ADI AD1988b sound support?

cpow

23 posts in this topic

Hello this post is pretty self explanitory. I have been working on getting everything in my leopard install working correctly for some time now. I just now managed to get my nvidia 8600GT working (YAY!!).

I am still; however, having a problem with my sound.

System Specs:

AMD athlon x2 5600+ windsor

M2n SLI-Deluxe Mobo nforce 570 chipset.

ADI AD1988b onboard sound

2gb RAM

yadda yadda...

So I have been looking for a long time and i cant seem to find a solution to my onboard sound. I found an applehda patcher but it didnt work. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about the ADI AD1988b onboard sound and if they ever got theirs working?

If there is already a solved post on this topic then please point me in the direction of said post. Like i said the appleHDA patcher didnt work for me.

Thanks in advance!!!

-cpow

Boot up an Ubuntu/Knoppix LiveCD and see if your sound works. If it does, it should definitely work with Taruga's AppleHDA patcher. You say it didn't work for you, but did you grab your own personal codec from linux? Or did you try others' codecs? If not, do this first.

If it doesn't work in Linux, you may have a problem. If it does, there is hope.

• 1 month later...

I own a P5B Deluxe with Wifi.

Audio is an onboard AD1988B. AzaliaAudio.pkg worked, now I have audio.

But installing AzaliaAudio it had an annoying side effect: The OS boot time now takes approx. 3 minutes.

Also, Adobe Premiere Pro waits about the same amount of time before starting rendering.

I suppose somehow the driver gets in a wait-timeout process where wait time is a couple of minutes.

[by-the-way: any comment, any suggestion is more than welcome! ]

-g ucoluk

My motherboard has AD1988 sound on the Intel ICH5 southbridge.

It works great - but I have to connect the speakers to the Line input!

Try all the plugs, maybe you'll get lucky.

Does your motherboard have a header for front audio plugs? Try hooking those up as well and see if you can get sound from there.

Mine does, the 'front' microphone plug works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dear folks, newbie here. Asus p5b-e plus.

Installed Kalyway 5.1 (with 1988b driver, silly me!), no sound. Upgraded to 5.2 with his patch, still no success.

Downloaded AzaliaAudio_AD1988.pkg but it says that preflight script failed. And I'm still not that experienced with Leo to do something cruel by hand.

Anyway, the 1988 seems to work only with stereo analog outputs, which is not enough for me: I have 5.1 amp attached on optical SPDIF output. I'm afraid that the only way is to obtain a native macpro soundcard.

The question is: what sound does MacPro have?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i have leo4all on my intel c2d with asus p5b-deluxe and the ad1988b too

2 channel sound works perfect but i need 5.1 with mp3

the subwoofer is the most important thing

is there any solution?

for example a program that can upmix the 2 channel signal

I own a P5B Deluxe with Wifi.

Audio is an onboard AD1988B. AzaliaAudio.pkg worked, now I have audio.

But installing AzaliaAudio it had an annoying side effect: The OS boot time now takes approx. 3 minutes.

Also, Adobe Premiere Pro waits about the same amount of time before starting rendering.

I suppose somehow the driver gets in a wait-timeout process where wait time is a couple of minutes.

[by-the-way: any comment, any suggestion is more than welcome! ]

-g ucoluk

Got the same board, got 10.5.2. working latest kernel. No audio IN and WIFI.

boot time doesnt take 3 minutes, more like 20 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same M2n SLI-Deluxe board hooked up to the two speakers on my tv/monitor. I tried AzaliaAudio.pkg because all i need is 2 channels but leopard still dosent recognize it. I've had no problem using this card with neither vista nor ubuntu so i know its not broken. I'm also booting up in safe boot mode currently as i'm trying to sort out a kernel panic. Could safe boot be blocking my sound driver?

I have the same Driver that davejones posted and it works just fine with optical out as well as the rest of the plugs.......try installing it first then re-run the taruga installer

Do you mean i should install the azalia audio driver then taruga? because i've tried that and still havent had any luck. Im only looking for stereo, 2 speaker out. No mic or optical or anything like that.

• 4 months later...

I installed Leo 10.5.2 (Kalyway I think) a few months ago, but I coudn't have my digital output working, so I didn't use any more.

Tonight I remembered my audio problem with Leo and booted it up again. Searching in forums I found this thread and I decided to try with AD1988B rev4 and it works!!!

Now I have my ADI AD1088b digital output working!

I have an AMD 5000+ on a mobo m2n sli deluxe

I have azalia audio kext installed

I just run AD1988B rev4 installer on my Leo and then went to sound in control panel and selected the sound card digital output. Thats all!

Now I'm going to use this SO learn a bit more about it.

Hello this post is pretty self explanitory. I have been working on getting everything in my leopard install working correctly for some time now. I just now managed to get my nvidia 8600GT working (YAY!!).

I am still; however, having a problem with my sound.

System Specs:

AMD athlon x2 5600+ windsor

M2n SLI-Deluxe Mobo nforce 570 chipset.

ADI AD1988b onboard sound

2gb RAM

yadda yadda...

So I have been looking for a long time and i cant seem to find a solution to my onboard sound. I found an applehda patcher but it didnt work. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about the ADI AD1988b onboard sound and if they ever got theirs working?

If there is already a solved post on this topic then please point me in the direction of said post. Like i said the appleHDA patcher didnt work for me.

Thanks in advance!!!

-cpow

go to my forum in the sound catagory i have a temp fix there that will give u sound out of the mic still working on the driver hopefully will be done soon hope it helps for now here is the file

Audio_Setup_Sigmatel_9220.zip

I can't tell you about that I have only tried the optical output to make sure it works. You can always try the V3 of the installer and the try plex and see if that works for you.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the link http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-index.php is dead.

I would appreciate if anybody could clarify about the level of optical support (only stereo or 5.1 included).

Regards

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
I can't tell you about that I have only tried the optical output to make sure it works. You can always try the V3 of the installer and the try plex and see if that works for you.

Upgraded to 10.5.5 yesterday and installed V3 driver, but the digital audio remains stereo only. No 5.1 or DTS coming through. Any further thoughs?

Joe

• 2 months later...
go to my forum in the sound catagory i have a temp fix there that will give u sound out of the mic still working on the driver hopefully will be done soon hope it helps for now here is the file

what about the AUDIO MIC LIN IN??

i cna't get it working i have ADI AD1988B onboard audio on a P5B PREMIUM VISTA

please help!!

• 1 year later...