NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 - ANY UPDATES?

tjkb

22 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there were any updates on how to properly install and make the NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 graphics card work on the Leopard MAC OS X? Also any other updates on the thinkpad t61p hardwares? I basically want some help on getting my video card to work and my ethernet (Intel® 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection). THANKS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news, it's funny to see this post as I just went through this, this past weekend. I have the fx570 setup and running on my new notebook HP/Compaq 8510w. It uses the quadro fx 570 with the attached drivers running full res 1900x1200 I think it's at with QE/CI and QuartzGL all fully functional. I did install via the Apple Retail Leopard 10.5.4 disk with the PC-EFIv8. Please see this post for the cd's required to install: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...88&hl=EFIv8

Hope this helps and let me know. This system will not let me upload the file as it's to big but here is where I downloaded it: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20 Use the NVinstaller v.52 that's what worked for me. I am still working on the ethernet.

QuartzGL Working.

QE/CI still not Working.

8510w (FX570)

:(

Jois21,

What did you install with? I used the method in my previous post, I have the exact same machine, Compaq 8510w and it works like a charm. With my FX570M I used the NVinstaller .52 and it all worked perfectly. I also installed as a retail install. Let me know and I'll see if I can help you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey :thumbsdown_anim:

i install the quadro fx 570 from pny with inject 2.1 and get all working very good even finalcut works great but it couldnt recognize it like fx 570 why?

and if i install it from the retail dvd(now from ideneb 10.5.5)should it work fine? is there any drivers in the osx?( now down the latest 10.5.6 )

hope for help and thanks in advence

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone...so it's been over an year since Ive been waiting for an answer to this question. Can anybody fill me in on what developments have been made towards getting the FX570m to work with OSX? Is there still no update? ;)

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. Would love to hear of any updates for the Quadro FX 570m but have been searching everywhere and there doesn't seem to be much progress, unfortunately.

Got a IBM ThinkPad T61p and was gonna try (another) install of OS X on an external hard drive soon.

Will try the methods stated earlier in this thread regarding NVinstaller v.52, 9f23installer.pkg and NV Inject 2.1.

Will post back with my results.

Have tried a couple of installs so far but I can't get past the Apple boot logo. This was from the XxX 10.5.6 Leopard install DVD. Tried the iPC 10.5.6 DVD too but that wouldn't let me install to the external HD. Some problem to do with start up boot disk.

What I'll try next time is a bare bones install with just the necessities and the aforementioned graphics card kext.

Unfortunately, for the moment I don't have the external HD I could test on and i can't really afford to blow the HD of the laptop away for a Leopard install.

When I do get the external HD back though, I'll have a few more go's. I know I can boot into Leopard as I did it a while ago with a Kalyway disk so i'll have a hunt around for that. However, I remember that I had no sound, graphics (FX570m), battery management, keyboard keys (e.g. DEL, Insert, etc. however those can be fixed), WiFi (Intel 3xxx)

Sorry I could not be of much use, but I'll post back when I get my external HD back)

(by the way, For ThinkPad T61P users (like me) who are interested in hackintoshing their machine, there is an excellent guide posted by jharlem on these forums)

• 5 months later...
So why is it that other people seem to have some success with the graphics card Quadro FX 570m while thinkpad t61p users with the same card can't get it to run properly?

Bump

Any updates to this? :(

Can't get it working on my T61p either

• 1 year later...
hey B)

i install the quadro fx 570 from pny with inject 2.1 and get all working very good even finalcut works great but it couldnt recognize it like fx 570 why?

and if i install it from the retail dvd(now from ideneb 10.5.5)should it work fine? is there any drivers in the osx?( now down the latest 10.5.6 )

hope for help and thanks in advence

I'm running a Quadro FX 570 and a Quadro NVS 285 using iDeneb 1.5.1 drivers. NVinject makes my system hang and gives me kernel panic. NvDarwin works extremely well, and I have four gorgeous displays up and running as I type this. The specific kexts loaded are NVdarwin NVDAN40HAL NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman. I've attached them. Not sure if kext helper installation will do it, because I used the iDeneb distro. I would make certain that all other nvidia kexts are out of your extensions folder before trying these. Hope it helps.

Nvidia_Kexts.zip