GMA 950 Slowness

covenant

4 posts in this topic

I have a Jas 10.4.8 system on an MSI 945GM3 board, with GMA 950 graphics. This system worked flawlessly for months, until some boron ran updates on it. So I went to fix things for the guy and loaded clean.

However, for some reason the graphics driver isn't "sticking". It loads fine, and says QE/CI are supported. But after a reboot or two, it will go into molasses mode - all of the screen effects such as the shrinking and blowing up of windows that are minimized/restored, etc, are in slow motion (just like if you were hitting the key that makes it do that on purpose). The dock itself animates slowly as well.

If I reload the GMA 950 package file from the install disk, and reboot, everything is fine - until I reboot again - at which point everything is slow again.

Does anybody know why this might be happening?

Just upgraded this system to 10.5.1 kalyway, and on the first boot the video was perfect - zippy and fast. But after a reboot, this too went to "slow motion mode" for no explained reason. Profiler still shows QE/CI fully supported, but the graphics are stuck in slow-motion.

Please help, has ANYBODY experienced this issue and come up with a solution?