Intermittent Issues

kendalc

2 posts in this topic

Hi there. I'm just coming off of a fresh install of OSx86 Jas 10.4.8 on an Athlon X2 3800+.

I couldn't seem to get the Realtek 8201 phy onboard lan to work. I tried the PCGenUli526xEthernet.kext and the force~~.kext (can't remember the name) drivers both with no luck. I followed instructions for PCGe... but no luck. I didn't get into the Info.plist on either one because of file persmissions...

So I gave up and grabbed an old Linksys USB Network Adapter (10-T or something like that) out of the closet and hooked it up. I installed the Pegasus drivers in osx86, and after restart, internet worked.

After about 30 minutes of browsing, my connection dies, even though system prefs>network still says I'm connected. After restart, systemprefs>network says my device is working, but my cable is unplugged. After unplugging everything and plugging back in, it comes back up... and the cycle starts all over again!

I tried deleting the automatic profile and making a new one, and I also tried toggling settings, but nothing... I've checked the cables, and from what I can tell, everything is plugged in right... any ideas?????

-thanks