 PCI (supported natively) Onboard Realtek 8201 PHY disabled

USB: 1.0 and 2.0 (supported natively and working)

Firewire: Onboard VIA VT 6307 IEEE1394 controller (supported natively)

Audio: Onboard Realtek ALC850 (supported natively)

2nd working install:

Zephyroth 10.5.1 + AMD 10.5.1 Updates + Marvin

MB: Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 - nForce 6100/430 (I/O Winbond W86327) Socket 939

CPU: Athlon64 X2 4200+

Drives: 2 SATA, IDE DVD burner - Boots OSx86 from external USB, Firewire drives work

Video: Gigabyte 8600GTS 256MB PCIe (Zephy's Universal Installer - QE/CI working)

LAN: Realtek RTL8169 PCI (supported natively) Onboard Realtek 8201 PHY disabled

USB: 1.0 & 2.0 (supported natively & working properly)

Firewire: Onboard VIA VT6307 IEEE1394 controller (supported natively)

Audio: Onboard Realtek ALC880 - ANALOG AND DIGITAL (S/PDIF) working with AppleHDA "beta4some861_880Installer"

3rd Zephyroth 10.5.1 + AMD 10.5.1 Updates + Marvin - External USB HD Install:

MB: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H 690G AM2 Motherboard (onboard Radeon x1250 video is disabled)

CPU: Athlon64 X2 4200+ socket AM2

LAN: Realtek RTL8110 - Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps - working (supported natively)

Sound: Realtek ALC889A HD Audio (working! with digital audio output!)

Video: Gigabyte fanless 8600GT PCIe (JohnnieCarcinogen v0.1 installer WORKS all features supported!)

Drives: Maxtor 320GB SATA HD (SATA enabled with the "SB600_SATA_ATA" kexts!)

LG GGC-H20L Combo Blu-ray & HD-DVD drive (SATA & working! Wish OSx could play HD-DVD's! )

Firewire: Oops! haven't checked yet!

Ive managed to make the sound work, but still no luck with the grapshics card, dont know what to do, USB are also not working, ive tried 2 USB pendrives, but the USB printer is detected but again its not working, i give a page to print and it just stays there

Sounds like the Installer didn't make your install drive/partition bootable. That's a very common thing with Zephyroth. It's also addressed in the Wiki.

You probably just need to boot off the DVD again and start in single user mode ( -s ) - use the "fdisk" command to make the partition bootable. A description is in ka911's post above (as well as the Wiki and about 10,000 other places in this Forum in various threads...) Before you do it, make sure you know exactly what your disk NUMBER and partition number is where you installed 10.5.1...

thats my issue everytime i type either......

"fdisk -e /dev/rdiskXsX"............

"diskutil umount /diskXsX"...............XsX being 0s1

on my system it always says disk not found or unable to do what ever it just doesn't work....

i got it to boot some how last night but it froze on the debugger panic like the guy above

Roberts.A: You may check the OSX86 wiki regarding known supported hardware. Some chipsets are not natively supported in Mac. You may have to get a 3rd party driver. Also, with your graphics card, if you have an Nvidia card, I would suggest trying nvinject. It's a great driver that works with most every Nvidia chipset from series 5 to series 8.

kerryandjane: Your Mac install boots and hangs with a kernel panic? If you can get to the Darwin bootloader, press F8 and start with (-x). This will try to boot in safe mode. Do you remember what disk and partition you installed Mac on? It is crucial that you set the active partition to the correct one. I have mistaken that before.

When you see "ntldr not found" that is typically a Windows MBR telling you that you don't have an OS installed. This is written to a hard drive when you format it in Windows. If you can boot into the DVD, make sure to format the hard drive in HFS+J (Mac OS Extended Journaled). You also need to make sure to use the fdisk utility from the DVD to write the proper MBR. This will make your drive bootable once you have Mac installed. It shouldn't matter which hard drive you have Mac installed on. Just be sure to set the particular hard drive that you boot from as the default boot device.

now i can't even get it to that stage...... yes i know EXACTLY what disk its on but it will always say "unable to find /disk0s1" i thought maybe because its leopard now so i tried "diskutil umount blah blah" and the same thing tried to skip that step and try"fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0s1"

"fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0s1"

Is that seriously what you've been typing??? Where did you find that? On the Wiki? In MY instructions? (rhetorical questions all - please don't answer...)

OK, here it is one more time:

AFTER you've booted off the Install DVD and successfully installed OS X ( Got the BIG GREEN checkmark and told that your computer will reboot in 30 seconds ):

- remove the DVD

- attempt to boot from the new install HD

- IF IT FAILS TO BOOT:

a. Put the DVD back in

b. boot from the Install DVD

c. at the countdown, press F8

d. at the prompt type -s (hit Enter)

e. it'll do some stuff and STOP at a "command prompt"

f. at this prompt type the lines below - hit Enter at the end of each line:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (if your HD is really ZERO - else actual drive number at the end of "rdisk")

update

f 1 (if your install partition is really ONE - else...)

w

q

reboot

pull the DVD, see if it boots from the install HD now...

IF it DOESN'T:

- start the install completely over - erase and/or re-partition your install HD THEN re-install.

IF it DOES:

- HURRY, press a key!!

- you want to start in "safe mode"! Use -x at the prompt

- it'll take a while to run through all the .kexts & etc. - chill out

- if it works, you'll be at the "we don't know what-the-stink keyboard you have"

All you have to do NOW is: get past the "account creation" screens! And you're IN!

( hint: you'd better have a known working LAN Adapter - fully supported. ELSE: DISABLE ALL your LAN adapters, maybe Firewire, in the BIOS or pull the PCI card(s)! OS X will be looking for an Internet connection and will SCREW you royally if yours is half-assed. Read-up on "account creation" problems - stalls - loops... easy as pie... )

Oh, and if no one has told you yet:

10.5.1 DOESN'T work on ALL HARDWARE!

I've had 3 successful installs on EIGHT (8) different AMD computers. I probably do better than most...